Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Its BS. If our fan base was a little more hardcore we'd have more success. See UK basketball or Alabama football.

It's as much nonsense as blaming players on the bench for not clapping hard enough.  Some people just refuse to put any blame on the adult making millions of dollars.

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Blaming the fans is always a bad idea.  It's nonsense.

The fan base is the biggest thing IU has going for it right now. 4 tournament appearances in the past 11 years and the fans still show up on a Thursday night to pack the Hall. The only people who blame the fans are those who don't want to put blame on who really deserves it. 

14 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Lmao. Good to see all the anti-Archie guys agreeing with each other that fans aren't having that big an impact.Who cares what actual recruits say. Fire Archie, am I right or am I right

Yes, they didn't want to talk about how well we've been playing, but they will come out of the woodwork to tell us it that it's not the fan's fault. But that next loss they will be here telling us how he can't coach again. Exactly what I told him, we have some of the best fans in the nation and some of the worst. The problem is the worst has a louder voice than the rest of the fans. Of course, all of this is just my opinion

25 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Lmao. Good to see all the anti-Archie guys agreeing with each other that fans aren't having that big an impact.Who cares what actual recruits say. Fire Archie, am I right or am I right

If by anti Archie you mean the people screaming for him to actually do something to prevent losing another season like we did last year as he kept doing the same thing all season then yeah I guess that’s anti Archie. 

29 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I don't believe our fans are that big of a problem, because again it'd be impossible with Kentucky's fans.  I've also never said Miller should be fired; I've said there are glaring red flags that haven't been addressed and that's still true.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

I don't believe our fans are that big of a problem, because again it'd be impossible with Kentucky's fans.  I've also never said Miller should be fired; I've said there are glaring red flags that haven't been addressed and that's still true.

One concern I have is that we aren’t going to go get another ball handler. Archie’s offense sorta requires two on the court at once and we haven’t even had two on the roster at once. 

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

So only one team can have idiotic fans? Is there a weekly ranking of teams with bad fans? I don't get the argument of fans can't be a problem because UK has them too. No one is saying that fans are the whole problem but they are part of the problem. Recruits have said it about IU, Coaches have said it, writers have but you can't tell some people anything. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes, they didn't want to talk about how well we've been playing, but they will come out of the woodwork to tell us it that it's not the fan's fault. But that next loss they will be here telling us how he can't coach again. Exactly what I told him, we have some of the best fans in the nation and some of the worst. The problem is the worst has a louder voice than the rest of the fans. Of course, all of this is just my opinion

Not sure about "they",  but speaking for myself I don't want Archie fired or on the hot seat or even criticized. I want him to win games. He is the third year head coach at Indiana University, is well compensated and has a lot of tools at his disposal. That has accountability, but I don't expect magical results. I'm not demanding a Conf championship or Final four. I do expect consistent hustle, smart play and an NCAA birth as bare minimums. Last night and at Nebraska were great indicators IU is on the right track. I will wait until the end of the year though because last season. I see positive signs but it's time for actual results.

I hope Archie is having the time of his life and relishes all of this, but if not and he thinks the fans are too hard on him based on his results? Too freaking bad. I have 0 control over any of that- He on the other hand has a lot of control over it.  Don't like it Archie? Then win or go back to Dayton.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So only one team can have idiotic fans? Is there a weekly ranking of teams with bad fans? I don't get the argument of fans can't be a problem because UK has them too. No one is saying that fans are the whole problem but they are part of the problem. Recruits have said it about IU, Coaches have said it, writers have but you can't tell some people anything. 

It doesn’t jive though. Brooks said the fans had him go elsewhere but then he went to a school with a fanbase that went out of their way to tell him they didn’t want him?  

So was the fanbase the real reason or just an easy justification. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

You can't expect me to believe fans are hampering IU when there are programs with rabid fans that are humming along fine.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

It doesn’t jive though. Brooks said the fans had him go elsewhere but then he went to a school with a fanbase that went out of their way to tell him they didn’t want him?  

So was the fanbase the real reason or just an easy justification. 

I don't think it's just Brooks though. If it's me and I'm hoping to be a one & done or two and done I'm picking UK every day of the week. But I do think it has been others in the last two years that have had IU fans make ridiculous posts on social media about them. Again this is just what I believe from living here, working here and being around the program. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't think it's just Brooks though. If it's me and I'm hoping to be a one & done or two and done I'm picking UK every day of the week. But I do think it has been others in the last two years that have had IU fans make ridiculous posts on social media about them. Again this is just what I believe from living here, working here and being around the program. 

I see a lot of stuff from this fanbase towards recruits. Garcia for example. Most of it would be considered positive albeit creepy. 

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

You can't expect me to believe fans are hampering IU when there are programs with rabid fans that are humming along fine.

It's an excuse.  The slow learners have a million of them.

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

oh so will the "quick learners" if/when Archie proves he is the guy for the job. 

If he can prove it, we'll all be happy.  He hasn't proven it.

44 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I don't think it's hurting us, I think it just gets magnified here because we don't win as much as the programs we get compared to. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

So you mean the fans there last night, going nuts, and supporting the team?  If recruits are complaining about fans, you're recruiting the wrong players.