Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Yea the wife has said lots of B1G tickets available that used to not be. Im just not interested in traveling 2 hrs to watch this team right now.

I only have to drive an hour. But I’m not paying that kind of money to go to Assembly Hall anymore. Personally, I don’t think tickets should cost so much for a basketball game in an ancient building. And to say they have to have the money is false. That’s what donations are for. That’s why I like going to girls games. They used to be $5 and now are $7. You even get to sit wherever you want for those. It would nice if they’d cut ticket prices in half. Why the hell should anyone pay $186 for a ticket to a college basketball game? For a team that hasn’t been the NCAA tourney for 3 years? Honestly I don’t care how good we are, the tickets shouldn’t be that much. And students should be getting them for free for paying $20K a year to go there. That’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bloomington is a quite a drive for me.....I try to hit a football game or two because it's something the whole family enjoys, but usually don't get to many basketball games at Assembly Hall.  I try to catch them at Northwestern when they play there since it's just a little over an hour drive and I hit the Big Ten tourney every year when it's in Chicago or Indianapolis.

For those of you who haven't ever been to the BTT....if you are on the fence of deciding to take a day in, if it's in Chicago, don't, if it's in Indy, do.  The United Center is horrible for taking in two sessions because there is literally nothing in the area to do between sessions and unless you enjoying walking for twenty-five minutes to wait in line at a place like Subway just to have to stand outside and eat, then it's just a pain.  Indy has their **** together for it -- much better venue as it's in downtown and they even have individual restaurants 'designated' for fans of the different teams if you want to go and hang out with fans of your team.

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Bloomington is a quite a drive for me.....I try to hit a football game or two because it's something the whole family enjoys, but usually don't get to many basketball games at Assembly Hall.  I try to catch them at Northwestern when they play there since it's just a little over an hour drive and I hit the Big Ten tourney every year when it's in Chicago or Indianapolis.

For those of you who haven't ever been to the BTT....if you are on the fence of deciding to take a day in, if it's in Chicago, don't, if it's in Indy, do.  The United Center is horrible for taking in two sessions because there is literally nothing in the area to do between sessions and unless you enjoying walking for twenty-five minutes to wait in line at a place like Subway just to have to stand outside and eat, then it's just a pain.  Indy has their **** together for it -- much better venue as it's in downtown and they even have individual restaurants 'designated' for fans of the different teams if you want to go and hang out with fans of your team.

My wife and I will be driving up to Chicago the Friday of the BTT this year but thinking about trying to go to our game on Thursday. I’m assuming we will be playing that day. 

Have went once before the year of the Syracuse debacle and it was a very enjoyable experience. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

My wife and I will be driving up to Chicago the Friday of the BTT this year but thinking about trying to go to our game on Thursday. I’m assuming we will be playing that day. 

Have went once before the year of the Syracuse debacle and it was a very enjoyable experience. 

I was there as well that year.  If I remember correctly, they put a clown stomping on Illinois in the round of 8 before crapping the bed against Wisconsin in the semis.

Friday is always the best day of the tournament.  Four games with guarantees of the top four seeds each playing.  I never go to the play in round, but besides that day the worst day of the tournament IMO is the Sunday championship day.  It never really matters who wins that game in terms of seeding and instead of being home to watch the selection show, I'm usually stuck in traffic on my way home listening to the radio for it.

18 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I only have to drive an hour. But I’m not paying that kind of money to go to Assembly Hall anymore. Personally, I don’t think tickets should cost so much for a basketball game in an ancient building. And to say they have to have the money is false. That’s what donations are for. That’s why I like going to girls games. They used to be $5 and now are $7. You even get to sit wherever you want for those. It would nice if they’d cut ticket prices in half. Why the hell should anyone pay $186 for a ticket to a college basketball game? For a team that hasn’t been the NCAA tourney for 3 years? Honestly I don’t care how good we are, the tickets shouldn’t be that much. And students should be getting them for free for paying $20K a year to go there. That’s just me.

If "they have to have the money" they should stop taking the B1G TV money and using it for all kinds of things unrelated to sports. 

On 1/23/2020 at 11:11 AM, Vauxhall and IU said:

So I guess the "no political talk" rule is out the window now? Good to know, I'll keep that in mind in the future. 

Ugh.

Have we really gotten to the point where no one can have a frank and open conversation for fear of someone getting the vapors at the mere mention of something that is the slightest bit political?

On topic. Archie has made changes to his credit.  I will say in the future I hope it doesn’t take him 2 1/2 years to make them. But hopefully this allows him to land the guys we need in 2021 to continue momentum. 

I agree. 2 guys are getting much less time and we seem to show up with great effort every game. In years past, Archie would say indicate changes were coming but if he made them, we did not see them.

For those wanting Archie gone. If it is recruiting that bothers you...take a look in the mirror. In an article by Hondo Carpenter of Spartan Nation SI this morning, he states that he talked to a recruit from last year, two from this year and one from the class of '21 that all stated that they "loved" Indiana and Coach Miller but turned their interest or committed to other schools because of IU fan scrutiny. Carpenter stated that at a "Mount Rushmore" school like IU, it was bad enough to recruit against other top level schools, but even more difficult to recruit against your own fans! There you have it folks!!

10 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

For those wanting Archie gone. If it is recruiting that bothers you...take a look in the mirror. In an article by Hondo Carpenter of Spartan Nation SI this morning, he states that he talked to a recruit from last year, two from this year and one from the class of '21 that all stated that they "loved" Indiana and Coach Miller but turned their interest or committed to other schools because of IU fan scrutiny. Carpenter stated that at a "Mount Rushmore" school like IU, it was bad enough to recruit against other top level schools, but even more difficult to recruit against your own fans! There you have it folks!!

Forgive me if I don’t exactly believe this because of the source. Not to mention there was very little to no scrutiny of Archie until this season. 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Forgive me if I don’t exactly believe this because of the source. Not to mention there was very little to no scrutiny of Archie until this season. 

There has been scrutiny of Archie from day one by some on here. Alot during the season last year. Hey I'm just reporting what I read. I have a tendency to believe some of this after seeing the personal trashing of players and recruits on this board.

3 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

There has been scrutiny of Archie from day one by some on here. Alot during the season last year. Hey I'm just reporting what I read. I have a tendency to believe some of this after seeing the personal trashing of players and recruits on this board.

It happens with every fan base. Kentucky flat out told Brooks he wasn’t wanted. Where’d he go?  

I found this quote inter

32 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Seems like I have been saying this. I even mentioned something like this to Archie last week when I saw him. 

39 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

If this was as much of an issue as some want to make it out to be then it'd be impossible to recruit to pUKe.  They'd make IU fans seem mild if they went through what we have.

37 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Need to be a much tougher player if stupid a$$ fan chit is going to get to you.  

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It happens with every fan base. Kentucky flat out told Brooks he wasn’t wanted. Where’d he go?  

That was my first thought too. I wouldn't say I DON"T believe it, but find it very, very hard to believe that IU fans are spooking these poor gentle souls. 

My next question is where are these guys going where everything is rainbows and puppies with constant encouragement and gentle caresses? 

There are degrees, but most fan bases are similar. Very similar. Social media has made everyone an expert/stalker/commentator if it's at Michigan, Marquette or Texas Tech. Wanna bet if UNC fans have rallied around their players or are pillaging them every night? People in general are the problem, not IU fans.