Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

It looks like the ghost from IU's past and future both had hard nights last night. Crean's team celebrates at halftime like they won the NC, then lays an egg in the 2nd half. Chris Beard's TT team had to work awful hard to get to 50 points. The great Chris Holtman has now lost 3 in a row. It's a long season, every team has ups and downs. Were 11-3 with a win tonight could be 12-3. 
Holtman soon to lose 4 in a row.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

This coach wanted them to be A PART of this team. Not the foundation.

Injuries to Jerome Hunter, rob, and Race haven’t helped.

Plus recruiting misses like Carton, Garland, and many others tend to support the fact he was not of the mindset that in year three al and Justin should be starting and playing 30 minutes a game. But they are, and here we are, a struggling team.

But still an 11-3 team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Then he shouldn't have recruited them.  All these players except Green and Davis are on Archie.  Even Green and Davis have been his for 3 years now though.

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

Then he shouldn't have recruited them.  All these players except Green and Davis are on Archie.  Even Green and Davis have been his for 3 years now though.

Wait, why shouldn't he have recruited them? 

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Wait, why shouldn't he have recruited them? 

At some point if one of your players grows into an upperclassman, he's going to be a foundation player.  Or are you using a different definition?  What's yours?

Just now, Josh said:

At some point if one of your players grows into an upperclassman, he's going to be a foundation player.  Or are you using a different definition?  What's yours?

Oh i gotcha. Yeah I don't know that i agree he shouldn't have recruited them, just that at this point I think he believed they would be role players off the bench and not heavy minute starters. But the roster at this point doesn't allow for that, which is part injuries part recruiting misses IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Untrue.  He didn't recruit Durham or Smith, either.

The way I remember it, Crean recruited and signed both players.  Then Crean was let go in the spring before their college careers.  Recruits can be let out of their LOIs with no repurcussions to the program or recruits.  However, Archie flew to Georgia to re-recruit Al and keep him.  He then went to Chocago to do the same with Justin.

As much as I try to refrain from linking to other message boards, here are two extensive threads from this week that y'all may find insightful:    ;)
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/board/123/Contents/is-holtman-the-answer-141589343/
https://247sports.com/college/louisville/board/103990/Contents/what-is-macks-buyout-141811041/

Thank you - very much in line with what I’ve been saying but this backs it up nicely.

Iu fans are not the problem, this type of activity is normal anywhere there are people that care.

Crazy OSU turned into pressure cooker so fast for Holtmann, IU fans at least have Archie 2.5 years before this talk began. Meanwhile Holtmann takes his first team to the tourney and has his second team ranked and yet the fans are turning on him.

He has a tighter leash at OSU than Archie does at IU. IU will put up with a lot more before they make a move

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Way to stay with the negative theme!  You're on the podium.

Old Friend, let me retype the title of this thread for ya in case you didn't read it:  The Unbridled Negativity Thread. If you didn't know, unbridled means: uncontrolled; unconstrained.  

I stay on the negative threads as to not bring the sunshine pumpers down on the other threads. 

Thank you - very much in line with what I’ve been saying but this backs it up nicely.

Iu fans are not the problem, this type of activity is normal anywhere there are people that care.

Crazy OSU turned into pressure cooker so fast for Holtmann, IU fans at least have Archie 2.5 years before this talk began. Meanwhile Holtmann takes his first team to the tourney and has his second team ranked and yet the fans are turning on him.

He has a tighter leash at OSU than Archie does at IU. IU will put up with a lot more before they make a move

I love it. We have seen now that both Butler and OSU fans have questioned whether their coach is up to the task and yet we are supposedly the pressure cooker.

All these schools have fans that expect results.

1 hour ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Old Friend, let me retype the title of this thread for ya in case you didn't read it:  The Unbridled Negativity Thread. If you didn't know, unbridled means: uncontrolled; unconstrained.  

I stay on the negative threads as to not bring the sunshine pumpers down on the other threads. 

Not to answer for him (he's very, very capable of blunt talk), but I think that Old Friend was making that point; that meltdown predictions were being stated in exactly the right thread.

At the risk of patting myself on my mod-back, re-naming this thread to its current title is one of the finer ideas my muddled brain has come up with on this board. Now? Getcher bitchin on as loud as you want, but do it here where the reader has been warned!

19 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Didn’t Chris007 mention that Al and Justin were highly encouraged to stay due to our borderline failing APR?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Releasing a recruit from his LOI has no impact on a team's APR

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not to answer for him (he's very, very capable of blunt talk), but I think that Old Friend was making that point; that meltdown predictions were being stated in exactly the right thread.

At the risk of patting myself on my mod-back, re-naming this thread to its current title is one of the finer ideas my muddled brain has come up with on this board. Now? Getcher bitchin on as loud as you want, but do it here where the reader has been warned!

hahaha I'm just way to wound up and defensive. I went back and re-read it. I get it now. Cheers to those who ***** beside me in the battlefield that is the IU boards. 

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

I love it. We have seen now that both Butler and OSU fans have questioned whether their coach is up to the task and yet we are supposedly the pressure cooker.

All these schools have fans that expect results.

Who has said they don't? Of course they do. But these "great" example threads combined would reach a total of FOUR pages by one single post. We posted these example threads on the 27th page of ours. It's all relative.