Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

19 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Don’t show up on here after months of not being around and call everyone out that disagreed with you once things start going south. Looks incredibly foolish. 

How does being right make me look foolish? There WERE a lot of Archie fanboys who are now turning on him and acting like they didn't praise the move when it happened. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out. Although if you're one of the fanboys, I could see how it would be embarrassing.  

Also, in my opinion, things started going south in the off season when nothing was done to address this team's painfully obvious shooting woes. 

52 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes, I believe he's been all academic Big Ten the last couple of seasons. I think he will graduate in May and could possibly be a grad transfer next season. 

That could well be a contributing factor to why he didn't transfer out after last season as some (including me) expected would happen.  Had he transferred he would be sitting out this season.  He stays and plays, graduates, transfers elsewhere with immediate playing time.  Certainly a possibility to consider.

6 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

How does being right make me look foolish? There WERE a lot of Archie fanboys who are now turning on him and acting like they didn't praise the move when it happened. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out. Although if you're one of the fanboys, I could see how it would be embarrassing.  

Also, in my opinion, things started going south in the off season when nothing was done to address this team's painfully obvious shooting woes. 

Congratulations on being “right”, I guess? That’s not the foolish part. It’s telling all the “fanboys” how “wrong” they are which, as I’m sure you’re aware, is completely subjective. If anonymously telling everyone how “right” you are is what does it for you, keep on keepin’ on though.

I also haven’t seen an Archie “fanboy” that has switched their stance to the degree that you’re claiming. Some have surely *GASPS* changed their opinion on this anonymous message board. (Which is not against BtownBanners policy, just for the record) Provide proof of one of these fanboy turncoats and I’ll be sure to get the mob to throw tomatoes at them or whatever revs your engine. 

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That could well be a contributing factor to why he didn't transfer out after last season as some (including me) expected would happen.  Had he transferred he would be sitting out this season.  He stays and plays, graduates, transfers elsewhere with immediate playing time.  Certainly a possibility to consider.

If he Leaves we need a grad transfer. One of the Ivy League kids maybe. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Congratulations on being “right”, I guess? That’s not the foolish part. It’s telling all the “fanboys” how “wrong” they are which, as I’m sure you’re aware, is completely subjective. If anonymously telling everyone how “right” you are is what does it for you, keep on keepin’ on though.

I also haven’t seen an Archie “is my lover (like I seriously love him so much)” that has switched their stance to the degree that you’re claiming. Some have surely *GASPS* changed their opinion on this anonymous message board. (Which is not against BtownBanners policy, just for the record) Provide proof of one of these is my lover (like I seriously love him so much) turncoats and I’ll be sure to get the mob to throw tomatoes at them or whatever revs your engine. 

You are way more fired up about this than me. It was really one (1) tongue-in-cheek comment. I'm guessing you were one of the fanboys I mentioned who has now "changed your opinion." There's nothing wrong with that.. But there are people who predicted the situation accurately from the start. Why can't that be pointed out? 

A good example for you: being from Baltimore, there were many guys talking about how horrible Lamar Jackson would be in year 2. How he would never be a winning QB, how the formula wouldn't work, how he couldn't throw and would be injured by week 3. And there were others who thought patience was key and there was something to the kid and maybe, just maybe, he would make the leap.. Now all of the negative guys who said he sucked are "changing their minds" and literally lining up around the block to buy a Lamar Jackson jersey.. I'll let you guess where I stood.

Just to be clear, this is the "unbridled negativity" thread, correct?

4 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Now all of the negative guys who said he sucked are "changing their minds" and literally lining up around the block to buy a Lamar Jackson jersey.. I'll let you guess where I stood.

I'm guessing you stood at the front of the line? 

2 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

You are way more fired up about this than me. It was really one (1) tongue-in-cheek comment. I'm guessing you were one of the fanboys I mentioned who has now "changed your opinion." There's nothing wrong with that.. But there are people who predicted the situation accurately from the start. Why can't that be pointed out? 

A good example for you: being from Baltimore, there were many guys talking about how horrible Lamar Jackson would be in year 2. How he would never be a winning QB, how the formula wouldn't work, how he couldn't throw and would be injured by week 3. And there were others who thought patience was key and there was something to the kid and maybe, just maybe, he would make the leap.. Now all of the negative guys who said he sucked are "changing their minds" and literally lining up around the block to buy a Lamar Jackson jersey.. I'll let you guess where I stood.

So if we go on a run and make the tourney we can come back to make fun of you? I've never understood the people who have to point out they were "right" about something to make them feel good about themselves. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

So if we go on a run and make the tourney we can come back to make fun of you? I've never understood the people who have to point out they were "right" about something to make them feel good about themselves. 

Yes! feel free. I'll look really dumb and everyone can point it out.

You guys are taking this way too seriously. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Have to be able to make the tourney. KenPom projects us to win 7 games the rest of the year, the only one road game at Nebraska which seems doubtful considering the first time we played. That would put us at 18-13 (8-12) ((Kenpom projected record does not equal totals of W/L from above)). We also aren't heavy favorites in any of the remaining games except for Nebraska. So a 17-14 (7-13) or 16-15 (6-14) record is maybe more likely than the outcomes of 19-12 (9-11) or 20-11 (10-10)

image.png.e0e6f629fd5dc8f79046877d7a932d94.png

It's weird.  When Archie was hired some people voiced concerns, and some that were happy said that those people were idiots, they didn't understand basketball, etc.

Now that it appears those concerns were valid, those same name callers are still mocking the ones with concerns in the beginning.

I hoped those from the beginning would change their tune, but they're still mocking people.  Good grief.

25 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

You weren’t pointing anything out. You were trolling for this exact scenario, so good work there. Why else would you post what you did?

Yeah, I'm going on something happening to make us look different in the next 15 games then we have in the past 5. Shoot well against NW, get a lift on Saturday when Coach Knight shows up to upset OSU, find a to get a road win or wins at Nebraska, Rutgers. Find an identity to piggyback on for the rest of the season. I understand people on here want a new coach, but I'm not there yet. Maybe I'm too close to the program to see it but I do see the work being put in. 
That is where I am. This season is very salvageable just get these next couple games and we may be ok

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah, I'm going on something happening to make us look different in the next 15 games then we have in the past 5. Shoot well against NW, get a lift on Saturday when Coach Knight shows up to upset OSU, find a to get a road win or wins at Nebraska, Rutgers. Find an identity to piggyback on for the rest of the season. I understand people on here want a new coach, but I'm not there yet. Maybe I'm too close to the program to see it but I do see the work being put in. 

See I don’t want a new coach per se.  but I want a coach that when something isn’t working he grows. Archie has been unwilling or unable to do that. And if he isn’t then there’s only one way this thing ends 

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's weird.  When Archie was hired some people voiced concerns, and some that were happy said that those people were idiots, they didn't understand basketball, etc.

Now that it appears those concerns were valid, those same name callers are still mocking the ones with concerns in the beginning.

I hoped those from the beginning would change their tune, but they're still mocking people.  Good grief.

Who is mocking anyone? Someone is being called out for blatant trolling. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Who is mocking anyone? Someone is being called out for blatant trolling. 

Let me try again.  After Archie was hired, I said his offense looked too inept, I didn't think his gimmick would work here.  I thought he would not succeed.  I had many posters say I was an idiot and I don't understand basketball.  Many many posters.

Now that my prediction has come true, damn right I feel vindicated.  Damn right I'm going to mention it in order to give those posters some self reflection.  

Why is that wrong?

3 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

If he's doing something in private it isn't working.  Maybe cutting minutes in game will get through.

That only works when the guys off the bench come in ready to play and Hunter, Rob, Armaan, DD and Race have all played as poorly for the most part than the starters so Arch puts them back in. Especially in Green’s case since he’s the only guy on the team who can get his own shot. 

3 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

That only works when the guys off the bench come in ready to play and Hunter, Rob, Armaan, DD and Race have all played as poorly for the most part than the starters so Arch puts them back in. Especially in Green’s case since he’s the only guy on the team who can get his own shot. 

It’s less effectiveness you play the people who are doing what you ask.