Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

I’m starting to agree. This is a problem. Archie hasn’t found a way to win in the B1G. The question I have is what candidates should be looked at that are realistic?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The same problem's for 3 years, and they haven't been addressed.  Wasn't unusual for Miller's Dayton teams to struggle with shooting, so he clearly hasn't learned in that area.  At least his Dayton teams played hard, some of the players on this roster just quit and think effort is optional.

Same players making the same mistakes, but getting the same minutes.  Zero accountability.  There are problems, some are in the staff and some are in the administration.

If we really are being handcuffed by our administration, then it won’t matter who we bring in here. They won’t be able to recruit the talent needed to match our tremendous expectations and compete in the B1G, a perennial top 2 league in the nation.

I don’t think anyone is really being handcuffed. They have money to spend on recruiting. Yes getting grad transfers might be difficult but I’m starting to not even believe that as IU has gotten some of those in recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

If there is any coach at the mid major level, it’s Travis Steele. Stud recruiter. 

if I had my way, we’d bring back Kelvin Sampson. Please spare me the moral high horse arguments. I just want to ******* win. 

I'd rather have the Butler coach if you go mid major. I love the way they play and he recruits well too.

If you are bringing up Kelvin, why not look at Bruce Pearl. Wins everywhere he goes and recruits lots of 4* and 5* talent. Also, don't think he finishes his career at Auburn. 

12 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

You have to go higher up, to at least the AD and even the president and BOT. Archie would do better at a program with stronger institutional support.

What are you talking about? What’s McRobbie and Glass supposed to do to fix Archie’s inability to recruit in a well rounded fashion and coach offense?

Just now, KzooHoosier82 said:

What are you talking about? What’s McRobbie and Glass supposed to do to fix Archie’s inability to recruit in a well rounded fashion and coach offense?

Archie lacks the institutional support and flexibility to compete on an even playing field. He had to ask repeatedly for basic things when he took the job.

Just now, Iugradman said:

Archie lacks the institutional support and flexibility to compete on an even playing field. He had to ask repeatedly for basic things when he took the job.

Such as what? Making vague, blanket statements doesn’t prove your point. What is Matt Painter getting from his admin that Archie isnt? What is Chambers getting at Penn St? What’s going on at Ohio St that we need from an administration stand point?

23 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Not only is this abysmal basketball, but the program has zero flavor 

+1. It's boring, it's almost a chore watching, Archie has as much presence in pressers as a block of wood, no real fun culture around this team or the last couple of teams. 

But we are an academic institution, no need to have another volatile coach as our face, right? smh...