Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Just curious......

So this thing with Beilein.......  leaving my personal opinions out of it (ok maybe not, its stupid and blown out of proportion in this day and age that anything can be offensive to anyone but......) should it somehow cause him to be fired and knowing a new AD is coming in, in this hypothetical situation and should Beilein be available, should IU go after him regardless of our current situation.  He wanted the job before, would he want it now as he would need to land somewhere trying to save face (again hypothetically if he were to be fired).  Great coach at Michigan, good to great recruiter.  He's not going back to Michigan.

thoughts....

8 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Sorry for the long old friend type post without all the big words and inside knowledge. I am drinking and still mad about last night. We won though

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Well you are smarter than me then because I watched that train wreck stone cold sober!

Just curious......
So this thing with Beilein.......  leaving my personal opinions out of it (ok maybe not, its stupid and blown out of proportion in this day and age that anything can be offensive to anyone but......) should it somehow cause him to be fired and knowing a new AD is coming in, in this hypothetical situation and should Beilein be available, should IU go after him regardless of our current situation.  He wanted the job before, would he want it now as he would need to land somewhere trying to save face (again hypothetically if he were to be fired).  Great coach at Michigan, good to great recruiter.  He's not going back to Michigan.
thoughts....

I like Belein, think he would be great for the program if he were younger. I think the NBA is his last gig, still wants to coach but doesn’t want to mess with recruiting and all the college game requires and then retire for good. That being said to answer your question, I don’t know if he would be the answer at this point. His overall conference record is 57% with his first four seasons 5-13, 9-9, 7-11,9-9.

Belein is a system guy. He has said it took him time to build his culture and system. If he came here maybe he’d do better than that from the get go, but it’s not like he’s taking over a great team. Would we give him time to do his thing?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Sorry for the long old friend type post without all the big words and inside knowledge. I am drinking and still mad about last night. We won though

I actually use paragraphs.   Why take personal shots when I'm not even involved in the discussion?

Just curious......

thoughts....

First off I am confused how his team felt he was calling them thugs. He said he ment slugs cause they were slow. He had to say something around that word that one could draw the conclusion of what he was meaning. No I wouldn't want beilein he is old and depending how this turns out damaged goods. I however do believe he ment slugs unless his team was stabbing the opponent or taking cheap shots. PC world

1 hour ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Just curious......

thoughts....

3 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Sorry didn't mean anything personal other than your posts are long and better written than mine. I admire your work as you methodically destroy people with your long well thought out posts. like you are probably preparing to do to me lol 

Nah.  I thought you were taking a shot.  Just wondered why because I hadn't even been involved.  I'd get way too...verbose and exacerbate an already existing problem.  "Long" is not what a writer should be known for.    I do like "methodical" however.   

Thank you for the kind words.  Have a terrific evening and weekend!

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Nah.  I thought you were taking a shot.  Just wondered why because I hadn't even been involved.  I'd get way too...verbose and exacerbate an already existing problem.  "Long" is not what a writer should be known for.    I do like "methodical" however.   

Thank you for the kind words.  Have a terrific evening and weekend!

I usually stay out of this but sometimes your skin is thinner than an onion. You really thought he was taking a shot?

How does being right make me look foolish? There WERE a lot of Archie fanboys who are now turning on him and acting like they didn't praise the move when it happened. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out. Although if you're one of the fanboys, I could see how it would be embarrassing.  
Also, in my opinion, things started going south in the off season when nothing was done to address this team's painfully obvious shooting woes. 

Doesn’t bother me not one bit saying that I was a is my lover (like I seriously love him so much). Now I have completely turned on Archie. He’s lost me, completely! Not a bit embarrassing for me. Hell, I don’t mind a bit admitting that I was wrong

Doesn’t bother me not one bit saying that I was a is my lover (like I seriously love him so much). Now I have completely turned on Archie. He’s lost me, completely! Not a bit embarrassing for me. Hell, I don’t mind a bit admitting that I was wrong

Why would you? I still think archie can be good I am not completely throwing the towel in. The end of the day were all just guessing or giving opinions. The people in charge are responsible but they know as much as us. Look at the NBA NFL they hire coaches all the time that suck. 300 plus d1 teams and there probably 20 coaches our fanbase would be ok with. It's a complicated deal

Why would you? I still think archie can be good I am not completely throwing the towel in. The end of the day were all just guessing or giving opinions. The people in charge are responsible but they know as much as us. Look at the NBA NFL they hire coaches all the time that suck. 300 plus d1 teams and there probably 20 coaches our fanbase would be ok with. It's a complicated deal

NBA and NFL teams always make the mistake of just hiring a coach that failed somewhere else. Really doesn’t make sense to me.

Really enjoy this Mile Roberts vid for this thread. I noticed a few times during the second half just how pissed he was. That vid is great. I am hoping no one adds any more pictures to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, DChoosier said:

I usually stay out of this but sometimes your skin is thinner than an onion. You really thought he was taking a shot?

Do you mean "than that of an onion" or an actual onion?  Look, man.  When people start referencing you when you're not involved in a discussion; you can speak to this.  Until then, you can't, and it won't happen at all unless you write things from time to time that don't follow every paradigm or politically correct social formula.  Over the course of time, it's happened to me plenty; and there was an entire thread about me on another board a few years ago because I called out some jackass who decided he'd give out my personal information, take his ball, go somewhere else, and badmouth me to anyone who'd listen.   All because I asked him once if it was his time of the month.   You haven't seen ANYthing "thin skinned" unless you know that guy.  

It's not the first time and likely won't be the last it's happened to me.  And guess what?  Most of the time, it's been someone taking a shot..so I asked the guy a question and we cleared it up.   Why did you choose now to stick your nose in it?  

On 1/8/2020 at 9:06 PM, Josh said:

Yours was too, no?  Except mine had facts

This   He could have had McKinley Wright and Nahziah Carter   is a "fact?"   Even if that was possible (not a definite which would be the only way it was "fact"), you're using hindsight and also trying to sell your "fact" as a negative toward Archie.  

Good luck making a convincing argument using that as whatever your loose definition is.  If that makes you feel better, go for it.  But...then  look up their numbers and use REAL "facts."   I assume you meant getting those two instead of Smith and Durham would have been a good thing, right?  That's what you were implying?  Or just that he didn't recruit those two and instead asked the two (well, 3 if you count Moore) kids to stick with their commitments?  Not exactly truth to say Archie "recruited" them.   He did not.

Here's a REAL fact for you : Over their careers, Smith's are better than Carter's.   Across the board.  And Smith's SOS is way better...he plays against better teams.   Durham's SOS is also much higher than Wright's is, so even if Wright's numbers are better, what does that really prove against a worse schedule (by far) 3 years in a row?    

So.....what's really your point other than to argue (this is a sport for me...go for it)?   That Archie made a mistake by taking one player who's about not quite as good from a numbers perspective and another who's better?   (That would make it a wash, wouldn't it?  Why not convince the kids who already committed to stay rather than tell them to pound sand just so you can bring in different but not necessarily better kids?)   Or perhaps you think it's another "fact" that those kids would have done better at IU than Durham and Smith?  Your smugness is noted as usual, but do yourself a favor and do your homework before you try a sell job like this one.  I'm not buying; and anyone who looks up the numbers won't either.   I'll do this one for you:      https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/mckinley-wrightiv-1.html                       https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/aljami-durham-1.html                https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/nahziah-carter-1.html            https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/justin-smith-3.html

This   He could have had McKinley Wright and Nahziah Carter   is a "fact?"   Even if that was possible (not a definite which would be the only way it was "fact"), you're using hindsight and also trying to sell your "fact" as a negative toward Archie.  
Good luck making a convincing argument using that as whatever your loose definition is.  If that makes you feel better, go for it.  But...then  look up their numbers and use REAL "facts."   I assume you meant getting those two instead of Smith and Durham would have been a good thing, right?  That's what you were implying?  Or just that he didn't recruit those two and instead asked the two (well, 3 if you count Moore) kids to stick with their commitments?  Not exactly truth to say Archie "recruited" them.   He did not.
Here's a REAL fact for you : Over their careers, Smith's are better than Carter's.   Across the board.  And Smith's SOS is way better...he plays against better teams.   Durham's SOS is also much higher than Wright's is, so even if Wright's numbers are better, what does that really prove against a worse schedule (by far) 3 years in a row?    
So.....what's really your point other than to argue (this is a sport for me...go for it)?   That Archie made a mistake by taking one player who's about not quite as good from a numbers perspective and another who's better?   (That would make it a wash, wouldn't it?  Why not convince the kids who already committed to stay rather than tell them to pound sand just so you can bring in different but not necessarily better kids?)   Or perhaps you think it's another "fact" that those kids would have done better at IU than Durham and Smith?  Your smugness is noted as usual, but do yourself a favor and do your homework before you try a sell job like this one.  I'm not buying; and anyone who looks up the numbers won't either.   I'll do this one for you:      https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/mckinley-wrightiv-1.html                       https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/aljami-durham-1.html                https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/nahziah-carter-1.html            https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/justin-smith-3.html

Durham hasn’t been good against the better teams we’ve played this season though. He’s been almost non existent.