Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Alright, 19 pages is enough for now. The verdict is still out, some have doubts, some don’t. He isn’t getting fired this year IMO, even if the wheels fall off, and he will be on the hot seat if they do. I still have hope that Archie is the guy, and darn it I really want him to be. 

Let’s regroup and get this ship back on track. One of my 2020 resolutions is to be more positive, so no better place to start than here! This team has shown it can be competitive and beat good teams (FSU is darn good). Let’s handle Northwestern and beat a really good Ohio State Team Saturday. 

I found the interview with Justin very interesting. He was named IU's male athletic scholar of the month. Guess he's close to making the Dean's List. He was wearing glasses -- looked very studious. 

I'm paraphrasing here ... 
Fisch: Do you like to play video games? Justin: No. That's not my thing. Pretty much everybody except Al and I play 'em. 
Fisch: What do you like to do? Justin: Nothing. We're pretty busy during the week, so I just like to take a step back. 
Fisch: Do you have a girfriend yet? Justin: Nah. Not yet. 

Seems like a really quiet and introspective kid. Maybe even a bit shy ... And seems to be very serious about his education. 

I figured it was well known how intelligent of a kid he was. He’s the same with basketball but it’s hard to show it within this system. He’s going to make a lot of money one day with or without basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Anybody watching Archie tonight on his show?

I actually got the impression that Archie “gets it” from his comments on the show. People probably need to chill on the accountability complaints, as Archie seems like the type of coach who gets on his players in private and has their back in public. What worries me is, for whatever reason, he’s not getting results out of this team. Hopefully that will change,...something needs to

I actually got the impression that Archie “gets it” from his comments on the show. People probably need to chill on the accountability complaints, as Archie seems like the type of coach who gets on his players in private and has their back in public. What worries me is, for whatever reason, he’s not getting results out of this team. Hopefully that will change,...something needs to

Yea he totally has a clue. Probably why he thought a few 50/50 balls really changed the Maryland game. That’s why they got down by 30.

And if he held anyone accountable ever, players would be sitting on the bench. The only one has been Al because the ref told him to leave.

If he goes to bat for them they need to show respect by not making him look like an @$$

52 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea he totally has a clue. Probably why he thought a few 50/50 balls really changed the Maryland game. That’s why they got down by 30.

Stop repeating the same tired crap over and over.

Now.

I say, let’s pull the trigger now and let Mike Roberts finish out the season. Hell, maybe even let him coach next season as well bc it won’t matter who we hire for next season anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Example # infinity.
Stop repeatedly restating the exact same severe negativity.
We get it, and I’m ******* tired of it.

We are in a fire someone thread. Everything is going to be negative. The title alone is negative. So that doesn’t make any sense?

8 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

If he's doing something in private it isn't working.  Maybe cutting minutes in game will get through.

I'm frustrated too, but this thread needs to wait until the end of the season to be started.  There's still plenty of time left to get things going in the right direction, and they're not honestly not terrible right now anyway.
We should take care of NW and have a puncher's chance against Ohio State and suddenly things are looking up again.

I agree. However, it’s hard to think with NO improvement, from week to week, that the end of the season result is clearly in view now.
I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I found the interview with Justin very interesting. He was named IU's male athletic scholar of the month. Guess he's close to making the Dean's List. He was wearing glasses -- looked very studious. 

I'm paraphrasing here ... 

Fisch: Do you like to play video games? Justin: No. That's not my thing. Pretty much everybody except Al and I play 'em. 
Fisch: What do you like to do? Justin: Nothing. We're pretty busy during the week, so I just like to take a step back. 
Fisch: Do you have a girfriend yet? Justin: Nah. Not yet. 

Seems like a really quiet and introspective kid. Maybe even a bit shy ... And seems to be very serious about his education. 

Yes, I believe he's been all academic Big Ten the last couple of seasons. I think he will graduate in May and could possibly be a grad transfer next season. 

"Well, thats completely divorced from reality. Incredible statement from a guy whose teams have, literally year after year, posted the worst 3-point shooting figures in program history". Mike Miller responding to Archie's statement that the shooting issues were correctable.

13 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

"Well, thats completely divorced from reality. Incredible statement from a guy whose teams have, literally year after year, posted the worst 3-point shooting figures in program history". Mike Miller responding to Archie's statement that the shooting issues were correctable.

Technically he’s not wrong. But probably not by this staff