Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Such as what? Making vague, blanket statements doesn’t prove your point. What is Matt Painter getting from his admin that Archie isnt? What is Chambers getting at Penn St? What’s going on at Ohio St that we need from an administration stand point?

Players’ lounge, post practice meals, adequate student athlete housing- basic stuff that any program not run by morons would have.

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

Players’ lounge, post practice meals, adequate student athlete housing- basic stuff that any program not run by morons would have.

Well IU literally has all of that. Even the football team has their own players lounge. You just don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Well IU literally has all of that. Even the football team has their own players lounge. You just don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Yes, Archie had to ask for it. Should have been built years ago. Coaches wouldn’t even show recruits the locker room on their official visits.

https://indianahq.com/iu-basketball-full-walkthrough-of-indiana-hoosiers-apartments-pictures/

In case anyone wants to see the slums half our team has to endure along with their brand new locker room and lounge donated by Zeller and VO. But what will they eat with a full meal plan and cash stipend???

I am obviously on board the fire Archie train. The next coach? I don't want a saint, a good talker, or any other non-essential quality to coaching guy. I want a basketball coach that will do anything it takes to win

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just have to shake my head in disbelief. I truly believed Archie was a great hire based on his inside/out recruiting and touting defense and toughness. Soooo, why aren't we seeing things beyond getting Indiana guys to commit?

Obviously it's lack of player development.

I hope whoever ends up being the new AD gets an earful and we end up getting a coach who can actually do the job and not make empty promises. 

Edited by Bgaines99
verbiage

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Yes, Archie had to ask for it. Should have been built years ago. Coaches wouldn’t even show recruits the locker room on their official visits.

Again, what does everyone else have from their school’s administration that our team doesn’t currently have? The answer is nothing. The issues on this team is Archie’s inability to effectively win over Crean’s players and get them to buy in and massive holes in recruiting. His system doesn’t work playing freshmen who are still trying to learn to play at this level and one and dones like Romeo. It will only work when he has a stocked roster full of upper classmen who out work their opponents 

If we really are being handcuffed by our administration, then it won’t matter who we bring in here. They won’t be able to recruit the talent needed to match our tremendous expectations and compete in the B1G, a perennial top 2 league in the nation.

This is so not true. Will we be able to offer duffle bags of cash to grandma like some programs... maybe not but I don’t think Michigan basketball, Purdue basketball, Wisconsin basketball do and they have all been in the elite 8, final 4, championship game in recent years.

This is not on the administration at this point. Archie is here and has had 2.5 years to get this looking like a competitive team and it isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Again, what does everyone else have from their school’s administration that our team doesn’t currently have? The answer is nothing. The issues on this team is Archie’s inability to effectively win over Crean’s players and get them to buy in and massive holes in recruiting. His system doesn’t work playing freshmen who are still trying to learn to play at this level and one and dones like Romeo. It will only work when he has a stocked roster full of upper classmen who out work their opponents 

Aren’t there only 2 Crean players left at this point or are we still including Smith and Durham?

Waiting for a team full of Jr’s  and Sr’s doesn’t sound very appealing either.

44 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

The 2018 class is turning into the (Bowel) Movement 2.0. Going into this game the four remaining players (including Thompson) have scored a total of 207 points this season. I don't care if there have been injuries, not a single one is scoring more than 8 ppg. 

I was very high on Archie when he was hired and really liked what I saw from him in year one with regards to ball movement, emphasizing defense, and off-ball screens for shooters. The offensive sets have not only not improved, but have clearly regressed, and he has failed to bring in any semblance of a quality shooter.

He'll get through this year in all likelihood since Glass is retiring in May and a new AD isn't (likely) going to fire a coach in late spring/early summer. However, given how weak Archie's foundational class is turning into, there isn't going to be much to work with next year. Guy better bring in some quality transfers at guard/the wing who can contribute immediately or he will definitely be shown the door after next season. Not only is this abysmal basketball, but the program has zero flavor 

Thank you for saying the program has zero flavor. Been saying this for some time. Compared to the other programs who are winning on the court and on the trail,  those making brand decisions compare to when your grandma tries to buy you clothes. Just not in tune with what’s cool and exciting. The people who fight this and act like it doesn’t matter frustrate me. It absolutely does. Our tradition and dusty banners aren’t quite the draw we think they are. Time to get cool. 

2 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Listen, I'm not saying Glass and Mcrobbie haven't hindered the program...but most people complaining have serious issues with Archie's coaching, inability to build a roster, etc. Glass and Mcrobbie aren't coaching, recruiting and developing the players. That is solely on Archie.

The admin's direct problem is with not getting to recruit grad transfers as athletes cuz they're put into the general population as far as academics and with compliance not allowing the program to veer into any gray areas of the NCAA rules (bwa ha ha) i.e. things that aren't obvious like throwing cash/cars/houses at recruits or their families. Otherwise, I haven't the last year or two of recruiting budgets but from 2013-17, IU had the highest budget in the B1G. Don't know if that was set back a little since Tommy Boy wanted to jet set across the country finding diamond in the very rough recruits to fill the bench rather than guys who were plenty fine within a car drive of campus.