Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

4 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

...and it would be a smart investment, even if perhaps a bit unrealistic,  for the administration/search committee to pick an AD who already has a super solid existing relationship with the potential desired next candidate. Someone who is super confident the new AD chosen will have their back and who can be strongly influenced by them to go to IU. Either men’s basketball is where IU athletics is willing to show it will plant it’s flag, or not. If folks think not/argue otherwise, then what are we all doing on here?  With a new AD hire, there is a unique opportunity to re-cast program influence and perception - and set either Archie or the next guy up success. Will the opportunity be squandered with a middle of the road politically correct hire? 

Along those lines, Scott Dolson was a manager on the 87 championship team, still pretty good friends with some players including Alford. Would he lean that way?

Reynolds played for Knight, would he lean that way by bringing someone with Indiana ties back?

Kraft hired a coach at Temple but don't know his stance on basketball or his connections. 

3 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

You better believe if this team makes it at 20-11 that will be the argument. “This team didn’t deserve it because they played cupcakes.” And the ncaa birth won’t count in their minds.

Never mind the fact that the big ten is the deepest it has ever been.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If we get to 20-11 that will be 10-10 in conference and include likely 5 or 6 more quad 1 wins and a really solid NET ranking. We'd be a solid 8 to 10 seed but not really on the bubble. Anyone who chooses to focus on the cupcakes we played at that point falls in to the portion of our fanbase that seriously needs to pick up yoga. 

And none of it was true

Ha, Josh I am heading down to Cape Coral in July and I would be more than happy to discuss on my way through further if you want. Like I have no legit problem going 20 minutes out of my way to talk. I would even give you dates if you want. Since I would only be 2 hours out I give you a week window if you want.

21 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

If we get to 20-11 that will be 10-10 in conference and include likely 5 or 6 more quad 1 wins and a really solid NET ranking. We'd be a solid 8 to 10 seed but not really on the bubble. Anyone who chooses to focus on the cupcakes we played at that point falls in to the portion of our fanbase that seriously needs to pick up yoga. 

Ok.  Show me 10 conference wins.  

33 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Along those lines, Scott Dolson was a manager on the 87 championship team, still pretty good friends with some players including Alford. Would he lean that way?

Reynolds played for Knight, would he lean that way by bringing someone with Indiana ties back?

Kraft hired a coach at Temple but don't know his stance on basketball or his connections. 

I ‘like’ all 3! Reynolds is a solid guy, earned his way up on his own outside of IU and was in my class. Super smart, responsible dude with broad perspective. Kraft sounds like he can make/create momentum and gets it. Dolson is an insider and would make existing coaches and administrators comfortable. 

I don’t believe in Alford, and am not certain it should be an IU guy - ideally Archie works out. This is business decision - you need someone who everyone looks at and thinks ‘oh, IU is looking to win’.  

Bama did it w Greg Byrne. Jurich at ville, bubba at UNC. I know those are all cheating schools - and that isn’t meant to be my shadow argument - that we need someone who will help the staff cheat. Nevertheless, needs to be someone who will aggressively fight for the b-ball coach and program and winning - not just holding the house down and trying hard. Not certain any of our 3 likes are ‘that guy’.

There will always be some who complain but most of those on BtownBanners agree that the team needs to make the tournament this year. If you have ever drawn tend lines then right now every loss moves that tend line to not making the tournament. Hopefully as the year goes on we have several more quad 1 wins and that trend line becomes more definitive.

But for the time being there is some doubt.

Geez ... in one hour you guys went from mortal enemies to vacationing together.
Get a room

Hey man, I have seen pics of him. If he can say to my face what he wants to say I would be cool with him. I legit go down to Cape Coral twice a year so I have no problems stopping in to say hey. Plus I need to go out with Nips fishing. Who doesn’t enjoy Gulf fishing?

17 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Ok.  Show me 10 conference wins.  

I'm not saying we will. But that wasn't the point of the post I was responding to. Just playing that scenario out. I personally think 10 conference wins are very hard to find right now. But if we do find them. We are in comfortably.

He's never been an enemy of mine.  I'm not sure what happened today.  I'm so confused...

Nobody on here should be enemies lol. We are only sharing our meaningless opinions on a team we all want to succeed. If we all had the same thoughts this place would be boring and why people take offense to somebody else's thoughts is beyond my comprehension. The most controversial posters to the level headed all are interesting to read.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Hey man, I have seen pics of him. If he can say to my face what he wants to say I would be cool with him. I legit go down to Cape Coral twice a year so I have no problems stopping in to say hey. Plus I need to go out with Nips fishing. Who doesn’t enjoy Gulf fishing?

If u ask me, cocktails with Nips could solve many of the world’s problems