Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Just now, Chris007 said:

And his roommate isn't much better from what I'm told. Just a failure as a class altogether. As I asked why play them? Only answer I got was the staff feels like they have too. I said do they realize they're going to be looking for a job if they continue. No answer. 

This is my feeling as well. Beyond me why that player still sees the floor. 

My biggest gripe with Archie, and i think most fans, is his unwillingness to hold players accountable for play on the court. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

And his roommate isn't much better from what I'm told. Just a failure as a class altogether. As I asked why play them? Only answer I got was the staff feels like they have too. I said do they realize they're going to be looking for a job if they continue. No answer. 

Honestly if they had dismissed the problem children after the northwestern game I think it would have bought them a pass on the season from casual fans. 

At least they did something would be the refrain.  Not doing anything has been what has stoked the fires.  

Hmm so two members of the same class that have been here at least two years. Oh who could they be lol.  

Is one of these people a captain?  Omg if Archie let that happen that’s terrible. 

I remember most fans excited, me included, that Archie was able to keep the 2017 class together as well as a majority of the team when he was hired. Most saw that it wouldn't be as big of a rebuild. 

Well it doesn't seem that any of those players have bought in and it has done more harm than good. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Honestly if they had dismissed the problem children after the northwestern game I think it would have bought them a pass on the season from casual fans. 

At least they did something would be the refrain.  Not doing anything has been what has stoked the fires.  

Hmm so two members of the same class that have been here at least two years. Oh who could they be lol.  

Is one of these people a captain?  Omg if Archie let that happen that’s terrible. 

I agree about giving him a pass if he would have done something. Don Fisher has said a couple of times that Archie is not allowed to dismiss someone from the team unless it's for something extreme. That's why I asked about benching. 

Yes, one is a captain, but from what I understand he just started acting this way this season. I was told he's minor compared to the other. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I agree about giving him a pass if he would have done something. Don Fisher has said a couple of times that Archie is not allowed to dismiss someone from the team unless it's for something extreme. That's why I asked about benching. 

Yes, one is a captain, but from what I understand he just started acting this way this season. I was told he's minor compared to the other. 

Is that dismissal policy due to the term Creaning being coined because of Creans tendencies?

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He just had an assistant get arrested by the FBI for cheating. I don't think IU will touch him. I do think he can coach though but you better wash your hands twice after shaking his hands. 

And make sure you still have your watch and ring!

I guess you can take that “they have to” comment 2 ways. The first builds on the “handcuffed” theory and someone or some group is forcing the staff to play them. The second way to view that comment is that the staff feels they need to play them to have a chance to win.

If the first you wonder if the admin made promises to those kids families for them to stay.

If the latter, the staff would have far more support had they booted those kids even if that meant more losses

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

My issue is that you are starting the guy every game and he rarely comes out. To me, you are telling the rest of the team that this is the type of player you need to be to be successful here. Meanwhile, the guy looks disinterested 90% of the time. That's a bad precedent to set.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That player is a senior so guaranteed to be gone.  My #1 guess is Smith and my distant #2 guess is Durham.

From what I understand #1 is a major problem, #2 is a minor problem. I said what about Green? I was told he might be off the court but he works his behind off in practice, he's just very inconsistent. 

It must have been a weak "a$$" offer, in Will Wade speak, if Adidas funded Romeo's AAU team, got him to an Adidas school, for Romeo to go running to Nike as soon as he gets to the league.

Possibly, but more likely adidas didn’t want to keep funding what was turning out to be not a superstar. Shoe companies don’t just lock a kid in and he is theirs for life. There are different stages where they need to decide if the juice is still worth the squeeze and in Romeos case, he has spent more time in the G league than NBA so I don’t blame them for not wanting to re-up

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Are we really going to pin this disaster on a couple of players that play the bulk of the minutes.

This is ridiculous. Yes, these players aren’t very good. Yes, Smith drives me nuts with everything he does.

We have 11 or 10 other roster spots to deal with. I don’t care if he is a cancer or not. He probably wants to win and doesn’t like what Archie is doing.

What else can Archie do but blame the players? And how convenient is it he can blame a few he didn’t recruit.

This doesn’t build or inspire my hope one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners