Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's really unfortunate for us that the season doesn't end today, tbh. We've lost 5 of the last 6 and have been free falling out of the tournament picture that we're only still in because we were 15-4 at one point with some good wins.

Think about this. Not only were we 15-4 but we were 15-4 and up 7 points on Maryland with 2:30 to go. Close that out and it’s 16-4, 6-3 in conference coming off of a week beating MSU and Maryland with other wins against OSU and FSU. There would have been a number beside our name that next week. 

Not that one single basket in that game would have changed the outcome, effort, or anything else of the games we’ve played since. At the time I remember thinking how miserable it would be if that game came back to haunt us. I also didn’t think it would happen. Now, I’m more confident that one single basket we needed will be the difference between in and out. (Yeah, yeah I know we’ve blown tons of opportunities and if it really comes down to that game we don’t deserve to be in and all that...)

19 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think Bruce Pearl would be a legitimate target in terms of reality and I think he would win big and as you noted, bring a level of excitement back to Indiana that hasn’t been here since Yogis senior year and really Zeller and Oladipos final year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope you know somebody lol. They need Bruce. We need Bruce. 

Guy I coach with played for Bruce Pearl at USI. I tell him all the time to text Bruce and tell him IU wants him. Dude has been a winner wherever he's been (USI, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Tennessee, Auburn). He got busted for something stupid at Tennessee like Sampson did at IU. I think Bruce would get students to come to our games. He'd get people excited about IU basketball. His teams play a fast paced fun style. I think he could get any recruit he would want. In my fairytale dream head coach list, he's in my top 3. 

That USI National Championship game was great!

Yeah my friend talks about it all the time. The year before they were Runner-Ups too. 25 years later USI is still a force. Talk about leaving a legacy. 

Wow! Didn’t realize they were runners’ up the prior year. When they won the championship, they were behind double digits IIRC and made a tremendous comeback to win the championship.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe IU’s administration would bring in Bruce Pearl. A program is only as good as the administration and IMHO, IU’s is subpar for Basketball and Football. Especially Basketball.

I'm all aboard the Pearl train too.  He'd kill it at Indiana, and the rest of the B1G would be terrified of an operate-in-the-gray coach like Pearl at IU.  That's why they were afraid of Sampson.  Good coach plus they knew he'd operate in the gray.

A mod on another site has a few good Pearl stories though.  Makes me think he'd never be a fit here.  There's a 100% chance Auburn is paying players right now.

I'm all aboard the Pearl train too.  He'd kill it at Indiana, and the rest of the B1G would be terrified of an operate-in-the-gray coach like Pearl at IU.  That's why they were afraid of Sampson.  Good coach plus they knew he'd operate in the gray.
A mod on another site has a few good Pearl stories though.  Makes me think he'd never be a fit here.  There's a 100% chance Auburn is paying players right now.

Will Archie be able to operate in the Grey once Cool Dad goes away?

Will Archie be able to operate in the Grey once Cool Dad goes away?

He already does, romeo Langford was a shoe man from jump. No way IU gets that done without Adidas.

Secondly, if Archie can not figure out how to do it on the DL like everyone else than he’s just not good at it.

No way Glass or McRobbie should know anything like that. It’s not like he goes to them and asks and they say no

Funny how many people peg Romeo as a shoe guy and that it was adidas that brought him here. Seems like a total waste of money for adidas since Romeo has worn nothing but Nike in the league so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, not every investment pans out. However, you are just looking at this from an NBA standpoint, he already repped adidas in college and at his announcement, AAU etc

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

Yeah, not every investment pans out. However, you are just looking at this from an NBA standpoint, he already repped adidas in college and at his announcement, AAU etc

It must have been a weak "a$$" offer, in Will Wade speak, if Adidas funded Romeo's AAU team, got him to an Adidas school, for Romeo to go running to Nike as soon as he gets to the league.

12 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Guy I coach with played for Bruce Pearl at USI. I tell him all the time to text Bruce and tell him IU wants him. Dude has been a winner wherever he's been (USI, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Tennessee, Auburn). He got busted for something stupid at Tennessee like Sampson did at IU. I think Bruce would get students to come to our games. He'd get people excited about IU basketball. His teams play a fast paced fun style. I think he could get any recruit he would want. In my fairytale dream head coach list, he's in my top 3. 

He just had an assistant get arrested by the FBI for cheating. I don't think IU will touch him. I do think he can coach though but you better wash your hands twice after shaking his hands. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Coach Schilling told me last season that there was one player who disrupted practice, was not a locker room guy, not a team guy last season. I really thought we would make him transfer this season. I spoke to someone tonight, who said the exact same things about the same player this season. Talking about how they are always the problem at practice. If this player is on the team next season Archie will be looking for another job for sure. 

I'm guessing it's the same guy that starts every game and rarely sees the bench.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Coach Schilling told me last season that there was one player who disrupted practice, was not a locker room guy, not a team guy last season. I really thought we would make him transfer this season. I spoke to someone tonight, who said the exact same things about the same player this season. Talking about how they are always the problem at practice. If this player is on the team next season Archie will be looking for another job for sure. 

I hope it’s the player that has been taken out of rotation at least. Otherwise WTF Archie.