Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

IU basketball is no longer appointment television for me, and there's no way I can be the only one.  I think the last game I watched was the Maryland game.

Zero chance I would ever go out of my way to watch us in a road game.  I already know the result: we lose by double digits and I get very angry in the process.

Just a sad state of reality here.  Holding out hope we still make the tournament, but can 18 wins get us in?  Probably not.

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

I truly think iu at this point should be all aboard firing him. Its really hard to see a future for him right now. I think they will wait and watch how this season plays out but if it goes how some of us fear it will look ugly when it is all said and done

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He'll have next year at a minimum, this is IU after all.  Miss the tournament this year and his seat should be on fire but wouldn't surprise me in the least if it wasn't.

Remember, they waited until everyone with half a brain knew Crean was in over his head to finally kick him to the curb.

If I were Archie Miller and we miss the tournament this season, I’m no doubt lining up a soft landing spot. He has nothing coming in, as far as immediate help in areas of need and next year we could very possibly miss playing in the tournament again. That’s not going to be easy on him and his family. There are few places in the country that can be as nasty and vitriolic as Bloomington during a long stretch of bad basketball. He’s not cut out for this gig. He has to be having questions run through his head. He’s failing badly. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

There are few places in the country that can be as nasty and vitriolic as Bloomington during a long stretch of bad basketball. 

There’s no doubt about this. I had an extended family member (who isn’t an IU fan and doesn’t have much of an idea about how the Bloomington community feels about IU basketball in general) ask me if they’ve started putting for sale signs in Archie’s yard yet this weekend. 

IU basketball is no longer appointment television for me, and there's no way I can be the only one.  I think the last game I watched was the Maryland game.
Zero chance I would ever go out of my way to watch us in a road game.  I already know the result: we lose by double digits and I get very angry in the process.
Just a sad state of reality here.  Holding out hope we still make the tournament, but can 18 wins get us in?  Probably not.

Right there with ya Alaska. Spectrum took BTN off my cable package and sad to say, I really don't miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Offense and defense is inadequate. Coaching staff is not making proper adjustments. Substitutions are horrendous. If there is a cancer on the team, it’s only a small part of the problem imo. Start Deron Davis next game. Brunk off the bench. Prediction is we miss the tournament and Archie is here for one more season. I want to like him, but my basketball IQ won’t let me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There’s no doubt about this. I had an extended family member (who isn’t an IU fan and doesn’t have much of an idea about how the Bloomington community feels about IU basketball in general) ask me if they’ve started putting for sale signs in Archie’s yard yet this weekend. 

Have they started putting for sale signs in Archie’s yard yet?

40 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

He'll have next year at a minimum, this is IU after all.  Miss the tournament this year and his seat should be on fire but wouldn't surprise me in the least if it wasn't.

Remember, they waited until everyone with half a brain knew Crean was in over his head to finally kick him to the curb.

He gets next year for sure because of the AD change.  The new guy or gal will have a big decision to make.

When I speak about IU bball to people here in this crap state of Illinois,  they see passion like they haven't seen before.  They look at me when I'm talking like a deer in headlights.  THAT is why this is so hard for us IU fans.  It's a deep love for the game and program that people will just never understand.  When you care about something,  emotions tend to run high.  Unfortunately it seems we care more than the players, coaches and university as a whole.  

It worked because we went 11-21 from 3. Of course the offense looks good when you're shooting over 50% from deep, but that goes against your argument that we don't need the shooters. When the 3s aren't falling our offense struggles.

Well sure it helps. But if the 3’s aren’t falling, you need to get into the paint with your guards. The offense that Archie runs, doesn’t allow driving lanes for guards. It literally stops it. That wasn’t the case against Iowa. Iowa’s defense sucks, but the offense looked different with Brunk out.

35 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Beilein and Cavs discussing Beilein stepping down as head coach as he struggles to make the transition to NBA basketball.

Should have never left Michigan. He just wasn't a fit for the NBA. Certain guys are. I remember in 2007 Izzo was rumored for the Cavs job. I laughed at that idea. If this is true, sign me up too. He will be coaching somewhere next year. I don't care if he is 67. He could coach a good 5 years and get this program back on track. Coach K and Roy have won in their late 60s.

Should have never left Michigan. He just wasn't a fit for the NBA. Certain guys are. I remember in 2007 Izzo was rumored for the Cavs job. I laughed at that idea. If this is true, sign me up too. He will be coaching somewhere next year. I don't care if he is 67. He could coach a good 5 years and get this program back on track. Coach K and Roy have won in their late 60s.

If Beilein does leave the Cavs and wants to coach college ball for 5-10 years you HAVE to reach out to him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners