Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Archie bashing is allowed; in fact, we’ve even set up a thread for just that purpose.

The ‘gif-sigh’ is because ya need to just. move. on. (now and then)

I was just looking for clarity.  Why some posters are allowed to cuss posters out, but others aren't allowed to respond in kind.  I figured it was because of my thoughts on our coach.  If it's for a different reason, I'll be forever confused.  The groupthink on this board is strong and angry.

I was just looking for clarity.  Why some posters are allowed to cuss posters out, but others aren't allowed to respond in kind.  I figured it was because of my thoughts on our coach.  If it's for a different reason, I'll be forever confused.  The groupthink on this board is strong and angry.

You might be looking for clarity but you only see what you want. I’ve personally hidden plenty of other peoples post for who have called out other posters. Can’t speak for anyone else. Also I’ve been known in the past to hide some posters post after clearly a night of drinking where they go on a cussing rampage about a coach and instead of warning them or giving them a mini vacation I just hid it and moved on

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Some people are awarded more rope than others. Simple as that. That's life bub. Moderating is not black/white. The more you complain about it... The shorter it gets... If I were still a mod anyway. Lol 

The unequal treatment of unequals.  So is life.

This place is still pretty good...it can go south quickly and the good posters leave...trust me.  Treat others with respect and post reasonably.  Differing but reasonable views create the best environment.

Archie can still somehow right this ship. If he gets the team to the tournament, he’s obviously going to be here next season. I still want him to succeed. IU has to show me a lot to end this season though. They’re fully capable of winning every game. Just have to go out there and play to win. Today at Michigan is going to tell us the mindset of this team. Archie needs to have them prepared

44 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Archie can still somehow right this ship. If he gets the team to the tournament, he’s obviously going to be here next season. I still want him to succeed. IU has to show me a lot to end this season though. They’re fully capable of winning every game. Just have to go out there and play to win. Today at Michigan is going to tell us the mindset of this team. Archie needs to have them prepared

Archie literally just needs 3 consistent shooters to have this program where it needs to be.

Archie literally just needs 3 consistent shooters to have this program where it needs to be.

This would help a ton but we have other problems that needed fixing before we take any huge steps.

If we don’t go out and land one of the top available grad transfer sharp shooters than I will be even more confused than I was last year when we didn’t go out and get it

1 hour ago, CS2 said:

This place is still pretty good...it can go south quickly and the good posters leave...trust me.  Treat others with respect and post reasonably.  Differing but reasonable views create the best environment.

Better than most. Just one guy here the mods have refused to do anything about for years. Other than that pretty good.

This would help a ton but we have other problems that needed fixing before we take any huge steps.

If we don’t go out and land one of the top available grad transfer sharp shooters than I will be even more confused than I was last year when we didn’t go out and get it

Yeah I think it’s more than shooters and everyone knows where I stand. I think you and I were the ones saying after the first year consistently us not recruiting a shooter just seemed crazy considering the roster makeup. Now we are way beyond that. PG depth is really non existent. I think we should trade our first round pick from the tanking we are doing and get a couple of Zeisloft type of players and a backup PG that can go 15 and knockdown shots. I love Rob. But as a soph Rob is not a 30 minute a game guy. To be honest Rob would be the type of player I would love to be that 15 mpg player as a sophomore on a good team. The roster construction is why I feel we have a long way to go if we are being honest with ourselves.

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah I think it’s more than shooters and everyone knows where I stand. I think you and I were the ones saying after the first year consistently us not recruiting a shooter just seemed crazy considering the roster makeup. Now we are way beyond that. PG depth is really non existent. I think we should trade our first round pick from the tanking we are doing and get a couple of Zeisloft type of players and a backup PG that can go 15 and knockdown shots. I love Rob. But as a soph Rob is not a 30 minute a game guy. To be honest Rob would be the type of player I would love to be that 15 mpg player as a sophomore on a good team. The roster construction is why I feel we have a long way to go if we are being honest with ourselves.

Rob is not the guy. He can be a good piece. Im still at a loss of how you expect to win with this level of guard play.

Rob plays like his ranking. I think anyone who expected more from him bought into the "rankings don't matter" hype. We need several top 100 guards and we will be in business. Rob is a nice player, but he isn't a starter or a guy playing 30 mpg on a good team.

Just a change in the offense being ran would change everything for this team. Don’t need the shooters. We were running something different against Iowa with Brunk out and it worked.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Just a change in the offense being ran would change everything for this team. Don’t need the shooters. We were running something different against Iowa with Brunk out and it worked.

It worked because we went 11-21 from 3. Of course the offense looks good when you're shooting over 50% from deep, but that goes against your argument that we don't need the shooters. When the 3s aren't falling our offense struggles.

It worked because we went 11-21 from 3. Of course the offense looks good when you're shooting over 50% from deep, but that goes against your argument that we don't need the shooters. When the 3s aren't falling our offense struggles.

We absolutely need shooters.

We also need another/better point guard and if we are going to play a big lineup, one of those bigs needs to be able to shoot. Right now we have 5 bigs and none of them are a threat from more than 10 feet away.

Speaking of the AD search, any news on that front? 

It’ll be Dolson. Business as usual, hire within. Indiana doesn’t really want to be a great athletic program anyway. It’s all a facade to keep fans interested.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app