Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

I’ll try to remain cryptic, but those who may or may not be involved in this decision do not have plans to target an up-and-comer should there be another change at the top of the men’s program. They understand that they have shot and missed using this philosophy and the next hire will need to be a home run hire that has a “triple” floor. The list is short, and their preferences already know they are wanted, and how much ($) they are wanted. To think that today’s singular performance is in any way a catalyst, or that anything changed after today’s game that wasn’t already being worked on behind the scenes, would be near sighted. There seems like there is one or two others on these boards with access to people in the same loop, saying the same thing in not so many words if you are paying attention. 

I would love nothing more to see BS walk through that door and hang a banner after a few seasons. Don’t get people hopes up. It’s not happening. There are so many things that would have to fall in place for that to happen. It’s become the new IU basketball and those things don’t happen. IF (!) a new AD is hired, followed by a new president then we can start to dream of those things. I just don’t see that happening anytime in the near future. Unless you’re hearing that the new AD hire will fall in line with that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie has not looked into it at all the past few weeks and their has been no fire on the sideline like we seen even earlier in the season and years past. Has to be something to that, like he knows the end is near. Which sucks because when we hired him I thought we had our coach for the next 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm probably in the minority, but at the time, I thought Archie was a really good hire. He had (IMO) an impressive pedigree: son of a successful coach, basketball junkie, gym rat, point guard, played ACC ball, a couple stints as a Power 5 assistant, successful run at a really good mid-major. The only thing left was to succeed at a Power 5 school. And outside of a Donovan, Few, Bennett or a Stevens, it seemed as if he was just about the perfect fit. I thought it would work out splendidly. ... And I can almost guarantee you, had we not hired him, Ohio State would have after they "parted ways" with Matta. 

I just cannot figure where it all went off the rails.

Today's performance, which was just shameful, has me as pissed as I've ever been at this program. Maybe even more so than after the Syracuse NCAA loss. 

Because Archie doesn't adapt to the power five game.  You can be one dimensional at a mid major and have success.  The conferences and teams just aren't that deep.  So he emphasized defense and won a bunch of games.  Comes here, and they rip his defense to pieces and there is no sensible organized offense.  Thus, the result.  Got to adjust and adapt or you're toast.   

7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

His demeanor on the sidelines seems like he’s fed up with all the BS. I was wondering the same thing during the game today. He just seems like he’s done with it all.

This team truly has adopted his loser's mentality

This team truly has adopted his loser's mentality

I think the team has adopted his mindset of frustration. If he had a loser’s mentality he wouldn’t be doing this as his career and identity.

How this is the same team with 15 (including some quality as well as ugly) wins is baffling to me. Even last year, I’ve never seen a team with as little fight in them as these kids. Why do they not want to be there? Why are we talking about this again like it’s last year? What is the culture here, I thought it was better now? Too many unanswereds for me to wrap my head around.

Knight returning and the team losing was the final nail in the coffin for me. After seeing greatness and fight personified walk out onto that court yesterday only to have this soft team lay down and die, roll over, give up....I’m long past the point of caring. I never thought I’d agree with the dumb@sses at that defunct IU fan site Crimson Quarry, but I indeed have reached the “ironic detachment phase.” 

And it sucks.

2 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

How this is the same team with 15 (including some quality as well as ugly) wins is baffling to me. Even last year, I’ve never seen a team with as little fight in them as these kids. Why do they not want to be there? Why are we talking about this again like it’s last year? What is the culture here, I thought it was better now? Too many unanswereds for me.

Knight returning and the team losing was the final nail in the coffin for me. After seeing greatness and fight personified walk out onto that court yesterday only to have this soft team lay down and die, roll over, give up....I’m long past the point of caring. I never thought I’d agree with the dumb@sses at that defunct IU fan site Crimson Quarry, but I indeed have reached the “ironic detachment phase.” 

And it sucks.

This team has tons of fight if everything is going good. They get excited and play hard. Punch them in the mouth once and they cower in a corner crying. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

This team has tons of fight if everything is going good. They get excited and play hard. Punch them in the mouth once and they cower in a corner crying. 

That’s exactly what I mean. I don’t get it.