Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting question.  He's not getting the job done and a new AD won't necessarily feel any allegiance to him.  Is his noticeable weight loss due to a designed weight loss program or is it stress related and possibly generating some other health issues?  Is it better to be fired or cut and run in the eyes of future employers?  IMO, resigning wouldn't be that much of a detriment to his future hire albeit maybe not a major D1 school.  I can't answer your question only add some additional questions.

He did mention on one of his shows that he was working to loose weight.  Said 160 which was his playing weight.

Interesting tweet from Jarrad Odle.  I presume he's referring to Andre Owen.
Mark my words, there is a cancer or 2 on this iu team. We had one in 2001 and when he left our world got a whole lot better.

That’s a bit harsh, I wouldn’t go as far as to say Archie is a cancer, just not leadership material for a former/aspiring blueblood

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

I just wonder if the "handcuffing" is laid out in the form of making it hard for Archie to hold kids accountable.   Meaning they don't want any public rants, on court butt chewing etc.  Therefore if our players aren't doing what the coaches want them to on the court, Archie may hafta just swallow his tongue.   Just playing devil's advocate here.  

That's what I'm thinking. As a player, it would be easier to slack off knowing the administration has your back. 

There was a high school coach in northeast Indiana who resigned earlier this week, presumably because parents of players felt he was emotionally abusing their kids. It's just a lot harder to discipline kids these days. 

7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

At the time of the hire for who what we paid I’d say Chris Mack. Now that ship sailed i’d say Bruce Pearl or Chris Beard.

I’m not high on Chris Beard. Solid coach sure, but I’d prefer a younger coach.

wish Dane was ready. 

33 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Not disagreeing but this just kinda reiterates the point of IU hiring guys that will keep the bball program from becoming the face of the university.  To ME, and I'm no genius, it just seems like the higher ups are A OK with our bball program being just an average program. 

Bingo. 

Interesting question.  He's not getting the job done and a new AD won't necessarily feel any allegiance to him.  Is his noticeable weight loss due to a designed weight loss program or is it stress related and possibly generating some other health issues?  Is it better to be fired or cut and run in the eyes of future employers?  IMO, resigning wouldn't be that much of a detriment to his future hire albeit maybe not a major D1 school.  I can't answer your question only add some additional questions.

Zero chance Archie walks on his own. And the reasoning is $$$$$$$$. Now, maybe they could coordinate some mutual lesser buyout or some other back channel agreement but the guaranteed money means we are stuck with Archie.

Sad day.

We need a coach that can recruit at a high level and play a fun brand of basketball. Archie doesn’t do that. There isn’t any excitement watching an IU game under him. Even under Crean there was some offensive burst that got you going as a fan. We don’t have that under Archie. It’s like pulling teeth instead.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Zero chance Archie walks on his own. And the reasoning is $$$$$$$$. Now, maybe they could coordinate some mutual lesser buyout or some other back channel agreement but the guaranteed money means we are stuck with Archie.

Sad day.

Funny thing is, $17mil isn’t that much. A few donors and some cash from the budget and you can say bye bye.

We need a coach that can recruit at a high level and play a fun brand of basketball. Archie doesn’t do that. There isn’t any excitement watching an IU game under him. Even under Crean there was some offensive burst that got you going as a fan. We don’t have that under Archie. It’s like pulling teeth instead.

It really is painful. Any basket scored is about a modern miracle.

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sad day.

He’d have to basically be jumping ship to another program to walk away. But with his results here I doubt that happens 

51 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Not disagreeing but this just kinda reiterates the point of IU hiring guys that will keep the bball program from becoming the face of the university.  To ME, and I'm no genius, it just seems like the higher ups are A OK with our bball program being just an average program. 

If only we were average. Were miles from average. 

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Funny thing is, $17mil isn’t that much. A few donors and some cash from the budget and you can say bye bye.

We could cut the electric bill for a few days over Christmas break in Cook Hall and probably come up with that. IU took in $123M in revenues in 2018. A year in which we lost 12 straight games. We made a PROFIT of $6.6M. That’s without even having to tap into an eager donor base who would gladly chip in to put us back on the map. The money is there. It’s an administration decision right now not to spend it to turn things around. 

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/2815129002

10 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Dayton keeps playing great then their coach gets hired elsewhere, wonder if Archie would jump at the chance to go back, seeing the writing on the wall.

I wonder if Dayton would even want him back. They could probably hire a better coach from elsewhere.