Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

I apologize if this has been brought up. How does everybody feel about Archie not letting the team see, hear or watch any of the Bob Knight return. My son and I were boiling. We figured maybe that would bring some fire and/or pride to the team, because his coaching wasn't. This is the first time I've said, but I want him gone and not just because of this.
Yeah I didn't like that either

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Officially in the Fire Archie Support Group! Just can't understand how in the hell you don't have your players out on that court not only showing respect to what came before you, but what it means to be an INDIANA basketball player. It's not like they came out ready to play to start with. I'm not ok with this! I am f*cking disgusted as all hell! More than any point in the last 10 yrs with this program.

Thank you sir, found the post I was looking for.

I'm definitely in agreement that Archie could be doing a lot of things A LOT better but I'm also FIRMLY in the boat that says our administration isn't helping anyones cause.  I truly believe what has already been said many times.  This administration doesn't want the IU basketball program to be the face of the school anymore.  And when that's the case, all bets are off as to what product we see on the floor now AND going forward.  Not defending Archie but I think our bball problems are way deeper than what we see on game day.  

38 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

All the more confusing of why Archie pocketed those 2 scholarships. The guard play was awful last year when Phinisee went down. Surely coach could see that and didn’t do anything to address that. Don’t get it

I remember when he said that he wasn't going to use them on a grad transfer unless 'it was someone who could have an impact'.

I know Chris has alluded to the administration being difficult in allowing grad transfers coming in, but I don't know how you couldn't have viewed as any grad transfer capable of knocking threes down -- even if they couldn't do anything else -- as not providing an impact.  And if they came in and couldn't contribute....what was the harm?

Fire archie today! Losing to purdue 5 times in a row should be a fireable offense. I challenge the most optimistic fan to give reasons for more time at this point

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

In the last decade Butler and Purdue have clearly passed IU basketball

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

33 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

And change thread title to fire archie Miller dang thing is almost 100 percent over. No more evidence than today needed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Look expecting any signs of improvement in 3 years is just completely unrealistic. This is all Creans fault anyway. 

55 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

I apologize if this has been brought up. How does everybody feel about Archie not letting the team see, hear or watch any of the Bob Knight return. My son and I were boiling. We figured maybe that would bring some fire and/or pride to the team, because his coaching wasn't. This is the first time I've said, but I want him gone and not just because of this.

I wasn't really bothered by it.  EXCEPT, the fact that they made zero adjustments during halftime and came out and laid a turd.  He may has well had let them see what it means to be an IU B-ball player.  

As a person who has been a fan since the early ‘80’s, I thought Crean’s last few years were the least optimistic I had ever felt. This is worse. At least with Crean you’d get a good season every 3 years or so.

We just struggled to put up 60 points against an unranked rival at home. A game we had a week to prepare for. A game where Bob Knight came back to Assembly Hall. This team had nothing. Absolutely nothing. For their biggest rival. At home. Never thought I would see the day.

I hear all the excuses. It’s the administration. It’s the facilities. It’s the bad Crean players. But this team plays with no emotion since Miller has been here. This team rarely rises to the occasion. This team doesn’t even seem to want to be on the floor half the time. I’m not sure how the administration is doing that. They really seem like they couldn’t care less. I guess practice is what is important, because it sure isn’t games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Well, if in fact Archie is being handcuffed, now would be a good time for him to "f" it and take the handcuffs off.  His reputation and coaching future are suffering irreparable harm.  

His reputation if he doesn't stay here for whatever reason is what my son and I were just talking about!  Definitely not helping it!

Well, if in fact Archie is being handcuffed, now would be a good time for him to "f" it and take the handcuffs off.  His reputation and coaching future are suffering irreparable harm.  

If he is being handcuffed why was Crean able to win B1G and make a few sweet 16’s and have us ranked #1? I’m seriously wondering this, not trying to be sarcastic

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app