Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

11 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

True but he now has more at his disposal then Tom Crean ever had. Did Crean not ask, or did he not know?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IU needs something to sell itself on. The on court success isn’t there so elite, top of the line facilities need to exist to draw recruits’ interest. But IU’s facilities are just middle of the pack. Go see what other schools have.

7 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think it’s telling that there are some that were finally pushed over the edge after today, me included. Been on the fence for a long time as to whether he could be the right guy and been hanging on by a rusty nail for a while.

Also telling that the Archie defenders aren’t here, not in the game thread nor here. I’m not saying they changed their stance but where are they?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's not all black and white. You say something positive and you're labeled a 'sunshine blowhard'. You say something negative and you're labeled a negative SOB. I support Archie, but I see the issues with this program. You would have to be blind and stupid not to be able to point out what is currently wrong with the program. I think we need to wait for the year to play out and determine what the next step is for the program. To come on here and just bash the program and the University seems a little unproductive. I guess it helps some people. All the negative **** the team did today seemed to be covered, so I didn't really have a lot to add. I didn't think I could add much to the conversation.

This is from Archie’s first season. His response to the question at the 2:15 mark is what convinced me he was our guy and got me very excited about his tenure here. No bs response, and he really showed his true colors there when he went away from his scripted podium talking points. 

This attitude hasn’t materialized into where this program should be and is where I feel most dejected about where we stand right now.

13 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I snuck out of work to go that game By myself. Never snuck out of work and never been to a sporting game alone but did it because I knew how important of a game it was and got my heart ripped out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I took my brother to his first game that day. Awful. We were rolling up until that point and we came out and even the warmups looked like they didn’t care. Zero energy. Baffling.

Ok I am calming down. It looks bad. Archie looks bad and the play looks bad. Shooting is terrible. I am optimistic archie can still turn this around. At this point though it's bad. It is boring and aggravating basketball. Hoping for the best though

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, coachv jr said:

i just had to respond to your hoosier hysteria picture. i still have that lp and listen to it from time to time. used to see them at second story. ahh, the good old punk rock days

Nice man! Yeah it's actually worth a pretty penny now. I had some Gizmos that I had to sell recently and they went for a mint as well. Love that stuff, I wasn't around for it but I dig all the Bloomington Punk like MX-80 Sound and Chinaboise (and any Indiana bands in general).

2 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

If we really are being handcuffed by our administration, then it won’t matter who we bring in here. They won’t be able to recruit the talent needed to match our tremendous expectations and compete in the B1G, a perennial top 2 league in the nation.

Please expand on why you believe the administration is handcuffing the basketball team. We spend more money on recruiting than any other league team. Please expand?

2 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

If there is any coach at the mid major level, it’s Travis Steele. Stud recruiter. 

if I had my way, we’d bring back Kelvin Sampson. Please spare me the moral high horse arguments. I just want to ******* win. 

Absolutely NO mid major coaches will satisfy this fanbase. Only thing that will satify our fanbase is spending a sh*t ton of money and bringing in a big name with proven results. Tell me I'm wrong!

1 minute ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Absolutely NO mid major coaches will satisfy this fanbase. Only thing that will satify our fanbase is spending a sh*t ton of money and bringing in a big name with proven results. Tell me I'm wrong!

I’ll gladly take a mid major hire if they don’t have a gimmick system. And run a system that can work at this level. 

I have no faith that Archie will turn this around, next years class is very underwhelming and the studs in 2021 will want no part of a lame duck coach. It’s not a great look to fire a coach after 3 years, but this is unacceptable. We are not improving and our upperclassmen actually are looking worse then last year. We need to move on after this season if they don’t turn it around.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

U are wrong. Fans wont be happy day of hire but if archie was winning big now or in a year or 2 nobody would have a problem with him. There isnt one coach every fan will support on day 1 but if they are winning it wont matter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

As it should be. Kentucky didn’t settle for a mid major coach after firing Gillespie. Neither did UNC after firing Dougherty. Either IU wants to be a blueblood or not.