Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

10 hours ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Watch them inexplicably go to the Elite Eight this year while we decline the NIT. 

Sorry, I know this isn’t the negativity thread.

I...can't...even....think about this scenario haha. 

So with that being said...JUST WIN BABY!

About to go yet another season without being ranked. Indiana under Archie has only been ranked for a total of 6 weeks. The highest ranking being #21. Last time we were Top 20 was the week of December 26th, 2016 and we were 16th. The week after we were 25th and the week after unranked. We then went 34 straight polls without being in it. Hit the 6 week streak of 17-18 and now back to 27 straight now. We’ve only been in the Top 25 6 out of 57 polls.

Now I know for a fact there are IU fans who don’t care about the polls, but never being in them is a bad thing. The perception that goes along with being in them is strong. And we haven’t done crap for 3 1/2 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

About to go yet another season without being ranked. Indiana under Archie has only been ranked for a total of 6 weeks. The highest ranking being #21. Last time we were Top 20 was the week of December 26th, 2016 and we were 16th. The week after we were 25th and the week after unranked. We then went 34 straight polls without being in it. Hit the 6 week streak of 17-18 and now back to 27 straight now. We’ve only been in the Top 25 6 out of 57 polls.

Now I know for a fact there are IU fans who don’t care about the polls, but never being in them is a bad thing. The perception that goes along with being in them is strong. And we haven’t done crap for 3 1/2 years now.

Completely agree: Polls are one of the public's primary views of the program's success.

We need to be consistently ranked in them - next season that should be a regular occurrence as long as TJD returns and Lander reclassifies. If not? There should be serious questions and concerns.

Completely agree: Polls are one of the public's primary views of the program's success.
We need to be consistently ranked in them - next season that should be a regular occurrence as long as TJD returns and Lander reclassifies. If not? There should be serious questions and concerns.

It so aesthetically pleasing seeing a number to Indiana on the scoreboard.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Appears at face like good research, and quantifies the frustration of much of this fanbase. It’s truly amazing so many of us still care.

If I could be a fair weather fan I would be, but for some reason I can’t.

Wow. That really drives home just how mediocre we have been. Hard to read that. Has to change immediately.

Apparently Archie's post-game was interesting.
Tom Brew - Archie Miller: "When I was in the Atlantic 10, Joe Lunardi was my best friend. Now he's crapping on Indiana to get people to watch his Sesame Street show. Now he can go back in the trash can where he came from.'' #BOOM #Bracketology
Jeremy Price tweeted the same quote from Archie as did several others so I  don't think he was misquoted.
Mike Schumann - And now he (Archie) clarifies, Joe Lunardi is Oscar the Grouch.

Matt Cohen of IDSNews -
ESiFpLHXsAs_XOB?format=png%26name=large&key=8eec9b84ce172156b50601332eb42c199f5a1ebf006cdace6478a8d90c8643f8

Win games like 9 other B1G schools Archie and be safely in the field versus riding the bubble and you won’t have to field these questions. We aren’t a good team. We haven’t been since day 1. We’ve willed and homered ourselves into a couple of nice wins. We aren’t very good. We are okay. We aren’t terrible either. We aren’t a team I can be proud of, that’s for certain.

I have absolutely zero faith we should be in the NCAAs or that we can beat any of those teams that aren’t mid majors away from home.

Another disappointing season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

By the way Archie is now 26-32 in his 3 years in the Big Ten. We have went 9-9, 8-12 and 9-11. So we did 1 game better in the Big Ten than last season. We might end up just 1 win better overall than last year. It’s been such a mediocre start, at best, to Archie’s career.

By the way Archie is now 26-32 in his 3 years in the Big Ten. We have went 9-9, 8-12 and 9-11. So we did 1 game better in the Big Ten than last season. We might end up just 1 win better overall than last year. It’s been such a mediocre start, at best, to Archie’s career.

I am impressed his losing record is only that bad. We need to be way better. Nobody thought Wisconsin was good early on in the season like iu. One team rose to the occasion iu just did the bare minimum. I think we lose to Nebraska. Tough to beat a team 3 times plus we suck bad big ten tournament. It also would be something a archie team would do at this point

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am impressed his losing record is only that bad. We need to be way better. Nobody thought Wisconsin was good early on in the season like iu. One team rose to the occasion iu just did the bare minimum. I think we lose to Nebraska. Tough to beat a team 3 times plus we suck bad big ten tournament. It also would be something a archie team would do at this point  

I get that everyone is upset, but this team isn’t losing to Nebraska, not only is Nebraska horrible, but they just lost 2 of their better players indefinitely. Can’t imagine IU doesn’t get in with 20 wins.

I get that everyone is upset, but this team isn’t losing to Nebraska, not only is Nebraska horrible, but they just lost 2 of their better players indefinitely. Can’t imagine IU doesn’t get in with 20 wins.

We can revisit this after but I really wouldn't bet against it.

I would like to see us in a league with different officiating.  Big ten is like the WWF. 
What bothers me the most, simple assault is allowed in the paint. But on the perimeter there is many nickel-dime fouls. Also, I wish the NCAA would rethink the review process. In under 2 min. situations it feels like the referees are afraid to make a call.