Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not really. It’s like Smith leaves so we will lose our best perimeter defender. If Lander doesn’t come next season then we are down to just Rob as the only ball handler on the team. Archie has yet to prove that anyone can develop under him over a summer. Also likely we play the same terrible offense next season. So even if Lander does come, he will have no room because we still won’t have shooters and he still won’t have driving lanes to get to the basket. It’ll be more of the same.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The record has gotten better every year Archie has been here. Everyone comes back next year, no reason to think that won't change. ESPECIALLY with a sophomore TJD. 

The record has gotten better every year Archie has been here. Everyone comes back next year, no reason to think that won't change. ESPECIALLY with a sophomore TJD. 

But who will get better? Will anything that’s hurt us this season, change next season? As in having shooters or a different offense?

Very few will bring back the production we do. Very few had 3 players in their top 7 that missed as much time as those 3 have. 
Hopefully they won't moving forward. Outside of injuries I really don't see anyway that we aren't a top 25 team. Might have the best player in the B1G too. 
This production you speak of.......it's not so great. TJD and what after?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

But who will get better? Will anything that’s hurt us this season, change next season? As in having shooters or a different offense?

Race and Jerome have shown improvements within this season, no reason to think they won't get better in the summer without injuries. TJD is dominant at times as a freshman, you can't possible think he won't improve next year as a sophomore with his potential?

I think it is more than reasonable to think a team that returns all but one inconsistent guard and a backup post player will get better.

HAVEN'T even had to mention the Lander possibility yet. 

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

This production you speak of.......it's not so great. TJD and what after?

Well... its resulted in 5 top 25 wins? And it isnt even 100% yet lol

Race and Jerome have shown improvements within this season, no reason to think they won't get better in the summer without injuries. TJD is dominant at times as a freshman, you can't possible think he won't improve next year as a sophomore with his potential?
I think it is more than reasonable to think a team that returns all but one inconsistent guard and a backup post player will get better.
HAVEN'T even had to mention the Lander possibility yet. 

Let’s say Archie magically becomes a developer of talent, does he change what offense he runs next season or is it the same?

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

How is it not 100%? Everyone is playing. Everyone is healthy.

No.. they aren't. To say this team is 100% is kind of silly honestly. No off season for some of them, no pre season for some of them... multiple, multiple in season injuries. "Healthy" no. 

Well... its resulted in 5 top 25 wins? And it isnt even 100% yet lol
So you don't have a good answer then. I asked about production returning which would suggest we have good individual production returning. At least you got the juvenile "lol" in there though.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No.. they aren't. To say this team is 100% is kind of silly honestly. No off season for some of them, no pre season for some of them... multiple, multiple in season injuries. "Healthy" no. 

No team is totally healthy at this time of the season. Almost all teams have injuries they deal with throughout the season.

Lol. The excuses never stop. Never heard that Creans last season to help him as OG was out. This team is fully healthy and ready to go. They just aren’t as good as you think they are and the dude making $3mil holds them back quite a bit.

8 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

So you don't have a good answer then. I asked about production returning which would suggest we have good individual production returning. At least you got the juvenile "lol" in there though.

Lol my god. 

TJD 14p 8r 

JS 11p 5r 

Durham 10p 

Plus Hunter, Thompson, and Phin who will all be healthy, finally. Brunk very solid role player. Absolutely a top 25 team. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Lol. The excuses never stop. Never heard that Creans last season to help him as OG was out. This team is fully healthy and ready to go. They just aren’t as good as you think they are and the dude making $3mil holds them back quite a bit.

I said that multiple times about Creans last season. I wasnt overly down on Crean, it was just time to move on. 

The main reason I wanted to move on from Crean was because he had alienated himself from the state of IN HS coaches, not his on the court results. 

Lol my god. 
TJD 14p 8r 
JS 11p 5r 
Durham 10p 
Plus Hunter, Thompson, and Phin who will all be healthy, finally. Brunk very solid role player. Absolutely a top 25 team. 
So you're telling me that Smith and Durham are reason to be optimistic for next year? A) that tells me you don't watch much if you're trying to sell that B) they may not even be here next year. I'm not going to argue this with you. If you want to believe in them then by all means go ahead. I for one do not hold out much hope that those 2 suddenly become major contributors on a top 25 team.

Lol my god. 
TJD 14p 8r 
JS 11p 5r 
Durham 10p 

Smith is likely leaving. Al has more than proven to not be very good and will likely be our 4th best guard next season and probably still start unless he transfers. Phinisee hasn’t gotten better. He is who he is. He has peaked just like Al peaked his sophomore year. A roster like this takes a coach who can develop players and actually coach. We just don’t have that.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

So you're telling me that Smith and Durham are reason to be optimistic for next year? A) that tells me you don't watch much if you're trying to sell that B) they may not even be here next year. I'm not going to argue this with you. If you want to believe in them then by all means go ahead. I for one do not hold out much hope that those 2 suddenly become major contributors on a top 25 team.

Experience matters. "I'm not arguing this with you" ....as you argue it with me. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Smith is likely leaving. Al has more than proven to not be very good and will likely be our 4th best guard next season and probably still start unless he transfers. Phinisee hasn’t gotten better. He is who he is. He has peaked just like Al peaked his sophomore year. A roster like this takes a coach who can develop players and actually coach. We just don’t have that.

You literally couldn't be more wrong about Phin. Absurd. 

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I agree. I like Durham, and he has improved probably more than any other player during this period at IU, but he is coming off the bench on most B1G teams.

THe jury is still out on Phinisee though. He's a sophomore. Not sure we can conclude he has reached his peak.