Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

57 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Looks like Pat Shoulders is stepping down.... he, Fred Glass and McRobbie will all be gone soon enough.

https://www.hoosiertimes.com/herald_times_online/news/iu/longtime-iu-trustee-won-t-seek-reelection/article_2920219e-5259-11ea-aea4-cb922775d2ec.html

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This may be the first time I've "liked" one of your posts, lol!  Thanks for a shot of good news!

1 minute ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Anyone else considered toxic in the athletic department and BOT that we should know about?

Sounds like:

Fred Gone by end of May

Shoulders gone soon

McRobbie gone by end of 2021

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If there is they stay behind the scenes better than these 3

For someone who knows nothing about Pat Shoulders, what's the scoop? Why is this good specifically for the basketball program? (not questioning it, I just truly have no idea)

Most vocal voice on the board the last 20 years for the direction of this University’s money programs. Good friend of Glass prior to the hire and probably his staunchest supporter during his term. If you are a friend of his it makes no difference how you perform at your job as long as you can show you are still making money. Only once have I heard that man speak up about the wins and losses of our program and it was in 2019. He followed that up with they got the right man for the job. Tiny has his separate issues beyond that, but yeah. If you want to look at people directly responsible for the last 20 years he is in top 5 for sure.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Most vocal voice on the board the last 20 years for the direction of this University’s money programs. Good friend of Glass prior to the hire and probably his staunchest supporter during his term. If you are a friend of his it makes no difference how you perform at your job as long as you can show you are still making money. Only once have I heard that man speak up about the wins and losses of our program and it was in 2019. He followed that up with they got the right man for the job. Tiny has his separate issues beyond that, but yeah. If you want to look at people directly responsible for the last 20 years he is in top 5 for sure.

Well said!  

Been a vocal critic of him for a while. Let’s just say we’ve had some unpleasant exchanges at a few BoT meetings, which may or may not involve my removal from said meetings lol

Always wondered if you tried using his handle bars as roach clips or something.

And for every one story like Wright's there's probably 10 that go the exact opposite direction as his.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I admittedly didn't watch Villanova in his first few years but I'd like to talk to someone that did. Did they see progress in terms of execution and development at least? We haven't seen any of it here so far.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

I admittedly didn't watch Villanova in his first few years but I'd like to talk to someone that did. Did they see progress in terms of execution and development at least? We haven't seen any of it here so far.

There was an unbelievable article on him in GQ a few years ago. Really details on how he made a FF, then the wheels came off, and then he had to pretty much reinvent the way he coached/looked at thing,/approached recruiting, leading to him winning 2 national championships... The coach Wright that went to the first final four and the coach that won the national titles were basically two different coaches, from his own perspective that is.