Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Doesn't seem to be alot of negative thoughts on today's game. Everyone either given up or didn't think it was that bad lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apathy. We’ve said it all already.

What do we root for now?

New coach?

New players?

Better recruiting?

I just see a slow demise to the Archie era. He ain’t got it. No, coach out there we can afford that can flip it quickly.

IUBB is as close to dead as it’s ever been. Honestly, we might be there already.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Doesn't seem to be alot of negative thoughts on today's game. Everyone either given up or didn't think it was that bad lol

People are warn out. Even the loyalists aren’t even attending nor watching.

It would be more of a shock for us to win on the road than get beat by 24

There is just no faith and that takes the fun and excitement out of it. At least when Crean was rebuilding we saw something brewing that was exciting. He couldn’t sustain it but there was an excitement

There is just no excitement around IU basketball under Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Apathy. We’ve said it all already.

What do we root for now?

New coach?

New players?

Better recruiting?

I just see a slow demise to the Archie era. He ain’t got it. No, coach out there we can afford that can flip it quickly.

IUBB is as close to dead as it’s ever been. Honestly, we might be there already.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah we’re already dead. Here’s to hoping that dead means a few tournament appearances here and there. :/

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yep it is bad. I think a move needs to be made soon or were in trouble

I think it’s too late. I honestly see such an apathy with this program changes won’t bring this fanbase back. We will have to start to win again before there’s any excitement.  

The IU administration determined long ago that the coach of IU basketball would never be the most powerful man on campus again. Seems the only way to do that is to keep the team down. 

14 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

People are warn out. Even the loyalists aren’t even attending nor watching.

It would be more of a shock for us to win on the road than get beat by 24

There is just no faith and that takes the fun and excitement out of it. At least when Crean was rebuilding we saw something brewing that was exciting. He couldn’t sustain it but there was an excitement

There is just no excitement around IU basketball under Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

In his first year I think he was a little intimidated by the stage of being IU’s coach, but these last two seasons, especially this one, I’m questioning how much he actually wants to be here. Taking a job like this needs to mean more to you than just “I’m now the head coach at IU” (or UCLA, or UNC, or any of the brand name schools), and “therefore this is a top opportunity and I’m now at the peak of my profession.” You need to make it personal. You need to want to carve out a chapter in the school’s history as “your era.” 

42 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Maybe people just didn't want to waste their Sunday afternoon with an IU road game. I know I didn't. 

5 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

In his first year I think he was a little intimidated by the stage of being IU’s coach, but these last two seasons, especially this one, I’m questioning how much he actually wants to be here. Taking a job like this needs to mean more to you than just “I’m now the head coach at IU” (or UCLA, or UNC, or any of the brand name schools), and “therefore this is a top opportunity and I’m now at the peak of my profession.” You need to make it personal. You need to want to carve out a chapter in the school’s history as “your era.” 

I’m holding on to a small glimmer of hope he leaves on his own

I’m holding on to a small glimmer of hope he leaves on his own
Has that ever happened? I am sure it has but examples might give me more hope. No NBA teams are calling and no bigger ncaa jobs lol. Doubt he goes anywhere. What a mess

I think he ends up getting another year but I think there needs to be things shown in order for that to happen.

He has to go out and get a shooter that can contribute right away. Freshmen, Juco, grad transfer it doesn’t mater.

I also think another change needs to be made when it comes to his staff and in my opinion the training staff

Recruiting is off and player development is off, something needs change

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think he ends up getting another year but I think there needs to be things shown in order for that to happen.

He has to go out and get a shooter that can contribute right away. Freshmen, Juco, grad transfer it doesn’t mater.

I also think another change needs to be made when it comes to his staff and in my opinion the training staff

Recruiting is off and player development is off, something needs change

The problem isn’t the staff the system doesn’t work. This isn’t Dayton where opposing players are skilled or athletic. Here they are both and are able to get shots on demand 

37 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Has that ever happened? I am sure it has but examples might give me more hope. No NBA teams are calling and no bigger ncaa jobs lol. Doubt he goes anywhere. What a mess

Most coaches at this level are egomaniacs so I doubt he leaves as well. That said you can make the argument if an opportunity presents itself Archie should jump. Obviously this isnt working and sticking around to eventually get fired could harm future job opp.

Most coaches at this level are egomaniacs so I doubt he leaves as well. That said you can make the argument if an opportunity presents itself Archie should jump. Obviously this isnt working and sticking around to eventually get fired could harm future job opp.
I truly think iu at this point should be all aboard firing him. Its really hard to see a future for him right now. I think they will wait and watch how this season plays out but if it goes how some of us fear it will look ugly when it is all said and done

We have not been even competitive on the road except Nebraska, that is uncalled for.  Losing close is one thing, not showing up and getting blown out all the time is a troubling indication that this team is mentally weak, and not well prepared to play on the road.  Archie is to blame, and the fact things have not improved tells me he is not capable of coaching at this level.  Make the change, and move on.

Another way to look at it.

Michigan is in a better spot with Howard in year 1 than Archie in year 3, both on the court and recruiting.

The only programs we are 100% better than right now is Nebraska and Northwestern.

Can’t recruit and can’t coach and can’t inspire. Wow. Honestly, what do we hope for?

I wasn’t a fan of this hire, but he won me over a little during his press tour. Then landing Romeo. I was converted.

But now knowing he isn’t a great recruiter, that’s the Miller advantage. Without it, you get what we are seeing.

It’s really a crapshoot, hoping Archie will be better next year.

The preseason mags had us right this year, next year we will be preseason 9-11.

Nothing left to do but endure it and all it’s misery.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners