Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Lol. Archie got some good questions and he gives good answers but it doesn’t matter. His system is flawed, or the guys don’t have it, or x,y,z. I don’t expect it to change.

He’s just hoping the guys right the ship, dig in and play for one another.

BUT he’s recruited a soft group. They don’t have the toughness or resilience to get it done.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Lol. Archie got some good questions and he gives good answers but it doesn’t matter. His system is flawed, or the guys don’t have it, or x,y,z. I don’t expect it to change.

He’s just hoping the guys right the ship, dig in and play for one another.

BUT he’s recruited a soft group. They don’t have the toughness or resilience to get it done.

I don’t believe a word he says ever. He said he made a tweak... was the tweak against Purdue to play worse?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know, no one wants to hear it, but everything sets up for Steve Alford. He’s 56. He would take the job. The older fanbase like him. The admin likes him. The new AD likes him.

I honestly don’t know who would make me happy. I guess only unrealistic options.

Archie being good would have been super.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I know, no one wants to hear it, but everything sets up for Steve Alford. He’s 56. He would take the job. The older fanbase like him. The admin likes him. The new AD likes him.

I honestly don’t know who would make me happy. I guess only unrealistic options.

Archie being good would have been super.

Archie being average would have been super compared to Alford. 

If Alford becomes the HC at IU I will officially find a new team to be a fan of. 

Grab a grown man by the throat = Fired

Text a kid too much = Fired

But 

Use a Christian group you torment a rape victim = Hired 

Screw that there are standards of decency. Would rather give Archie an extension than bring in Alford. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie being average would have been super compared to Alford. 

If Alford becomes the HC at IU I will officially find a new team to be a fan of. 

Grab a grown man by the throat = Fired

Text a kid too much = Fired

But 

Use a Christian group you torment a rape victim = Hired 

Screw that there are standards of decency. Would rather give Archie an extension than bring in Alford. 

I he won you'd be right there cheering with the rest of us.

Tom Crean recruited Al Durham, Justin Smith and Clifton Moore. Archie was brought in after they signed and he was tasked with keeping them. His first recruiting class was 2018 - Romeo, Anderson, RP and Hunter. If you recall, they didn't hire him until late spring/early summer. This is CAM's 3rd year, his 2nd recruiting class. That is, if I recall correctly. But I remember Moore threatening to leave because Archie took over for Crean before summer/practice.
He was hired on the first Friday of the NCAA tournament if my memory serves me correctly

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I know, no one wants to hear it, but everything sets up for Steve Alford. He’s 56. He would take the job. The older fanbase like him. 

Not all of the older fanbase.  I want nothing to do with Alford and our basketball program.

So Bruce Pearl? I like the Kenny Payne idea. He’s one of the top recruiters at UK. Went to UofL. Now if we are just going to say screw it and go after someone young, Jon Scheyer. That’s the young guy I would want and I’d take him over Fife or Alford in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So Bruce Pearl? I like the Kenny Payne idea. He’s one of the top recruiters at UK. Went to UofL. Now if we are just going to say screw it and go after someone young, Jon Scheyer. That’s the young guy I would want and I’d take him over Fife or Alford in a heartbeat.

Bruce Pearl is scum. Pure and simple. 

False he literally visited all 3 of the juniors to recruit them. 

Justin Smith didn’t decommit. Archie didn’t have to recruit him. Just Al and Clifton. I still feel at the time we could have went out and got better talent for those two.

Just now, mdn82 said:

Justin Smith didn’t decommit. Archie didn’t have to recruit him. Just Al and Clifton. I still feel at the time we could have went out and got better talent for those two.

I’m not sure we could have. I seem to recall that was an odd year where a lot of kids were committed.  Regardless though we have two empty scholarships. Archie could have a roster with 9 of his players and not have any need to play Creans players. He chose not to. Or failed to bring them in. Either way it’s on him.