Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No one really has it in them to actually ask him any difficult questions. No one will ask him if he intends to change the lineup, what happened to shortening the rotation, if he plans to change an offense that isn’t working. It’ll be the continued fluff crap.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My guess is that show is pretty scripted -- or monitored. Fischer asks questions that allegedly have been emailed or are from FB, but tough questions like that will be tossed out. And for the audience -- I suspect they have to say what their questions will be before asking and if they're controversial or overly difficult, they won't allow them. The only way a tough, hard-hitting question will be asked is if a person in the audience fudges about what they plan to ask, then when the mic is open, changes their tune. 

I don't know for sure if that's what happens. But it would be my guess. 

No one really has it in them to actually ask him any difficult questions. No one will ask him if he intends to change the lineup, what happened to shortening the rotation, if he plans to change an offense that isn’t working. It’ll be the continued fluff crap.

That is because the questions are email and hand picked. Was alot better in the old days when you called in and could ask what you wanted

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

That is because the questions are email and hand picked. Was alot better in the old days when you called in and could ask what you wanted

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's like we're being handcuffed from getting the tough questions in.  Where does it stop??

:)

28 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I get not wanting Glass to hire the next coach but man that lame duck year could really hurt the program.

Firing your 5th coach (Davis, Sampson, Dakich, Crean, Miller) since 2006 when said coach is in year 3 before his recruits become upper classmen "could also really hurt the program."

I'm not here to sell Archie, but a whole lot of this mess is on the players, too.  I think he deserves one more season to show real progress AND that success is sustainable.   One man's opinion, but this team's seniors are the worst in my lifetime, and I think that matters. 

Indiana Basketball needs a coach similar to Donald Trump, only in that whoever he is, like Bob Knight, can't care one bit what people say about him and can't cave to the peanut gallery OR the players.  He needs a very thick skin, needs to want the spotlight, but can't listen to the chaff.  Glass can't hire the next coach.   That would be the worst thing for this program; especially if Chris Reynolds is being considered.   A former player, if he's the AD, should be the one who decides the direction, in my opinion.

Firing your 5th coach (Davis, Sampson, Dakich, Crean, Miller) since 2006 when said coach is in year 3 before his recruits become upper classmen "could also really hurt the program."
I'm not here to sell Archie, but a whole lot of this mess is on the players, too.  I think he deserves one more season to show real progress AND that success is sustainable.    Indiana Basketball needs a coach similar to Donald Trump, only in that whoever he is, like Bob Knight, can't care one bit what people say about him and can't cave to the peanut gallery OR the players.  He needs a very thick skin, needs to want the spotlight, but can't listen to the chaff.  Glass can't hire the next coach.   That would be the worst thing for this program; especially if Chris Reynolds is being considered.   A former player, if he's the AD, should be the one who decides the direction, in my opinion.

You keep making that excuse for Archie, but they are his players. Only Green and Davis aren’t.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You keep making that excuse for Archie, but they are his players. Only Green and Davis aren’t.

And as I said above, I think they are the worst seniors in my lifetime.  I've heard more than one former player talk about "cancer" in the program, and it's no secret who that is.   Smith and Durham are not his players either, regardless of how you spin it.    You can call it an excuse all you want.   That IS easier.  

Do you guys really think it would be appropriate to ask some kinda loaded, negative question when the show is designed to promote the program?
That’s not realistic 

I think it would be okay to ask about the offense. You can’t lie about everything. He doesn’t get those questions from the media either. They ask fluff as well. Anything to mask the terrible.

I'm not here to sell Archie, but a whole lot of this mess is on the players, too.  I think he deserves one more season to show real progress AND that success is sustainable.   One man's opinion, but this team's seniors are the worst in my lifetime, and I think that matters. 
Indiana Basketball needs a coach similar to Donald Trump, only in that whoever he is, like Bob Knight, can't care one bit what people say about him and can't cave to the peanut gallery OR the players.  He needs a very thick skin, needs to want the spotlight, but can't listen to the chaff.  Glass can't hire the next coach.   That would be the worst thing for this program; especially if Chris Reynolds is being considered.   A former player, if he's the AD, should be the one who decides the direction, in my opinion.

I have no idea what is going on with Archie and why he does not seem to use the bench. Someone mentioned earlier that he seems to have lost a lot of weight this year. Not sure if that was from stress or a good diet but things just don’t add up.

I am not sure you can really count Dakich as he was really never more that an interim coach. That makes it 4 coaches since RMK was fired in 2000. Not such an unreasonable stretch.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm watching Archie's show on FB. He keeps saying the same sh-t over and over. ...
We need to find out who's in and who's out. 
If guys aren't buying in, they don't need to be playing. 
We need everybody on the same page. 
We need to grow up. 
If it's six guys, it's six guys. If it's 11 guys, it's 11. 
But then on Thursday night, we'll see the same old crap -- no effort, no passion, no pride. And he'll play the same 11 guys he has been. I don't get it. If a kid keeps stealing cookies from the cookie jar and you keep telling him not to do it without any repercussions, he'll keep doing it. There have to be consequences. And with this team, there aren't. 
If he would play six or seven guys and bench the "cancers," I'd respect the hell out of him. But he won't do it. 

All true but we don’t have any assortment of 6-8 guys that can be dominant and win regularly.

Maybe it sends a message and that message DOES need sent but we don’t have great basketball players. It’s why we can’t name a starting 5, because we don’t enough guys worthy of even playing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not true. He didn't recruit the JR class, nor do I believe he would have recruited any of them. It's part of the hand he received. I'm not an Archie apologist, but the JR and SR classes are not his.

3 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Not true. He didn't recruit the JR class, nor do I believe he would have recruited any of them. It's part of the hand he received. I'm not an Archie apologist, but the JR and SR classes are not his.

False he literally visited all 3 of the juniors to recruit them. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

All true but we don’t have any assortment of 6-8 guys that can be dominant and win regularly.

Maybe it sends a message and that message DOES need sent but we don’t have great basketball players. It’s why we can’t name a starting 5, because we don’t enough guys worthy of even playing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Back in 1985, Knight benched the regulars and started four freshmen and Uwe Blab at Illinois. Two starters didn't even make the trip. We got hammered -- scored 12 points in the first half. But the message got sent. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

False he literally visited all 3 of the juniors to recruit them. 

Tom Crean recruited Al Durham, Justin Smith and Clifton Moore. Archie was brought in after they signed and he was tasked with keeping them. His first recruiting class was 2018 - Romeo, Anderson, RP and Hunter. If you recall, they didn't hire him until late spring/early summer. This is CAM's 3rd year, his 2nd recruiting class. That is, if I recall correctly. But I remember Moore threatening to leave because Archie took over for Crean before summer/practice.

2 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Tom Crean recruited Al Durham, Justin Smith and Clifton Moore. Archie was brought in after they signed and he was tasked with keeping them. His first recruiting class was 2018 - Romeo, Anderson, RP and Hunter. If you recall, they didn't hire him until late spring/early summer. This is CAM's 3rd year, his 2nd recruiting class. That is, if I recall correctly. But I remember Moore threatening to leave because Archie took over for Crean before summer/practice.

Well even the first class you listed isn’t really working out for him so not really sure your point.