Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

But it’s an IU negativity thread. Where we come to complain about Indiana basketball. It has its own thread for a reason. We have a lot to complain about. As for all of college basketball, it will clearly be talked about in the thread titled “college basketball” because that’s where it goes. Because it’s about college basketball. No reason to clutter a thread specifically about Indiana with things not about Indiana. We’ve earned this negativity thread for IU basketball. It won’t be taken away or changed. William Wallace said they couldn’t take our freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thread title doesn’t say IU negativity thread it says negativity thread. I guess you are just assuming it’s an IU only negativity thread

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

Spoke to someone last night who said he talked to both Green and De’Ron at the Pacers-Lakers game a month ago and asked the guys what they thought of Archie and he said neither of them were fans. How true this is, I don’t know, but it definitely seems like Green has quit playing. He used to be our best on the ball defender and now he seemingly lets his guy go right past him to the basket like clockwork. I’m at the point where I’d like to see Green benched or dismissed and heck, give some of this minutes to Cooper Bybee. At least he kid will play hard and can shoot. May be a huge liability on defense but he could also be the sparkplug this team needs so this season doesn’t go down the toilet.

Honestly, I've never been particularly impressed with his defense either.  To me it's always looked like shooting was his best trait but not because he was much of a shooter but because he was even worse at everything else.

Where the heck is the green that finished last season? He has showed up like 2 times this year?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He did the same kind of his Sophomore year. Had some flashes, people thought he’d make a jump and he never did.

Really tired of hearing that we need to give it a few more years because the upper class men are not Archie's guys. That's a total cop out. That does not mean they can't be developed. That does not mean they can't be motivated. Doesn't mean they aren't basketball players.They are either part of the team or they are not. Shame on Archie if it took him 3 years to figure out they aren't.

Really tired of hearing that we need to give it a few more years because the upper class men are not Archie's guys. That's a total cop out. That does not mean they can't be developed. That does not mean they can't be motivated. Doesn't mean they aren't basketball players.They are either part of the team or they are not. Shame on Archie if it took him 3 years to figure out they aren't.

Davis has played a lot better since “Cheergate.” Green on the hand... mostly bad. Green can be benched. But Davis has actually seemed to care.

16 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Agreed. I'm so tired of being told that we're being impatient and unreasonable. The honeymoon period is over for Archie. We're over halfway through year 3 and he still struggles to put a competent offense onto the court. Our players are soft. We don't have any difference makers coming in next season, so there's little hope on the horizon. The time for excuses is over. Archie needs to put up or shut up.

Of course, it's easier for the people in charge to blame the fans instead of looking in the mirror and reflecting on their shortcomings. Sure, we put a horrible product on the court, but it's the fans' fault for being mad about in online. They're the problem!

The fans aren't the reason why we just scored 49 points against PSU and looked completely incompetent on offense. The fans aren't the reason why Archie insists on playing Green all game long even when he is killing us on both ends.  

After Greens hero ball antics cost us the Maryland Game there’s no reason he should have not even played. Archie isn’t capable of accountability.

What happened to that shortened rotation he talked about. Oh yeah just talk. 

It’s what he’s best at. Even Crean would throw in a walk on at times.

After Greens hero ball antics cost us the Maryland Game there’s no reason he should have not even played. Archie isn’t capable of accountability.

For some reason he will only play those guys. We were down by 20 and the end of the bench still didn’t see a single second.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

After Greens hero ball antics cost us the Maryland Game there’s no reason he should have even played. Archie isn’t capable of accountability.

I'm an Archie backer but I'm in agreement with you. You can't threaten and then not follow through or digress later. People sense that lack of will. I'd rather lose by 20 with players who give their all than lose by 10 with more talented players. 

11 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

I'm an Archie backer but I'm in agreement with you. You can't threaten and then not follow through or digress later. People sense that lack of will. I'd rather lose by 20 with players who give their all than lose by 10 with more talented players. 

Exactly you can’t threaten action unless you mean it. Some of the worst leaders I have ever dealt with threatened action all the time but never followed thru. Destroys credibility.