Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Ryan, this dogs*** effort on the road is embarrassing. A hint of credit for getting T'd up. But its gotta be on live TV and not during the breaks or the B1G office(or the other refs) won't notice the anger.

The effort is there, the defense is there, and more often than not the offensive sets are there. He needs shooters and it’s an easy fix. Literally find some kids who can shoot. They’re all over the country. I get that some of the shooting Archie was counting on with his young recruits hasn’t arrived, but if he can’t get basic shooting added to this roster by next season than he’s never going to get it done here.

Thats where I’m at with Archie. Let’s see what his system looks like with guys who can shoot or it’s time to go. You cannot play Shaka Smart VCU basketball at this level and expect to win. Archie needs to get a couple of Nick Zeislofts here ASAP, not more freshmen.

Just now, Magnanimous said:

The effort is there, the defense is there, and more often than not the Offensive sets are there. He needs shooters and it’s an easy fix. Literally find some kids who can shoot. They’re all over the country. I get that some of the shooting Archie was counting on with his young recruits hasn’t arrived, but if he can’t get basic shooting added to this roster by next season than he’s never going to get it done here. You cannot play Shaka Smart VCU basketball at this level and expect to win. Archie needs to get a couple of Nick Zeislofts here ASAP. 

Where is this effort you see?

7 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Steve Pikell at effing Rutgers has built a better basketball program than IU. That is where things are right now. It took a massive institutional failure to bring about the current state of affairs.

Do they have sport specific bowling alleys?

The effort is there, the defense is there, and more often than not the offensive sets are there. He needs shooters and it’s an easy fix. Literally find some kids who can shoot. They’re all over the country. I get that some of the shooting Archie was counting on with his young recruits hasn’t arrived, but if he can’t get basic shooting added to this roster by next season than he’s never going to get it done here.
Thats where I’m at with Archie. Let’s see what his system looks like with guys who can shoot or it’s time to go. You cannot play Shaka Smart VCU basketball at this level and expect to win. Archie needs to get a couple of Nick Zeislofts here ASAP, not more freshmen.

I think you’ve been watching the wrong team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

This is the type of program we are now, just face it.  We're a program that expects to lose at Rutgers.

The administration got what they wanted.  We're a business school.  We're a diversity school.  We're a law school.

Not a basketball school.

Thankfully there is enough left of the dwindling fanbase that doesn’t accept this **** to make some noise and apply some heat to the pencil pushers in the athletics department. But I know their ultimate goal is to have an apathetic fanbase that accepts mediocrity so everyone keeps their job with no accountability.

23 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

This is the type of program we are now, just face it.  We're a program that expects to lose at Rutgers.

The administration got what they wanted.  We're a business school.  We're a diversity school.  We're a law school.

Not a basketball school.

The sad thing is that there are much better academic schools out there that also destroy us athletically. So really we're a nothing school. 

That’s what is hilarious.  People actually think by whining and complaining on some fan board that they will actually make a difference in decisions made for the program. But, get it all out folks!

I think it is representative, to some extent, to the larger fan base. So as fans here get frustrated it is representative of fans elsewhere that are frustrated.

Someone makes a pretty reasonable post contrary to the theme of the thread and does so without attacking anyone and it’s met with “this is a bad post”. Lol what kind of BS is that? Really making people take you seriously...

Because it was. It was a post that literally stated the opposite of what happened tonight.