Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - 1/4/20 @ Noon

11 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Money is only relevant if we use it to get a top coach. In this case we didn’t. We could pay a high school coach top ten money but that doesn’t mean he is worth it nor will perform like it.

We overpaid, paid a guy that wasn’t ready and are now on the hook for another $10mm to him, kudos to him. I wish I could be average at my job and take in $20mm

Identify the 3 guys you want and pay them whatever it takes. Would Jay Wright leave to come here for $3mm, hell no, but would he consider for $8mm, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Jay Wright would be a good "we want to win" type hire.  This is IU so they might try a re-tread mid-major guy that did something one year.  Though if we're being fair, UCLA offered to double his salary and he declined.

7 hours ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

We both know money wasn’t what kept Pitino from coming here. Same with Mack. Unfortunately we have a department that refuses to do anything close to playing the game, which prevents us from getting the guys we want. Maybe the new AD changes that, most likely not. I honestly am not trying to argue with you guys, I want us to be successful just as much as anyone. But as we stand right now, we are not a destination for big time coaches, we just aren’t. We have the money but administration won’t allow it for the people we want which is why we have Archie as a top 10 paid guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

According to this article Miller isn't top 10 paid, maybe he was at one point though.  This has him 13th, right around Gregg Marshall.

https://www.si.com/college/2019/03/12/john-calipari-ncaa-coaches-salaries-list-kentucky-krzyzewski-izzo

According to this article Miller isn't top 10 paid, maybe he was at one point though.  This has him 13th, right around Gregg Marshall.

https://www.si.com/college/2019/03/12/john-calipari-ncaa-coaches-salaries-list-kentucky-krzyzewski-izzo
Hell Crean is on here twice, question the validity if you cant check ur info.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk