Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - 1/4/20 @ Noon

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Some of those same people said Tom Crean was a great hire.  Moral of the story, some people are complete idiots.

To the situation Crean stepped in to, he was a good hire, not the answer, but he sure has a better grasp on how to run a Major College program than our current Coach.  My .02

2 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I can live with guys not being able to hit open shots. What I will never be able to live with is the lack of effort. That is 100% on Archie. If a kid doesn’t want to play hard he doesn’t play, but Archie continues to play them. 

I don't know. It's embarrassing to play for this chit show.  

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I mean, what more is there to say? It doesn’t get worse than this. The team is done mentally. More blowouts are coming. There is zero momentum with the program. Giving Archie another year won’t fix anything. 

What took you so long?

6 minutes ago, finky said:

ALL the people that have publicly said Archie Miller can "flat out Coach".........obviously know very little about Basketball.  He wasn't that good at Dayton.  He took Gregory's recruits to the final 8 and then managed to win 1 NCAA tournament game with his own and getting bids by winning the A-10. wow.

People still say that he’s a great coach, and there is absolutely no evidence of that.  It drives me nuts

1 minute ago, finky said:

To the situation Crean stepped in to, he was a good hire, not the answer, but he sure has a better grasp on how to run a Major College program than our current Coach.  My .02

At least he had shooters.  They'd turn it over 20 times and give up 80 points, but they could shoot.

At this point I just want to see major minutes for guys that we need to grow for next year.  To me, that means Phinisee, Hunter, Franklin, and Thompson need to get more minutes.  None of them lack effort, as well.  

I’d like Phinisee at 30+, Hunter at 20+, Franklin at 20, and Thompson at 20.  

Tom Crean was better than Archie Miller.

Change my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It was absolutely the right decision to move on from Crean. It was time. But, I don’t think Archie will come close to achieving at IU what Crean did.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I dont miss tom crean for a second. I miss a winning competitive team which crean had a couple times. I miss bob knight. I miss a team that competes 90 plus percent of the time. I miss good basketball

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

My mentality for the football program was just to be competitive. That has now transferred over to the basketball team. So embarrassing, is this even rock bottom?

I think they're still digging.  Actually, I think they're getting more shovels.