Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - 1/4/20 @ Noon

None of this is surprising unfortunately. My wife actually talked me into watching since it's raining out lol. I'm not smart enough to act like I know what exactly this team needs. Average 3 point shooting isn't much to ask for. But Archie is losing me now. I heard tons of UK fans say "we hired our in-game Billy Gillespie". I told them they were dumb. Maybe they were right. 

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I want Phinisee to shoot more. He took 3 shots in 23 minutes against Arkansas and the box score has him at 1 in the first half (I thought he took an end of shot clock 3 too though). If he looked for his shot when he's out on the floor, he'd be much more valuable. But a PG that doesn't shoot had better be setting up teammates, and he's not really doing either right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green averages fewer assists and more turnovers.  Statistically, Phinisee is what you think Green is.

19 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

A lot of focus on the lineups. I say this as an Archie fan when he came in, but does he have many options. Our backup guards may be just as good if not better than the starting guards. We rely heavily on a freshman forward who we struggle getting the ball and we have no one who can consistently shoot or provide offense. I just don’t know if we’re very good, and I hope that doesn’t make me one of the doom and gloomers.

No it makes you realistic.  Archie has built a terrible roster and there isn’t any immediate help coming.

Disgusting and so predictable. 2021 recruits aren’t gonna like this.

Rebuild again. I’m so FN done. We are going down the rabbit hole. 2020 recruiting was a sign. Can’t believe Archie can be so bad.

My faith in Indiana being good again is dwindling.

Plus Brad Stevens is back to being good again in Boston. Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

None of this is surprising unfortunately. My wife actually talked me into watching since it's raining out lol. I'm not smart enough to act like I know what exactly this team needs. Average 3 point shooting isn't much to ask for. But Archie is losing me now. I heard tons of UK fans say "we hired our in-game Billy Gillespie". I told them they were dumb. Maybe they were right. 

I know a non-IU fan who hates the Miller brothers with a passion (for some odd reason) and last year he said Archie would be fired in the spring of 2022. I thought that sounded crazy at the time, but I have to say, it's looking more realistic. If we lose TJD after this year, he may be let go a year earlier than that. 

1 minute ago, hoohoome2 said:

No it makes you realistic.  Archie has built a terrible roster and there isn’t any immediate help coming.

Just frustrating man, I keep hearing help is on the way but how much are those 3 going to play over a Sr Durham and JR Phin. Green is beyond awful and he plays near more than anyone on the roster, I just don’t see much changing next year

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Disgusting and so predictable. 2021 recruits aren’t gonna like this.

Rebuild again. I’m so FN done. We are going down the rabbit hole. 2020 recruiting was a sign. Can’t believe Archie can be so bad.

My faith in Indiana being good again is dwindling.

Plus Brad Stevens is back to being good again in Boston. Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

There shouldn’t have been a rebuild in the first place. Juwan Morgan and Romeo should have walked into the Tourney. 

1 minute ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

So what would draw a recruit who didn't grow up an IU fan to IU?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

BANNERS, Y'ALL! We got 5 of 'em! 

Oh, you mean they're interested in what we've done the last 10-15 years? Well, we did win the Big Ten a couple times and go to the Sweet 16, and dumped the guy responsible for the "coach" we have now...

I will say I’ve handled myself better this game. Not yelling nearly as much at my TV, partly as I didn’t expect to win this one. My 1 year old pup greatly appreciates it. He spent the second half of the IU bowl game in his crate as he couldn’t handle me. Wasn’t even a New Years resolution but perhaps I’m gaining some of that perspective that’s talked so frequently here after these terrible performances

6 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Seriously though, if this was happening in Lexington they'd be standing outside of the stadium with torches and pitchforks.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Seriously though, if this was happening in Lexington they'd be standing outside of the stadium with torches and pitchforks.

I know IU has a lot more going for it as a university than UK does, but still IU shouldn't settle for this anymore. Like when Crean's games were empty towards the end of his tenure, Miller's games will be too.