Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - 1/4/20 @ Noon

Well, which team do we expect to show up?  I wish I had more confidence.

Live Stats

Radio

Indiana University is in its 120th season of competition in men's basketball and will visit No. 15 Maryland to restart the Big Ten schedule. Both teams are 1-1 in conference play. The Hoosiers are coming off a 71-64 loss at home to Arkansas, while Maryland defeated Bryant 84-70. According to ESPN's BPI, the Hoosiers are projected to have the toughest strength of schedule in the country for the remainder of the season. 

GAME INFORMATION
Saturday, Jan.  4 • Noon • Xfinity Center (17,950)
TV: Fox (Joe Davis, Jim  Jackson,  Lisa Byington) | Watch Online
Radio: IU Radio Network  (Don Fischer, Errek Suhr, Joe Smith) | TuneIn
Series History: Indiana leads, 8-6
Last Meeting: at UMD 78, IU 75 - 1/11/19

THE COACHES
Indiana Coach Archie Miller is in his third season of guiding the Cream and Crimson.  He is 185-96 in eight-plus years as a head coach, which includes six years at the University of Dayton.  His Flyer teams made NCAA Tournament appearances in each of his last four seasons, including a trip to the Elite Eight in 2014.  He is 46-33 at IU.  Mark Turgeon is 191-94 in six years at Maryland.

NEWS & NOTES
Freshman Trayce Jackson-Davis has won or shared the Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors 3 times this season.  He is averaging a team-best 15.4 points and 8.7 rebounds.  He has had 5 double-doubles in 13 games this season and had 20 points and 6 boards against Arkansas.  Among freshmen, he leads the nation in free throws made (58) is 2nd in field goal percentage (66.4%), 3rd in blocked shots (26) and free throws attempted (83) and 4th in  rebounds (113).  He is 8th in the Big Ten in scoring and rebounding, 4th in field goal percentage and 6th in blocked shots.   He is 2nd in free throws attempted and 3rd in free throws made.

Senior Devonte Green is 7th in the Big Ten in three-point field goals made (2.2) and had 14 points against Arkansas.  He is averaging 12.5 points per game and is second in steals with 14.  Redshirt junior forward Joey Brunk is averaging 12.5 rebounds in his last 2 games.  He had 8 points and 11 boards against Arkansas and had 9 points and a career-high 14 rebounds against Notre Dame. Junior Justin Smith is averaging 12.2 points and junior Aljami Durham  is averaging 11.4 points.

Freshman guard Armaan Franklin is averaging 11.0 points in the last 2 games.  He was named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week, after he scored 17 points, including the game-winning three-pointer with 15.7 seconds left against Notre Dame on December 21.

ODDS AND TRENDS
IU leads the nation in free throws made per game at 18.8 and free throws attempted at 27.2 per game.  IU has had 10 players score in double figures at least in one game this season.  The last three meetings have been decided by three points.

UP NEXT
The Hoosiers will begin a 2-game homestand when the face Northwestern on January 8 and Ohio State on January 11.  IU will play 5 games against ranked opponents in the month of January.  The Hoosiers defeated #17 Florida State in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

Would be surprised if we win any road games in the BIG unless we start shooting better. At Northwestern would have been nice but its not on the schedule. Feels like for any chance of winning on the road we need 20+ really solid min from Phinny and a good shooting performance from Green. 

My Dad's lived by the "hope for the best, but expect the worst" philosophy. I kinda feel like that's where we have been the last few years as a program. Guys either don't believe in themselves and teammates or don't believe in the system. Confidence is such a huge part of athletic performance and I don't see much from our guys right now. Hopefully, they prove me wrong today.

I’ll be in Bloomington shopping for baby #2 so won’t get to watch. Probably best. Don’t feel anything good happening here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ve lived in Bloomington for 30 years and didn’t know they sold babies here. In all seriousness congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

You’re really going to Babies R Us from 12-2 and not watching? You can shop anytime

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Out of curiosity are you married with a baby?  

Because I can assure you that no you can not shop anytime. 

The least confident I’ve been for a game since Duke last year. And Maryland isn’t that great.

Archie is losing the fanbase and it’s really sad to see. Look at these threads and predictions.

That being said, I bet we play better than expected, and instead of losing by 20 we lose by 5.

Who makes shots?

Will the refs bail us out and put us on line when we are playing poorly?

Why do I want us to be good, so badly?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners