Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LamarCheeks

New B1G boss

There's officially a new sheriff in town. What would you have his New Year's resolutions be? 

I have plenty, but my main two: 

1) Send Rutgers and Maryland back. If you wanna expand, expand, but keep it in the Midwest (Mizzou? Iowa State? ... I don't know. ... But to me, Maryland and Rutgers never made sense; still don't)

2). Realign the football divisions. Sure I'm being selfish, as we've got no shot with OSU, Michigan and Penn State on our side, but it makes no sense to have one division so loaded and the other so -- not loaded. 

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

1) Send Rutgers and Maryland back. If you wanna expand, expand, but keep it in the Midwest (Mizzou? Iowa State? ... I don't know. ... But to me, Maryland and Rutgers never made sense; still don't)

This times 1,000,000. Don't want 'em, don't really need 'em, plenty of better Midwestern options out there. 

BTW, I should've started this with a caveat: I know Rutgers and Maryland aren't going anywhere. I was just saying that personally, I hate that they're in the conference. I do know that won't change.

I don't necessarily want to see this thread filled with people telling me it won't happen. ... I know that. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

BTW, I should've started this with a caveat: I know Rutgers and Maryland aren't going anywhere. I was just saying that personally, I hate that they're in the conference. I do know that won't change.

I don't necessarily want to see this thread filled with people saying it won't happen. ... I know that. 

Geographically I agree they shouldn't be.

I’d be all for division realignment. They should rank the programs 1-14 over the last 10 years. Place 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, and 13 in one division and the rest in another.

Adding Rutgers and Maryland sucked but it has given a ton of $$$ to the conference. West Virginia might help bridge the geographical gap but won’t add too much $$. If we’re adding more I’d like to go closer to the coast and snag VaTech and UNC. Or maybe down to Texas and add Texas and Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

New Jersey and New York are in the top 3 of states losing population. The conference needs to focus on the midwest where it roots are strong.

Which means in about 50 years we may no longer have the largest market. 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

On the surface, Notre Dame is so logical but IMO it will never happen.  They value their football independent status far too much.  Also, I suspect they have a huge east coast alumni base that would balk at their bball program leaving the ACC.  

Agree and Id make it a priority. Gives the conference the best chance at another elite football program. Mens BB, womens BB, mens soccer all huge additions as well.