Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MikeRoberts

Help is on the...

If he’s a good shooter how come he doesn’t shoot good?

I’m sorry but if you don’t understand the difference from being a focal point that’s having to score in more ways than shooting vs. a spot up shooter that’s only got that job I don’t know what to tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I’m sorry but if you don’t understand the difference from being a focal point that’s having to score in more ways than shooting vs. a spot up shooter that’s only got that job I don’t know what to tell you.

I’d suggest watching the movie moneyball. Dress it up all you want. Good shooters shoot good. If you can only shoot good in certain situations you are not a good shooter. 

I’d suggest watching the movie moneyball. Dress it up all you want. Good shooters shoot good. If you can only shoot good in certain situations you are not a good shooter. 

I’ve watched money ball. Also you can’t compare baseball to basketball. There are zero similarities. But you’ve got an opinion and I’ve got mine. Mines not changing. I know a lot about good shooters. I get to watch one of the best in the state every single day.

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I’ve watched money ball. Also you can’t compare baseball to basketball. There are zero similarities. But you’ve got an opinion and I’ve got mine. Mines not changing. I know a lot about good shooters. I get to watch one of the best in the state every single day.

Zero similarities bold statement. I would say scout basing things off gut instinct despite compelling statistical evidence they are wrong should definitely count as a similarity. 

Zero similarities bold statement. I would say scout basing things off gut instinct despite compelling statistical evidence they are wrong should definitely count as a similarity. 

Sorry but a simple 3 point percentage isn’t compelling evidence. That doesn’t take into account whether it was off the dribble, a spot up, from the volleyball line deep or different sections of the court. If you had that info then you could evaluate but you don’t. Neither do I. So that’s why I’m not jumping to conclusions.

15 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Hunter and Anderson off the top of my head

I remember Archie talking about Race being able to spread the floor with his shooting also.His film showed s good touch from distance.He and Hunter were both considered good shooters.

12 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Sorry but a simple 3 point percentage isn’t compelling evidence. That doesn’t take into account whether it was off the dribble, a spot up, from the volleyball line deep or different sections of the court. If you had that info then you could evaluate but you don’t. Neither do I. So that’s why I’m not jumping to conclusions.

Lol. Well regardless if these shooters passed Archie’s supposed eye test. 

It’s pretty clear that Archie either isn’t looking for shooters or a poor evaluator of them. Perhaps he should start looking at percentages. 

On 1/1/2020 at 5:55 PM, Alford Bailey said:

Leal may of may not be a "shooter" but I would expect it to take a while for him to get up to speed in the other facets of the game at this level. Goes for all three of our current 2020 recruits.

Geronimo might be the most college ready.  He does seem to get his points from a variety of spots.  Shot 38% from three as a junior — not sure what he is shooting this year.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:33 AM, Woodson1980 said:

I remember Archie talking about Race being able to spread the floor with his shooting also.His film showed s good touch from distance.He and Hunter were both considered good shooters.

They’ve come to die in Archie’s system, much like a quarterback who plays his home games at Soldier Field.