Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 14 - @ Maryland 1/4/20)

This game breaks my heart.  Do I pick with my heart or my head?  My heart says Hoosiers.  My head says Terps.

In Indiana's last 6 games against major teams we have an offensive average of 70.5.  Out defensive average against the same teams is 70.5.  The days of leading the country in offensive average is long gone and adjustments must be made.  In Maryland's last 5 games against major competition their numbers are 66.4 and 60.0.  Neither team is scoring much right now but Maryland probably has an edge in defense.  That and the home court could be the difference makers.

I seem to remember IU playing Maryland tough in the past.  I also know that IU has not been a good road team.  Don't get me wrong IU can win this game but that depends on so many big ifs.  If IU can get the ball inside and draw fouls, if IU can drive and kick to open shooters, if IU can dominate on the boards, if IU can play defense (Maryland isn't a crazy throw em up 3-point team)., if IU can force turnovers,  if IU can handle the ball without turning it over, we have a chance to win this game.  That is a lot of ifs.

The difference between winning and losing is a 50 point turnaround.  My heart says pick the Hoosiers.  My head says don't be a chump.  I'll still root like crazy for the Hoosiers but I'm picking Maryland.

Maryland 74  Indiana 68