Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Arkansas 12/29 @ 6 pm BTN

20 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Kent Sterling column today makes mention that during Arkansas game, several times plays were called from the bench that weren't run correctly or weren't ran at all. Freelancing or individual wants during portions of that game. Green? Will we see shorter leashes? If that was the case, sure hope so. Of course there will be detractors if that would happen.

Al Durham has been a punching bag lately on this board and I personally hope that the elbow he threw against Arkansas does not effect his playing time going forward.  While he hasn't been playing as well, I don't think you can doubt his effort and drive.  Bottom line is the elbow he threw was out of character and I have no doubt he regretted it.

In terms of Sterling's column -- I haven't read it, but if he knows that is something that happened then he should be naming names.  

22 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Kent Sterling column today makes mention that during Arkansas game, several times plays were called from the bench that weren't run correctly or weren't ran at all. Freelancing or individual wants during portions of that game. Green? Will we see shorter leashes? If that was the case, sure hope so. Of course there will be detractors if that would happen.

If that's the case there'd better be shorter leashes for the player(s) responsible.  Can't let that slide without repercussions.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

If that's the case there'd better be shorter leashes for the player(s) responsible.  Can't let that slide without repercussions.

We do know that it wasn't Davis.  Dude was in for like two plays and committed fouls before he had a chance not to run the right play.

If so Archie would get a ton of support from folks like me if he would bench or kick off players who are not bought in. Last year he had that chance and it was all talk.

Bench em. I would rather send a message and lose than barely win or even worse lose with those that aren’t team players.

Sure we want to win but if say the Crean recruits aren’t buying in then they don’t play at all. Archie talks as if he is going to do something but kids still seem to play a lot of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If so Archie would get a ton of support from folks like me if he would bench or kick off players who are not bought in. Last year he had that chance and it was all talk.

Bench em. I would rather send a message and lose than barely win or even worse lose with those that aren’t team players.

Sure we want to win but if day the Crean recruits aren’t buying in then they don’t play at all. Archie talks as if he is going to do something but kids still seem to play a lot of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed I would rather play walk ons than play these guys. 

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Slow day for IU basketball so just a little something from IndianaHQ.    In total, Archie Miller used 16 unique lineups against Arkansas. Here's the breakdown of the best five players on the floor in our Lineup Report.

Time for Phinisee to start