Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Arkansas 12/29 @ 6 pm BTN

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Northwestern Nebraska Iowa, Rutgers and Purdue once, Minny once maybe twice, Illinois once, Wisky at home.

ALL of those teams have serious issues too.

Off the top of my head

Let’s be honest here saying we should win any road game in conference is optimistic. 

And let’s be honest historically Archie can’t win all the games he’s supposed to. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Let’s be honest here saying we should win any road game in conference is optimistic. 

And let’s be honest historically Archie can’t win all the games he’s supposed to. 

If we’re gonna be honest and base it in empirical evidence?

1) Even truly crappy teams (which is not likely our fate) usually win one or two conference road games.

2) Almost no teams win all the games they’re supposed to.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1) Even truly crappy teams (which is not likely our fate) usually win one or two conference road games.

Agreed. But basically we need to win every game we should win to make the tourney. And that’s not likely. And so far Archie has shown he’s more likely to lose a game we should win than the other way around. 

26 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t see it. What 9 big ten teams are we going to beat. 

I said it would put us in the tourney. 10-10 was also my pre-season prediction but I am not very confident at this point. A blow-out at Wiscy, and needing OT to beat Nebraska at home, eerily reminds me of last year. 

That being said, let’s see what happens. The next 6 games are an interesting mix of:

one road game I assume we will lose (@MD), 

one home game I assume  (hope) we will win (NW)

two road games against teams that were considered to be weak but now look like more of a threat than anticipated (Rutgers and NB)

two home games against ranked, which we tend to “get-up” for, opponents (OSU and MSU). The OSU game will be nuts, especially if RMK is in the house.

We are in great shape if we can go 4-2, ok at 3-3 but anything less than that will really leave a difficult uphill climb to the tourney.

After grades were posted for the semester. You don't have to listen to my story, I'm fine either way or I can post some other place. 

Yep, he was booted after the spring semester before we had to renew the scholarship for the following year (mid May before first summer session is the deadline for that). Essentially we just didn’t renew his scholarship and Gelon found out in the exit meetings in April. He left in good academic standing while completing a full year. That’s why he didn’t hurt our APR.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah I think any team will be lucky to win 3 to 5 road games this year in conference.

17 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I said it would put us in the tourney. 10-10 was also my pre-season prediction but I am not very confident at this point. A blow-out at Wiscy, and needing OT to beat Nebraska at home, eerily reminds me of last year. 

That being said, let’s see what happens. The next 6 games are an interesting mix of:

one road game I assume we will lose (@MD), 

one home game I assume  (hope) we will win (NW)

two road games against teams that were considered to be weak but now look like more of a threat than anticipated (Rutgers and NB)

two home games against ranked, which we tend to “get-up” for, opponents (OSU and MSU). The OSU game will be nuts, especially if RMK is in the house.

We are in great shape if we can go 4-2, ok at 3-3 but anything less than that will really leave a difficult uphill climb to the tourney.

I get your point. Nothing about this team is interesting to me at this point sadly. 

It’s ugly basketball which is great if you are winning. But we don’t. 

My free time is so limited. I’m not sure how I can keep justifying saving it for IU basketball. When I know exactly what is going to happen 

I think Kenpom has Ohio St as the only B1G team favored to win 4 games on the road. Obviously they can win more, but that shows the parity in conference this year. I think if we win 3-5 road games that is a fantastic year and we are a top 4 seed in the tournament. Most likely we win 2 or so and it will be interesting to see where that puts us.

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This couldn't be more wrong. This fanbase truly believes the only way for us to get back to greatness is the inside out approach. Lack of in-state recruiting was probably the top factor for Crean losing the fans outside of the inconsistency.

What the fanbase believes is truly irrelevant.

I would argue that as a recruit I wouldn't want to come to a town where the fan base acts like idiots after every loss, calling out players or coaches. Or going on social media to trash a recruit who picks a different school. Or going to a school, that is going to fire the coach after 3 years if he isn't winning enough for the fans. 

It happens at every school. It’s part of the job and the territory.

Facts are my agenda.  Facts disagree with this story.  What's your agenda?

You did this with USPS and now with Chris007 - you're assuming you know the facts while credible individuals are disputing your 'facts'. Nothing is ever as clear to us outsiders, so I don't know how you can assume you know this to be true.

A little digging (explainations above) also provide a pretty clear and plausible explanation for Gelon. As for LOI's, who knows, but it's a pretty tough look if the kids wanted to remain committed to pull the rug out from under them in the late spring when Archie came on.

What big names were even mentioned? Holtman and Marshall were probably the only other two legitimate names that came up.

I don’t think it even has to be a big name. A coach has to start somewhere. But Archie’s philosophies just aren’t good here. They don’t work. It’d be different if we had an efficient offense but it’s awful. We just need a coach that can run good offenses. Pretty much all of the great coaches were good with offenses. Defense just comes from hustle and communication. We aren’t going anywhere with Archie and there’s no excitement. I’ve been to about 20 Hoosier Hysteria’s in my life, this years was the most boring one ever and its kept getting worse. There’s no excitement anymore. It’s just hoping.

I don’t think it even has to be a big name. A coach has to start somewhere. But Archie’s philosophies just aren’t good here. They don’t work. It’d be different if we had an efficient offense but it’s awful. We just need a coach that can run good offenses. Pretty much all of the great coaches were good with offenses. Defense just comes from hustle and communication. We aren’t going anywhere with Archie and there’s no excitement. I’ve been to about 20 Hoosier Hysteria’s in my life, this years was the most boring one ever and its kept getting worse. There’s no excitement anymore. It’s just hoping.

If defense is just hustle and communication, what are you communicating if there are no principals to defense? Saying that is just ludicrous. Yes you need those, but you are working towards a common purpose of principals to stop an opponent. Is what we are doing working defensively? I think so EXCEPT when we get lazy offensively. Players are not getting back. They are not communicating. We spend too much time trying to force a ball handler off of a straight line we in turn are out of position. I am cool with the pack line concepts, but we are over aggressive without any chance of getting any turnovers. I think I am more disappointed in our defense than I am our offense right now. And our offense is not good. It’s TJD or bust right now and we aren’t actively looking for him.