Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Arkansas 12/29 @ 6 pm BTN

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

Do we have 27 and 29 wins in store for us the next two years?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Let’s hang on to Archie so we can barely make the tourney this year (I think we miss it at this rate), miss it in 2021 because TJD leaves for NBA after this season, and then 2022 is a toss up.  Yup we’re in great shape folks.  Imagine true basketball schools functioning the way Indiana does- we are EMBARRASSING.  IU has become a joke, we are Nebraska football, an antiquated giant that cant get out of its own way.

This acceptance of mediocrity is a huge problem in the administration (they have loads of issues) and fanbase.  I love when I see other IU fans call us impatient.  We spent 9 years with Tom f’in Crean, get out of here with that nonsense.  And unfortunately, IMO the future is not bright.  3 star recruits will not change that, and none of the existing players outside of TJD look to be anything special.  I had high hopes for Hunter and RP, but they’re porcelain dolls at this point. Does anyone else on this roster excite you? Race, Damezi, Smith, Durham???  We are in really bad shape if TJD leaves, and why the heck wouldn’t he. 

As fans, we need to stand up and demand change from the top down.  This includes the president, AD, BOT, compliance department a$$ puppets, and coaches.  All five of those areas need to make serious changes.  A coaching change is not going to cure the cancer that has grown in the IU administration for the last 20+ years.  

Make basketball a priority or get out of the way, should be the cry from this fanbase, not “let’s give Arch 2 more years”.  Today’s recruits want fast paced, offense focused basketball.  I knew this style would fail miserably- it’s no wonder we keep missing on guard recruits.  At least Crean’s teams were fun to watch most of the time.  Would you want to play the pack line and be a part of this horrendous offense???  I’m not saying Archie needs to 100% be fired, but he needs to change his coaching style and philosophy ASAP, or he’ll be gone... once we give him the obligatory 5 years many of you think he deserves.  

Edited by hoohoome2

12 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

If Archie is truly perplexed about how difficult it is to recruit elite talent to IU that begs the question as to why. Is it the city? The school? Is it Archie himself? The administration handcuffing the coaching staff?

I don’t understand how IU can set lofty expectations while making it hard to achieve them. Something has to give.

We have to remember that teenage boys aren't looking at the program the same way we do. To them, it's a program that usually isn't very good, but had good teams when their parents were growing up. 

Archie Miller also doesn't strike me as having the type of personality that teenagers would be drawn to. 

7 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

If Archie is truly perplexed about how difficult it is to recruit elite talent to IU that begs the question as to why. Is it the city? The school? Is it Archie himself? The administration handcuffing the coaching staff?

I don’t understand how IU can set lofty expectations while making it hard to achieve them. Something has to give.

I could argue that the fanbase is handcuffing him by demanding that he recruits Indiana first.  I would love to see us recruiting the best players in the nation, not just the state.

But then again, I'm not sure Archie could win with better players either.

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

I could argue that the fanbase is handcuffing him by demanding that he recruits Indiana first.  I would love to see us recruiting the best players in the nation, not just the state.

This is ridiculous.  Archie said in his introductory press conference that HIS top recruiting priority was in-state.  The idea that a fanbase has any influence is myopic nonsense.

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

Handcuffing him with All American's like TJD and Romeo? lol 

5 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Handcuffing him with All American's like TJD and Romeo? lol 

And Damezi Anderson?  Sure, he landed two great in state players (really only one in my book, Romeo was not as good as advertised,  or Archie just couldn't develop him) but he doesn't focus on top recruits across the country.  Why only focus in one area?  Why limit your resources?

17 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

This is ridiculous.  Archie said in his introductory press conference that HIS top recruiting priority was in-state.  The idea that a fanbase has any influence is myopic nonsense.

My apologies sir for posting what you deem to be ridiculous nonsense.

Ok, so if the fanbase isn't demanding it (which they are), then he's handcuffing himself.

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

And Damezi Anderson?  Sure, he landed two great in state players (really only one in my book, Romeo was not as good as advertised,  or Archie just couldn't develop him) but he doesn't focus on top recruits across the country.  Why only focus in one area?  Why limit your resources?

I get what you are saying. I'm disappointed we've not had success outside the state. But at least he's getting the likes of Romeo and TJD when they are available. The issue is is that both were the best players on a bad Indiana team. We desperately need shooters and talent. 

22 minutes ago, Josh said:

My apologies sir for posting what you deem to be ridiculous nonsense.

Ok, so if the fanbase isn't demanding it (which they are), then he's handcuffing himself.

He is not hand cuffing himself. The issue/challenge has been that he has gone after plenty of out of state players but hasn’t landed most of the good ones he has recruited. 

Archie has not been forced to just go after Indiana players.

In 2019 5/23 of our offers went to Indiana players (that counts Stewart of Lumiere as being an Indiana player).

In 2020 2/16 of our offers went to Indiana players.

In 2019/2020 we offered 7 point guards and 6 combo guards. All were from out of state and we did not land any of them.  

Just now, DChoosier said:

Archie has not been forced to just go after Indiana players.

In 2019 5/23 of our offers went to Indiana players (that counts Stewart of Lumiere as being an Indiana player).

In 2020 2/16 of our offers went to Indiana players.

In 2019/2020 we offered 7 point guards. All were from out of state and we did not land any of them.  

I didn't realize it was that bad. If there was a pie chart on why we aren't landing our top players, how much is because of Archie? i.e. terrible offensive sets and pack line defense first attitude. And how much of it is IU's compliance department and or facilities handcuffing Archie?

I feel bad for Rob. Early in his freshman year he obviously had the talent, temperament and “it factor” to run a team. Due to a multitude of health issues it is clear he is not back to where he was early in his freshman year. Hope he gets back to normal, from a health and conditioning standpoint, for his sake and the team.  

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I would argue that as a recruit I wouldn't want to come to a town where the fan base acts like idiots after every loss, calling out players or coaches. Or going on social media to trash a recruit who picks a different school. Or going to a school, that is going to fire the coach after 3 years if he isn't winning enough for the fans. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would argue that as a recruit I wouldn't want to come to a town where the fan base acts like idiots after every loss, calling out players or coaches. Or going on social media to trash a recruit who picks a different school. Or going to a school, that is going to fire the coach after 3 years if he isn't winning enough for the fans. 

Yet Kentucky keeps reeling them in...

1 hour ago, Ranger78 said:

I would give serious thought about giving Cooper some playing time. That was some of the worse guard play I've ever seen. And this isn't blaming the players and not the coach. The coach is responsible for the W / L - period.

I've seen Cooper play over 100 times from 6th grade to college. He can't play at this level. He would get eaten alive on defense. He needs to just be happy to have a spot on the bench.