Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Arkansas 12/29 @ 6 pm BTN

Of course we want that. I want a final four caliber team right now. But it wouldn't be reasonable to cut bait because we aren't a final four contender at that point. Making the tournament is what we should be focusing on right now, as much as it sucks to say that. 

I think we can cut bait knowing Archie just isn’t going to get any better. No reason to delay the inevitable like we kept doing with Davis and Crean.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He tried hard to get better, more guards. Whiffed on at least 3 or 4 of them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

True. He’s known he needs better guards. Just can’t sell them on Indiana. Things aren’t going to be easier for him going forward. The book is out on him. His offense is one of the worst brands I’ve ever had to suffer through watching. Very interested in who our next AD will be.

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It wasn’t just this game. But the same crap from year 1 is still here. Including Archie’s decision making. I’ve never seen such terrible substitution patterns. It’s embarrassing. This is now 5 crappy games after FSU. What happened last season? Beat Marquette and looked great and then look bad for 7-8 games straight. And all people said was “well we are still 9-2.”

I don’t have answers either. But Scheyer is going to get picked up by a team eventually unless he’s being groomed to take over when K leaves. But man, we need something to excite the fan base and make it fun to watch the games again.

The guard play down the stretch is why we lost that game.

I'm not sure how excited the fan base would be with Scheyer, but maybe he's the answer.

Of course we want that. I want a final four caliber team right now. But it wouldn't be reasonable to cut bait because we aren't a final four contender at that point. Making the tournament is what we should be focusing on right now, as much as it sucks to say that. 

Yes but IU may not be better next year or the year after. It may not be be reasonable to fire Archie unless we have a replacement. But I doubt Archie lasts 2 more full seasons of this

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think we can cut bait knowing Archie just isn’t going to get any better. No reason to delay the inevitable like we kept doing with Davis and Crean.

Not after 3 years. I am almost positive that Archie won't be cut loose after 3 years. It just isn't happening. He's going to get at least 4. If he makes the tournament this year or next he'll get more. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not after 3 years. I am almost positive that Archie won't be cut loose after 3 years. It just isn't happening. He's going to get at least 4. If he makes the tournament this year or next he'll get more. 

God such a low bar. Oh you made the tourney. Why don’t you stay another 3 years. That being said I don’t think we make the tourney. 

The guard play down the stretch is why we lost that game.
I'm not sure how excited the fan base would be with Scheyer, but maybe he's the answer.

I just think it’s best to have an offensive minded coach in today’s game. It’s what sells to recruits and it can win games now. Good players can play defense. Crean wasn’t a great defensive coach yet had 3 teams were pretty decent on defense and pretty good on offense and two of them won B1G titles. The problem was his recruiting. Archie has done fairly decent recruiting. The problem is, he can’t seem to coach or develop players. That’s a massive issue.

He won’t because the administration doesn’t have any balls and hasn’t for years. And it’s ruined the program to where there’s almost no return.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

God such a low bar. Oh you made the tourney. Why don’t you stay another 3 years. That being said I don’t think we make the tourney. 

No argument from me man. Sadly it's where the program's at right now. 

Writing is on the wall. Archie will be let go after 5 seasons. We will make the tourney this year. Next year miss. Recruiting will suffer. New AD not tied to the hire will let him go after a disappointing 5th season. 

Lol my point is why wait 2 more years? Take this year and next to find our guy, hire him and move on from Archie. Find a way to pay the new coach $8m a year

1 minute ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Lol my point is why wait 2 more years? Take this year and next to find our guy, hire him and move on from Archie. Find a way to pay the new coach $8m a year

Wont happen that quick at IU

38 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Writing is on the wall. Archie will be let go after 5 seasons. We will make the tourney this year. Next year miss. Recruiting will suffer. New AD not tied to the hire will let him go after a disappointing 5th season. 

I fully expect the next AD to be Fred Glass 2.0.  Status quo will continue with no accountability and excuses instead of expectations. 

If you were a guard with NBA aspirations or simply one more year to play. Would you want to play in this system. I think the honest answer is no. 

A system indicates there is process and I don’t see that. I’ve been asking since year 1, what is our offense supposed to look like? People have made excuses about lack of shooters and Crean’s leftover players but he’s had time to get a few key pieces in there and hasn’t done it.

It’s not like he needs to replace an entire 13 man roster with sharpshooters, just 1 or two that can come off screens and knock down the open 3, even a Roth or Zeisloft would do but he hasn’t done it