Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Arkansas 12/29 @ 6 pm BTN

28 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

Man, just so frustrating. I’m normally an Archie supporter, but have to admit I’m starting to think if one of “the best young coaches in the game” can’t win and be more consistent here, who can?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Any of us on this board could have coached a win tonight.  It's freaking basketball not astrophysics.  :)

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

It’s always reversible. Just need the right coach. Not giving up on Archie yet. But he needs to make the NCAA this year. 

There are so many more things working against this program than the person coaching it. 

We have a president who filches money from the athletic department and uses it to build study halls. 

We have a concussion policy that puts players through a test so hard that even players who aren't concussed may fail it. 

We have a compliance department that probably tells the NCAA if someone didn't flush a toilet. 

A fish rots from the head down. Archie Miller and his flawed philosophies are just a small part of what's holding us back. 

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

You want guarantees on anything, don’t watch sports.  That’s just silly.

So if keeping him has brought disappointing results, why not replace him'?  He is what he's proven to be.  

2 minutes ago, Adillac said:

Arkansas is not a very good team. This loss hurts. Almost no touches in the paint in the 2nd half had me screaming at the TV. Let them double team TJD then pass it back out. Maybe some baseline action? Alley-oops? Pick n roll? There had to have been something the coaching staff could have drawn up to get TJD/Smith some decent looks. Green chucking up 3s is so old and lazy. Anyways....my initial reaction to this game was "ARCHIE IS THE WORST", etc....and that may be the case, but I'm still waiting on next year for better (hopefully) shooters- Leal, Galloway.

This loss really sucks and potentially hurts our post-season hopes, because I'd be shocked if we are .500 in conference games. Not sure what else to say about this coach, team, and program.

Leak and Galloway will need time. Won’t fix our problems next year.

Serious question: what coach would come to IU? Our compliance department is going to watch everything you do to ensure your within the rules. Our fan base will question everything you do. I’m really not trying to bash anyone posting. I just not sure who we can pull in at this point. I personally think we need to give coach Miller some more time. But.....if that’s not an option and we need to go with someone else., who the hell would want the job?

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

There are so many more things working against this program than the person coaching it. 

We have a president who filches money from the athletic department and uses it to build study halls. 

We have a concussion policy that puts players through a test so hard that even players who aren't concussed may fail it. 

We have a compliance department that probably tells the NCAA if someone didn't flush a toilet. 

A fish rots from the head down. Archie Miller and his flawed philosophies are just a small part of what's holding us back. 

This is 100% correct. IU has pissed on its greatest athletic program for 20 years now. But that's another thread...

Arkansas is not a very good team. This loss hurts. Almost no touches in the paint in the 2nd half had me screaming at the TV. Let them double team TJD then pass it back out. Maybe some baseline action? Alley-oops? Pick n roll? There had to have been something the coaching staff could have drawn up to get TJD/Smith some decent looks. Green chucking up 3s is so old and lazy. Anyways....my initial reaction to this game was "ARCHIE IS THE WORST", etc....and that may be the case, but I'm still waiting on next year for better (hopefully) shooters- Leal, Galloway.
This loss really sucks and potentially hurts our post-season hopes, because I'd be shocked if we are .500 in conference games. Not sure what else to say about this coach, team, and program.

I don’t know that I want to give Archie anymore time. I’m at a loss and just gonna hop off here I guess

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie’s system worked in a lower level of competition. Not like he was winning in the Big a ten before 

That's the problem with these "mid major" guys.  They can win based on one side of the ball. When you get to the big time you need a complete team -- offense and defense.  Unfortunately, Archie hasn't adjusted offensively.  That's bad coaching. The good coaches always adapt.  I'm afraid this could be a cluster F for a while.  

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We have a concussion policy that puts players through a test so hard that even players who aren't concussed may fail it

Which means we'll have Dolson or another fundraiser guy as our AD instead of a current AD with or without IU ties that may know what it takes to win in the big college sports in the 21st century.

Just now, Ranger78 said:

Serious question: what coach would come to IU? Our compliance department is going to watch everything you do to ensure your within the rules. Our fan base will question everything you do. I’m really not trying to bash anyone posting. I just not sure who we can pull in at this point. I personally think we need to give coach Miller some more time. But.....if that’s not an option and we need to go with someone else., who the hell would want the job?

A coach that can win consistently in the time it take a newborn to get potty trained is not going to have a problem here 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

So if keeping him has brought disappointing results, why not replace him'?  He is what he's proven to be.  

Cool.  Then fire him right now, right?  Maybe just not bother to play the rest of the season since the past is necessarily what the future will be.

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

That's the problem with these "mid major" guys.  They can win based on one side of the ball. When you get to the big time you need a complete team -- offense and defense.  Unfortunately, Archie hasn't adjusted offensively.  That's bad coaching. The good coaches always adapt.  I'm afraid this could be a cluster F for a while.  

How many successful high major guys did not start out as successful mid major guys?

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

While that may be, we still have talent and will always have talent. We might have a ceiling of Bo Ryan Wisconsin under this administration, but it still comes down to coaching to get us to that level. 

17 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Which has zero to do with calling Musselman a first year coach.  That was an idiotic statement.  Was Archie a first year coach two years ago?

You're apparently the idiot, did you even read the post I was replying to with the Musselman being a first year coach?   The poster said that Archie needs more time, with this only being his third year at IU.  I pointed out that he just lost to a coach in their first year at their school, I did not say Musselman is a rookie coach, that's on you if you can't comprehend.