Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Arkansas 12/29 @ 6 pm BTN

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

So he made the tourney in year 2 almost like that’s reasonable or something 

Which has zero to do with calling Musselman a first year coach.  That was an idiotic statement.  Was Archie a first year coach two years ago?

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

That was the perfect example of how not to close a game. Green did his absolute best to make sure he’d nail the trifecta of terrible plays.

The coaching did IU no favors but at the end of the day the players have to make plays. I saw plenty of times where TJD was open and sealed his man in the post only to have the ball reversed. It was just agree this time but Phin did it too. Are the other players getting upset TJD is dominating?

Free throws?! Good lord, we take a Christmas break and then forget how to make FTs.

Not a bad loss in the NET system but a frustrating one after having solid leads in the second half.

Need to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I haven’t read the thread and don’t want to given the outcome but wanted to say this.

Green playing crazy, selfish hero ball and not getting it into the bigs and moving the ball has to stop. One time it’s on him, after that it’s on the staff. Get him out as soon as it starts and sit him until the next game.

He saved us against FSU and killed us otherwise

The played 7 guys and were in crazy foul trouble until green did green things

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just figure we are a bubble team program going forward. It will make everyone much happier.

We need 2 more dudes that can play. Or shoot. And TJD to stay or else next year will be uglier.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

In the last year, I've slowly begun to accept that this is just what we are now. We're the Hank Hill of college basketball programs. Always lamenting about how we just aren't that good anymore and things just aren't what they used to be. I used to think we could get back to elite status, but with each year that passes and all the failure that comes with it, I think at some point the damage just isn't reversible. 

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Never disappoints.  After every loss, just fire the coach.  That’s always been the way  to build a program.

Is there a guarantee that we'll be good if we keep him?  Otherwise this claim is invalid.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

In the last year, I've slowly begun to accept that this is just what we are now. We're the Hank Hill of college basketball programs. Always lamenting about how we just aren't that good anymore and things just aren't what they used to be. I used to think we could get back to elite status, but with each year that passes and all the failure that comes with it, I think at some point the damage just isn't reversible. 

It’s always reversible. Just need the right coach. Not giving up on Archie yet. But he needs to make the NCAA this year. 

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We're the Hank Hill of college basketball programs. Always lamenting about how we just aren't that good anymore and things just aren't what they used to be.

Man we are the Bill Dauterive of college basketball.

Arkansas is not a very good team. This loss hurts. Almost no touches in the paint in the 2nd half had me screaming at the TV. Let them double team TJD then pass it back out. Maybe some baseline action? Alley-oops? Pick n roll? There had to have been something the coaching staff could have drawn up to get TJD/Smith some decent looks. Green chucking up 3s is so old and lazy. Anyways....my initial reaction to this game was "ARCHIE IS THE WORST", etc....and that may be the case, but I'm still waiting on next year for better (hopefully) shooters- Leal, Galloway.

This loss really sucks and potentially hurts our post-season hopes, because I'd be shocked if we are .500 in conference games. Not sure what else to say about this coach, team, and program.