Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Arkansas 12/29 @ 6 pm BTN

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Exactly who is going to replace Archie? Are you guys willing to go through ANOTHER rebuild? We're not done with the current rebuild, we have Tom Crean recruits still on this team that continue to hurt us (sometimes help). 

At this point, I wouldn't mind as long we played something other than pack-line defense. I'm sick and f*cking tired of teams raining threes on us while we defend like we're on rollerskates. 

Jesus Christ....if you are going to fire shots, at least be accurate.  Eric Musselman is now a first year coach?  Yeah, at Arkansas.  Dude just won 110 games in four years at Nevada and made three straight tournament appearances.

NCAA tournament appearance? What’s that? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm officially on the can his @$$ wagon. He is showing absolutely no growth 3 and 1/3-1/2 into the his career at IU. This is not getting it done. I'm stupid, clearly I'm not seeing the big picture, I'm a need satisfaction now person, I don't know basketball, I'm not a real fan, I'm a troll because I (to you) only post negatively and any other excuse that can be thrown my way. Face the facts pumpers he's not getting us a 6th and there is zero you have to back you that would suggest otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Sorry 2+
And before I get roasted yes I edited my post to say 2+ years in

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just now, Treesh said:

Exactly who is going to replace Archie? Are you guys willing to go through ANOTHER rebuild? We're not done with the current rebuild, we have Tom Crean recruits still on this team that continue to hurt us (sometimes help). 

Most of the team is his, it's on him.  Even some of those Crean recruits have only played for Miller.

It doesn't years and years, it gets shown time after time.  It happens here because the administration let's it, they make excuses and hold no one accountable.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Jesus Christ....if you are going to fire shots, at least be accurate.  Eric Musselman is now a first year coach?  Yeah, at Arkansas.  Dude just won 110 games in four years at Nevada and made three straight tournament appearances.

So he made the tourney in year 2 almost like that’s reasonable or something 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Good coaches don’t always need rebuilds. Why do people think you have to have a rebuild. Holtmann didn’t need a rebuild. Sean Miller didn’t need a rebuild. Arkansas apparently didn’t. 

archie is making mistakes that time won’t solve. He’s had more than enough time to get shooters and he should have known his Packline was done with the rule change 

Fair point.

My candiate list was had Holtmann. The list also had Brad Stevens, Chris Collins, Mike White, and Archie. 

This was a winnable game for us this evening, it's frustrating I know. But we must remember, we're young. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

At this point, I wouldn't mind as long we played something other than pack-line defense. I'm sick and f*cking tired of teams raining threes on us while we defend like we're on rollerskates. 

Except there is nothing statistically that backs up what you say.  Just because a team hits more threes than us doesn’t make them”rain in threes”.

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Yeah, he's a first year coach at Arkansas,  Archie is on year 3 at IU, I'm not wrong.  People say Archie needs more time, but he keeps losing to other coaches who have been at their schools the same or less than amount of time.

Louisville, Butler, OSU, all lost their coaches and look where those programs are at. The blaming Crean routine is getting really old!

Sent from my SM-G973U using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Treesh said:

Fair point.

My candiate list was had Holtmann. The list also had Brad Stevens, Chris Collins, Mike White, and Archie. 

This was a winnable game for us this evening, it's frustrating I know. But we must remember, we're young. 

Are we young. We start 2 juniors and 2 seniors. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just figure we are a bubble team program going forward. It will make everyone much happier.

We need 2 more dudes that can play. Or shoot. And TJD to stay or else next year will be uglier.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We don't look to have any shooters coming though.  Hell, FTs are the easiest shot in the game and our improvement was going from awful to not good.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

For the record, we put up 20 threes.  That's not a lot of threes.  The problem isn't taking 20.  It's that it seems like a lot because of our lack of shooters.  20 is below the NCAA average.

It seems like we took at least 10 of those then with 10ish minutes to go in the game and a 7ish-9ish point lead, and a huge advantage under the basket.