Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Arkansas 12/29 @ 6 pm BTN

NOTES: Hoosiers Host Arkansas to Close Out Non-Conference Slate

OPENING TIP

Indiana University is in its 120th season of competition in men's basketball and will host Arkansas in its final non-conference game of the season. The Hoosiers are coming off a 62-60 win over Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic on Saturday, while Arkansas defeated Valparaiso, 72-68 in Little Rock that same day. According to ESPN's BPI, the Hoosiers are projected to have the toughest strength of schedule in the country for the remainder of the season IU is currently 29th in the NCAA's NET rankings and 34th according to KenPom.

GAME INFORMATION

Sunday, Dec. 29 • 6 p.m.

Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall (17,222) | Tickets

TV: BTN (Lisa Byington and Dan Bonner) | Watch Online

Radio: IU Radio Network (Don Fischer, Errek Suhr, Joe Smith) | TuneIn

Series History: Tied, 2-2

Last Meeting: at IU 63, ARK 60 - 3/23/19 - NIT Second Round

THE COACHES

Indiana Coach Archie Miller is in his third season of guiding the Cream and Crimson. He is 185-95 in eight-plus years as a head coach, which includes six years at the University of Dayton. His Flyer teams made NCAA Tournament appearances in each of his last four seasons, including a trip to the Elite Eight in 2014. He is 46-32 at IU. Eric Musselman is in his first year with the Razorbacks and came to Fayetteville from Nevada where he was 110-34 from 2015-19. He also has been a head coach at Golden State and Sacramento in the NBA.

NEWS & NOTES

This is the 3rd time in 13 months IU and Arkansas will square off. Arkansas won in Fayetteville, 73-72 in November of 2018, while IU took home a 63-60 win in the 2nd round of the NIT in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in March, 2019. IU is looking to go 12-1 for the first time since 2012-13 and hopes to post an undefeated non-conference schedule for the first time since 2011-12 (13-0). Indiana University guard Armaan Franklin has been named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week, the fourth time a Hoosier has been honored this season. He scored 17 points, including the game-winning three-pointer with 15.7 seconds left against Notre Dame. For the day, he made 5 of 6 field goals, 4 of 5 from three-point range and 3 of 4 free throws. In the final 2:49 he hit a three-pointer, drew a charge that forced a turnover, assisted on the game-tying basket and made the game-winner. Freshman Trayce Jackson-Davis has won or shared the Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors 3 times this season. He is averaging a team-best 15.0 points and 8.9 rebounds. He has had 5 double-doubles in 11 games this season and had 14 points and 7 boards against Notre Dame. Among freshmen, he ranks 2nd in the nation in free throws made (54) and in field goal percentage (65.6%), 3rd in blocked shots (24) and fourth in rebounds (107) and free throw attempts (76). Redshirt junior forward Joey Brunk had 9 points and a career-high 14 rebounds against Notre Dame. Senior Devonte Green had 11 points against Notre Dame and is averaging 12.3 points. He had 18 points against Arkansas in the NIT win a year ago. Junior Justin Smith is averaging 12.7 points and Junior Aljami Durham is averaging 12.2 points.

ODDS AND TRENDS

IU leads the nation in free throws made per game at 19.6 and free throws attempted at 27.9 per game. IU has had 10 players score in double figures at least in one game this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

28 minutes ago, Demo said:

Isaiah Joe shot north of 40% from 3 last year. So far this year he’s shooting south of 35%. He’s gonna bust out on somebody.   Needs to not be today.

Assembly Hall and our pack-line defense can be just what the doctor ordered for a struggling shooter. 

29 minutes ago, Demo said:

Isaiah Joe shot north of 40% from 3 last year. So far this year he’s shooting south of 35%. He’s gonna bust out on somebody.   Needs to not be today.

You know it will be.

EDIT:  Or some random scrub that no one has ever heard of, and never will hear of again.  Ala Wisconsin and that dude they pulled from the stands.

9 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

You know it will be.

EDIT:  Or some random scrub that no one has ever heard of, and never will hear of again.  Ala Wisconsin and that dude they pulled from the stands.

Yeah, that really was an all-timer. Dude with something like 20 career points dropping 30 something in the Big Ten Tournament. Unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I prefer the big ten tournament a hole personally. Maybe that was more than once as well but the guy drilling them from halfcourt was my favorite

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I was at that game everybody in the building not associated with the team knew what we were doing wasn’t working. And I’m including the unborn children. 

Does anyone know how to buy single game student tickets? I bout the season package but so far they haven’t given me a game that was any against a Northwestern Baptist Tech. I was going to say screw it and buy tickets to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I don't remember his name.  I just remember Crean's 'defense' made him look like prime Jordan; his name might have actually been John Doe, or maybe Wilson.

Rob Wilson. A walk-on guard who came in averaging 3 points a game, went on to hit 7 threes and finished with 30. Even the Wisconsin fans were in total disbelief.