Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

IU/Kentucky

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Didn't we think we were getting a series with Kansas awhile back, then it mysteriously fell through, or was that Arizona? Or both? 

I think there was talk of a Kansas one with Crean and talk of an Arizona one after we hired Archie. 

6 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think there was talk of a Kansas one with Crean and talk of an Arizona one after we hired Archie. 

At one time I was all for playing one or both of those teams but since the “pay for play” cheating evidence surfaced, that is clear to EVERYONE except the totally 100% worthless NCAA, I no longer care about playing either. Would much rather schedule Gonzaga or Villanova. 

At one time I was all for playing one or both of those teams but since the “pay for play” cheating evidence surfaced, that is clear to EVERYONE except the totally 100% worthless NCAA, I no longer care about playing either. Would much rather schedule Gonzaga or Villanova. 

It least everyone agrees that we need to schedule a nationally relevant and televised game.

I’d take UK or any of the other ones people are mentioning

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m of the camp of not doing neutral because IU already compromised once, and with UK’s lack of compromise I’m perfectly fine never playing them.

I would love to start a fun home and away series with a west coast or Pac12 team. Gonzaga, Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, etc. I don’t mind having a neutral court game, but there’s nothing better than a rowdy home college crowd, regardless if we are the home or away team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I like the Nova idea. We recruit more out east than we do out west as well if you include PA. Nova has become a national power and if we could do this perhaps with a Couple others (I also like Texas Tech as they might like the idea of a second tier national power group )

I like the idea of playing UConn on a regular basis too.  Maybe do a home/home and a neutral court in MSG or something.

We always have good games with them, and they're definitely a national brand even though they're in a non Power 5 conference.

46 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

2019 has been a completely boring non con schedule. Not one game to get excited about. Whats the point? Not why I became an Indiana fan.

The B1G-ACC draw could've been a lot better, that's for sure. Notre Dame is always fun to beat, but yeah it's been pretty yawn. I could really give a s**t about Arkansas...I think they're trying to start a rivalry but I don't think anyone is buying it.

I’d be good with two home-home + neutral site games. Do a home - home with a Gonzaga, Arizona, or UCLA then neutral site (maybe at a regional or FF site) and a home - home then neutral site with a UConn, Nova, or Pitt.

7 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I’m of the camp of not doing neutral because IU already compromised once, and with UK’s lack of compromise I’m perfectly fine never playing them.

I would love to start a fun home and away series with a west coast or Pac12 team. Gonzaga, Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, etc. I don’t mind having a neutral court game, but there’s nothing better than a rowdy home college crowd, regardless if we are the home or away team.

I don’t think it will ever happen, but I would be fine if the conference were to forego the Big Ten/ACC challenge and go with the  PAC 12 or SEC.  There aren’t natural rivalries with the ACC and I’d prefer new opponents.

17 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

How about we play against the best coach we’ve had between Knight and Miller?  Think Detroit would be up for it?

Sampson was definitely the best coach we've had since Knight if we're just talking coaching abilities. 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:36 AM, RatpigHoosier said:

Here’s an idea. Let’s schedule a Crossroads Classic-like event where we have us, Uof6, O$U, and Texas Tech. I’m sure during those game threads we wouldn’t hear anything about coaching or perceived lost opportunities!

I know you’re joking but I would love for IU to (and think we should) be a part of an event like this. Archie and bro should spearhead another 4 team event that rotates sites. See if UNC, dook, or Kansas will join another one. If not UNC or dook, Louisville or Virginia. If not Kansas, maybe go outside the power 5 with Gonzaga or Nova. I’m fine with the crossroads classic but I can’t stand seeing OSU and MSU being a part of those events every year while we play in an event no one cares about outside of the state.