Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs #10 UCLA - Sunday, 12/22/19 @ Noon

A Top 15 matchup will conclude non-conference play as No. 12 Indiana hosts undefeated No. 10 UCLA on Sunday at Noon. The game will be live on Big Ten Network.

NO. 12/14 INDIANA (10-1) VS. NO. 10/10 UCLA (10-0)
Sunday, December 22, 2019 • 12 p.m. ET
Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall • Bloomington, Ind.  
Broadcast: BTN (Lisa Byington, Tyra Buss)
Radio: WHCC 105.1 FM (Greg Murray)
Live Stats: Sidearm
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Promotions

• ALS Awareness Game – fans are encouraged to wear red to support ALS Awareness. IU will wear their red visiting jerseys.
  • First 350 fans get an IUWBB coffee mug (south lobby)
  • Teddy Bear Toss – fans who bring a stuffed animal for the first-ever Teddy Bear Toss will receive $4 admission (discount available only at the ticket window on Sunday). 

ABOUT THE COACHES

Indiana UCLA
Teri Moren Cori Close
Career Record: 312-197 (16th Season) Career Record: 182-99 (9th Season)
Indiana Record: 113-67 (5th Season) UCLA Record: 182-99 (9th Season)

ABOUT THE BRUINS
UCLA comes to Bloomington after a 59-50 win over Georgia on Thursday afternoon. They are led by senior guard Michaela Onyenwere who averages 19.2 points and 7.0 rebounds per game and shooting 50.7 percent from the floor. Senior guard Japreece Dean adds 13.0 points per contest and 6.4 assists per game. The Bruins shoot 42 percent from the floor and average 75.6 points per game. They are one of 11 teams left undefeated on the year.

SERIES HISTORY
Series tied 1-1

LAST MEETING
12/2/18 – W, 67-65 (Los Angeles, Calif.)

NOTES

• This will be the first ever matchup in Indiana Women's Basketball history where both teams are ranked in the Top 25. With the Hoosiers at their highest ever ranking at No. 12 in the Associated Press poll and No. 14 in the USA Today/WBCA Coaches poll it marks the first time IU has had a chance to play a ranked opponent in its building this season.
  • Indiana will hold its annual ALS Awareness Game in honor of IU head coach Teri Moren's mother Barbara who passed away from the disease in October 2014. Fans are encouraged to wear red and IU will wear its visiting red jerseys.
  • Junior guard Jaelynn Penn is on the verge of becoming the 27th member of the program's 1,000-point club. The Louisville, Ky. native is 15 points shy (985) of reaching the scoring milestone heading in to Sunday's game.
  • Five players are scoring in double figures for Indiana behind 13.9 points from sophomore guard Grace Berger along with redshirt junior guard Ali Patberg (12.5 ppg.), senior forward Brenna Wise (11.7 ppg.), freshman forward Mackenzie Holmes (11.3 ppg.) and Penn (10.1 ppg.).
  • They are ranked in the top 15 in a couple of NCAA categories this season including fourth in field goal percentage (49.5 percent), ninth in field goal percentage defense (32.1), 11th in scoring defense (52.4) and scoring margin (+24.7).
  • Indiana and UCLA played each other for the first time in nearly 45 years when they met up in Westwood last season. The Hoosiers used a 3-pointer from Jaelynn Penn with 29 seconds to play to pick up the 67-65 victory at Pauley Pavilion on Dec. 2, 2018.

UP NEXT
Indiana opens up Big Ten play at home against No. 19 Michigan State on Saturday, Dec. 28 at 6 p.m. ET.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

UCLA is overrated imo. We should win this game easily as we have been battle tested and UCLA has played mostly cream puffs.  Anyone going to this game?

I'm planning on attending the game tomorrow. Should be a great test for us right before we start conference play. 

12 hours ago, LockdownD said:

I'm planning on attending the game tomorrow. Should be a great test for us right before we start conference play. 

Yes the big ten is better this year than the last 2 years imo but with the non con we played against we should be ready. I dont mean to sound boastful saying we will win easily, I just have seen ucla play several times this year and they just arent on our level imo. We will see. Hell I think we can beat Maryland too

Ain't going good so far, 15-4 UCLA nearing the end of the 1st quarter. I flip over and the first thing I see is two players go for the rebound and knock it away from each other resulting in a free possession for UCLA and now don't even get a shot off with 6.6 sec left. 15-4 UCLA after 1.

We beat South Carolina when they were No. 5 and hung with Baylor for three quarters when they were No. 2. Cannot figure out why all of the sudden we can't play against the No. 10 team -- in the Hall. 

Just can't make a bucket. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

We beat South Carolina when they were No. 5 and hung with Baylor for three quarters when they were No. 2. Cannot figure out why all of the sudden we can't play against the No. 10 team -- in the Hall. 

Just can't make a bucket. 

Have the women played a zone yet? The little I've seen they're completely lost. OMG we scored!

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Too amped to start the game and couldn’t throw it in the ocean from a boat. They’ve settled down a bit but are getting handled on the defensive boards.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On one play, two of our gals went after a rebound and it bounced off both their hands -- right to a UCLA player. Need to communicate better. 

On one play, two of our gals went after a rebound and it bounced off both their hands -- right to a UCLA player. Need to communicate better. 

Just did it again a few (game) minutes ago. We just can’t make anything, FTs included! We’re running around with our hair on fire but just can’t make.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app