Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Notre Dame 12/21 Noon ESPN

I've been critical when it's called for and positive when it's warranted as well. I had a lot of positive to say but was watching on delay until their comeback was in full swing. Point being at least in one case the "negative" guy was not able to post during the good stretch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Being critical and trolling, errr being a great fan when the team is playing bad, are two different things. When it’s known these “fans” will show up when the team plays poorly but disappear when things are going well... yeah.

I’m sure they were just mowing the lawn or doing chores when IU is rolling though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IU didn't play particularly well even when they jumped up by 17 points. Their lead was built on Notre Dame's abysmal shooting. Poor play by just about everyone except the two freshman--although Brunk played well the first half. Poor coaching. Archie left essentially the same players in the game who were playing poorly during there 10 minutes when Notre Dame made their way back. IU was very lucky to win. It is hard to see how this team wins 8 more conference games once the new year begins.

Armaan Franklin had 1 foul but only played 14 minutes. I find that to be an issue. I think it’s time to tell Green or Durham to come off the bench. Franklin should be the starting 2 guard for the remainder of the season. He’s proven to be more consistent than Green, Al and Rob all year long.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

IU didn't play particularly well even when they jumped up by 17 points. Their lead was built on Notre Dame's abysmal shooting. Poor play by just about everyone except the two freshman--although Brunk played well the first half. Poor coaching. Archie left essentially the same players in the game who were playing poorly during there 10 minutes when Notre Dame made their way back. IU was very lucky to win. It is hard to see how this team wins 8 more conference games once the new year begins.

Archie gets that deer in the headlights look for stretches in a game which is concerning. He kinda snapped out of it after we lost the lead and drew up a couple great plays at the end.

Archie gets that deer in the headlights look for stretches in a game which is concerning. He kinda snapped out of it after we lost the lead and drew up a couple great plays at the end.

He possibly has too much to learn right now. Cause he has a lot.

I was concerned about this game and happy we pulled it out. Pretty amazing to think a win over Ark at home and we run the table in the non con. Gives us a great shot to pick up some good wins in conference and make the dance. That said, the issues weve seen the last few games will b even more pronounced against better competition.

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Armaan Franklin had 1 foul but only played 14 minutes. I find that to be an issue. I think it’s time to tell Green or Durham to come off the bench. Franklin should be the starting 2 guard for the remainder of the season. He’s proven to be more consistent than Green, Al and Rob all year long.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My biggest critique has been guard play or lack thereof.  All mediocre talents. Franklin stepped up today. Not sure he is any better than the rest but he isnt any worse.

We win games because we cause turnovers, rebound and get to the foul line.  Notre Dame is a team that takes care of the ball and doesn't foul.  Today they took care of the ball and took away IU's fast break and they didn't put us on the foul line, where a significant portion our offense comes from.  Not all teams will be able to do that.  Luckily we dominated on the boards and ND started out cold from 3-point range.  ND was not an easy matchup for us.  Glad to have the victory.  We had a big run early in the game and they had a big run in the second half.  The game turned out just as close as Vegas predicted.  Not going to second guess anyone.

My biggest critique has been guard play or lack thereof.  All mediocre talents. Franklin stepped up today. Not sure he is any better than the rest but he isnt any worse.

Our guards have definitely been less than stellar. It seems like at most one can have a good game at a time. Green had his good and bad moments today. He did hit some big jumpers late to keep us close but had some boneheaded shots and passes. Phin looked a bit out of it, as did Durham.

If our guards could just be consistently solid, nothing spectacular, we would be a good team. Take care of the ball, good entry passes, solid defense, and hitting half their open shots. It’s maddening.

He obviously isn’t expected to score a ton, but he’s been the most consistent with the least amount of stupid play.

He obviously isn’t expected to score a ton, but he’s been the most consistent with the least amount of stupid play.

That’s what I’m saying in regards to your last sentence. Maybe I’m not delivering it very clearly. I’ve been home all day with 3 insane children, so I hardly even know my name at this point.

I feel like if we could just get TJD to stay another year and our guards really continue to grow with experience we’ll see a much welcomed improvement in our offensive consistency and, subsequently, efficiency. Al, Armaan, Jerome, and still yet Rob have to tighten it up next year. Al is the only one who isn’t a rookie or hasn’t missed significant time so I remain hopeful.

That could be my problem too. We were trying to pack for our holiday travels and with two young kids, always a pain. Didn’t help my son kept trying to jump on me while sitting on the couch lol.
L