Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Notre Dame 12/21 Noon ESPN

No offense, but if you can’t see how Archie almost cost us the game then I don’t know what to tell you. Brunk and Trace hardly ever saw any touches in the 2nd half except towards the end. Archie was content with our guards dribbling with no real purpose and we wasted away a 16 point lead.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Did you hear about what he told them on the sideline?

Should’ve never been this close, but good plays drawn up by Archie in the past minutes.

Completely deserves the criticism, but also credit where credit it due.

Oh, yeah, Armaan baby

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That out of bounds play for the Jackson-Davis was beautiful. In most games you get the And 1 but..

Archie definitely has his faults. I would have went back to a small lineup and pounded the post when they started cutting into the lead. We really need to play for 40 but glad we punched back today.

Happy with the win, but I really hope Durham can play more consistently. He's going to get a lot of minutes being a Jr, and the games are only going to get tougher. That was not a very good ND team.

I thought it was weird there wasn’t many post through the first half and when we were playing well.

It’s crazy how some show up when things head south. I know, I know we all want Indians to win and I’m a terrible person for pointing that out.

5 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

No offense, but if you can’t see how Archie almost cost us the game then I don’t know what to tell you. Brunk and Trace hardly ever saw any touches in the 2nd half except towards the end. Archie was content with our guards dribbling with no real purpose and we wasted away a 16 point lead.

I guess you don't know what to tell me then... I saw an opponent change their entire defense to take away our strength that was killing them... I guess Brey cost ND the game because they let Franklin shoot 3s... or because he didn't stop our interior game in the first half. 

I am not in the huddle but I'm 100% confident Miller wasn't saying ok we established the inside now we are going to establish the outside... truly show our dominance overall,  forget the inside lets show them we can do everything

That out of bounds play for the Jackson-Davis was beautiful. In most games you get the And 1 but..

Archie definitely has his faults. I would have went back to a small lineup and pounded the post when they started cutting into the lead. We really need to play for 40 but glad we punched back today.

Agree with this. When it mattered most, coaching won IU the game. Two plays where IU really needed buckets and both times were perfectly drawn up plays. Armaan with a wide open three at the top of the key and Trayce with an easy look at the rim.

No Archie and the team were not perfect. For 10 minutes they forgot how to play. But at the end of the game our players executed and theirs did not.

Is that not because of coaching? Or is it only when things are going bad that it is because of the coaching?

I guess you don't know what to tell me then... I saw an opponent change their entire defense to take away our strength that was killing them... I guess Brey cost ND the game because they let Franklin shoot 3s... or because he didn't stop our interior game in the first half. 
I am not in the huddle but I'm 100% confident Miller wasn't saying ok we established the inside now we are going to establish the outside... truly show our dominance overall,  forget the inside lets show them we can do everything

My point is our strength was inside, and even though we were struggling we never went back to it until well after we lost our lead. How many of us bashed Crean for similar things? All of us did, I’m doing the same here. Archie’s offense hasn’t our bigs setting screens with no rolling or cutting action to the rim. It was a guard dribbling outside with no purpose. I guess I don’t see why people are upset with people being frustrated that our offense was awful and nothing was done to correct it.

The offense stayed the same!

I guess I just have to stop looking for a pretty win and just be happy we are winning for now.

Franklin played the game of his life and we needed every bit of it. Congrats to him.

Brunk and TJD in front of his dad were also impressive

20 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

ND took that away. We just didn’t handle the ball well and didn’t look for open outside shots. You can’t just decide to go in the paint if they are giving you the rest court. When Franklin and Green hit shots they were scrambling. A good offense is balanced. A unbalanced offense (like ours) gets exposed

I put this collapse on me! Out with the whole family celebrating 3 of our birthdays at our favorite sports bar. Donning my favorite IU gear we were rolling. Open up some presents and my son gave me some new IU swag. Low and behold a totally AWESOME new Hoosiers hat. Like an idiot I swapped out the dome cover. From 17pts up to down by 3pts, I realized what I had done and told my son the jinx was on. Threw the new hat back in the bag, put the old one back on and the rest is history. Wasn't pretty, but we survived and I felt the relief of knowing that I didn't cost us that one lol! Sorry that I cost us the spread though. That's on me!

Now that’s love. I’m glad you made the right decision and I’m sure your son understands.

Please share!

I didn’t hear anything. Neither did you. Or anyone else.

He obviously kept them within the effective game plan for a long stretch. I don’t think he told them to stop. It goes back to guard play. When they stop responding/thinking, the game plan is no longer effective if they don’t feed the post.

Archie is not faultless. Example: Brunck and TJD didn’t spend enough time on the floor together in the second half, amongst other things. But I’m exhausted by him receiving what is presented as 100% of the blame.

16 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I thought it was weird there wasn’t many post through the first half and when we were playing well.

It’s crazy how some show up when things head south. I know, I know we all want Indians to win and I’m a terrible person for pointing that out.

So you are whining about fans again....