Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This is when you spend the money and go after QB coaches or OC assistants from places like Clemson and Oklahoma. Then go take a look at OC’s from some Group of 5 schools. Can we bring back Kevin Wilson? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We were paying him $800K

like others have said, it is not ideal but is an indication of success. Means we made the right hire and are willing to spend money to do so. 

Thankfully the program has a lot to offer in the search for a new coordinator. First, Tom can point to the success of DeBoer and how it landed him a head coaching position in only 1 year on the job. Second, this is still a young team and the offense should be just as talented next year even with the losses of Hale and Westbrook. Plus we are willing to pay. 

Lot better position to be in than we are used to. 

Yeah it sucks but we aren’t dead because we lost a coordinator. There’s money to spend and several candidates out there that have shown what they can do with lesser athletes. IU is an intriguing place for someone who wants to call plays and make a name for himself. IU returns a bunch of playmakers and talent on the offense. Not to mention most of the big time players have several years left. Will be interesting, I assume Tom will go out and spend money like he did last year. 

7 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Yeah it sucks but we aren’t dead because we lost a coordinator. There’s money to spend and several candidates out there that have shown what they can do with lesser athletes. IU is an intriguing place for someone who wants to call plays and make a name for himself. IU returns a bunch of playmakers and talent on the offense. Not to mention most of the big time players have several years left. Will be interesting, I assume Tom will go out and spend money like he did last year. 

I’m not excited that our guys have to learn and implement another new system. We really need some continuity in that position 

Just now, KzooHoosier82 said:

I’m not excited that our guys have to learn and implement another new system. We really need some continuity in that position 

Yeah continuity is nice and If the Fresno state coach doesn’t get sick which causes him to retire from coaching I’d say deboer stays. It’s a sucky circumstance but I would’ve given deboer 2years anyways if he came to doing anything close like his precious stops. He’s a proven OC and did big things at small college football. Yeah it sucks but we aren’t dead in the water. Guys seemed to catch on pretty quick to an elaborate more complex offense in one offseason. I’ll trust they will learn again. I’m sure Allen goes after a same philosophy guy, wording changes but concept similar to what deboer runs. He will go after someone who is going to get the ball in playmakers hands. 

21 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

jeez it is like Sam sees what Chris posts and then tries to claim it as his own.  Sad.

I really do not care.. but you might check the times stamps on the two posts. SS posted first. (And no I don't think Chris went and read his Twitter and posted here) 

Odd