Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 12 - Notre Dame 12/21/19)

My crystal ball is certainly murky for this game.  This game scares me.  We have a couple of big question marks.  Green is obviously out or hasn't been able to practice this week.  Could that be addition by subtraction or will it doom our outside game.  With the ball in his hands Green strangles our offense.  When he heats up from outside we can play with anyone.  Either way having Green gone will impact our game.  Just don't know which way.  On the other hand Phinisee is back.  The second question is how will we react to a week off for finals.  Hope our boys have been getting some sleep and not burning the midnight oil too much.  Remember those days well.  I know we have practiced but will we come out flat?

Have a bad feeling about this one.  We better guard the line.  ND has averaged 38 3-point attempts over its last three games.  Those guys like to chuck it up and they are shooting 34.2% for the season.  ND made 20 and 15 3-pointers in their last two games.  Sounds like a Crean team, except they are only turning the ball over 11.8% of the time, compared to our 16.1%.  Again our defense better show up.  And, if we are planning on camping out at the free throw line, ND is only averaging 12 fouls/game, one of the best totals in the country.  On the other hand they don't get to the free throw line themselves very often.

Sounds like a tough matchup for the Hoosiers.  However, ND is projected for the lower half of the ACC with a record of 9-11 and an overall record of 18-13.  Their non-conference schedule has been weaker than IU's.  I kid you not.  They have played only two games against group I or group II competition and lost both.  They are 6-0 against the IVs and 2-1 against the IIIs.

Time to shut up and make a prediction.  I'm putting entirely too much thought into this process.  I'm looking at a total of 146 (no overtimes please) and a 4 point IU victory.  That would make the prediction:

IU 75   Notre Dame 71