Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Ok, so I will vent in here instead of the game thread. Allen is a terrible in game coach. Fred Glass knows nothing about sports and was in no position to make this hire without conducting a thorough search. And don’t get me started on Archie Miller.

That terrible in game coach just had the best season FOR IU since forever. I’m sure that’s tearing you up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

While I agree with you on Fred Glass, I thought Allen did an okay job putting the team in a position to win. We make the PaT or field goal and it’s a different ball game.

Allen blew a 13 point fourth quarter lead. Epic choke job. First time this season an FBS school lost when holding such a lead with under five minutes left in the game.

Allen blew a 13 point fourth quarter lead. Epic choke job. First time this season an FBS school lost when holding such a lead with under five minutes left in the game.

He did. If Allen goes 5-7 next year then Fred Glass was sold fools gold with his 7 year extension of him. I’m still bullish on IUFB. I’m not really a CFB fan so maybe I’m just uninformed. TBD

Had a busy day traveling the state then a game tonight. Talked alot of IU football just to get a feel away from this forum. Maybe 10 conversations. Consensus is Allen is recruiting well and has improved the program but his in game coaching is very concerning.

8 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Had a busy day traveling the state then a game tonight. Talked alot of IU football just to get a feel away from this forum. Maybe 10 conversations. Consensus is Allen is recruiting well and has improved the program but his in game coaching is very concerning.

My guess is his in game coaching will improve as it should and normally does with inexperienced head coaches.  You learn the most from failure.  It appears recruiting and motivating 18-22 yr olds is on the right track.  I’m hopeful and expecting him to grow as a head coach and better decision making. You definitely can’t question his passion and love for IU.  

My guess is his in game coaching will improve as it should and normally does with inexperienced head coaches.  You learn the most from failure.  It appears recruiting and motivating 18-22 yr olds is on the right track.  I’m hopeful and expecting him to grow as a head coach and better decision making. You definitely can’t question his passion and love for IU.  

He hasn’t learned a single thing and he’s 3 years in. He’s not learning. This is who he is.

This is kind of where I am. If he stays where he is and his ceiling is winning the games we should that would still make us bowl eligible most years. Being bowl eligible will help with recruiting and getting more talent will help over come poor coaching even if he does not improve.

This is Indiana football after all. We have a guy who loves being here and the kids seem to live playing for him. He took us to a bowl with a few games to spare.

I am fine with the state of the program right now.