Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Fred already taking steps to distance himself from his replacement?

Fred Glass says that he won't formally help in the selection process for Indiana's next athletic director. That will be 100% run by President McRobbie.

oh god

Does that eliminate him from contention?

No. Just means when IU would be brought up he has to leave the room. It might have to do that anyway now. I know if Bradley was being brought up as an at large discussion he would have to leave the room. I know last year or year before mike whites dad was on committee and anytime Florida and duke was being discussed he had to leave

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I drummed up another memory of Chris Reynolds, I hope I'm not wrong on this one.  He tried dunking at Illinois but missed, so on senior night Calbert Cheaney held him up so he could dunk.  Please don't tell me this one's wrong too
I was at that game. Champaign is an hour drive for me on I57

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Fred already taking steps to distance himself from his replacement?

Fred Glass says that he won't formally help in the selection process for Indiana's next athletic director. That will be 100% run by President McRobbie.

100% run by McRobbie.  I'm scared......

28 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

No. Just means when IU would be brought up he has to leave the room. It might have to do that anyway now. I know if Bradley was being brought up as an at large discussion he would have to leave the room. I know last year or year before mike whites dad was on committee and anytime Florida and duke was being discussed he had to leave

That's a big improvement from when they allowed Rick Hartzell to officiate games while his own university was on the bubble.  He really screwed us up in Madison

9 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

100% run by McRobbie.  I'm scared......

I heard run by a committee as well from what I saw on twitter from media. I think a committee will recommend someone to McRobbie and he will approve or deny the hire and have final say. As I said who we hire will say a lot about how much McRobbie is or isn't hamstringing the athletic program.

Either way McRobbie will retire soon also so not sure he cares enough to deny someone if committee makes a qualified recommendation.

9 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Either way McRobbie will retire soon also so not sure he cares enough to deny someone if committee makes a qualified recommendation.

People like McRobbie usually have enormous egos which makes them likely to exert their power and control to the very end. If he is retiring soon, the right thing to do would be to allow his successor to name the new A.D. The fact that he is not speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

People like McRobbie usually have enormous egos which makes them likely to exert their power and control to the very end. If he is retiring soon, the right thing to do would be to allow his successor to name the new A.D. The fact that he is not speaks volumes.

This is my exact thought. Well stated. 

20 minutes ago, cthomas said:

It really only matters if the committee comes up with a great candidate (lets say Pat Kraft) and McRobbie vetoes it much like Herbert vetoed Beilein for Sampson since he wanted a minority. Like I said who we hire will tell us whether McRobbie simply listens to the committee and takes recommendations or personally puts a cronie in there who wants athletics to be in a limited role. It was obvious when Sampson came out of nowhere someone intervened (and now we know the whole story). Until someone is hired we won't really know what McRobbie does or is trying to do and I am not going to worry until I see who we get.     

Also on McRobbie from everything I have heard from people who work at University he is a decent president in a lot of ways but has faults and is way better then the last two idiots (Herbert and Brand) we have had. He just doesn't get athletics. As long as he takes who the committee recommends and doesn't hijack the process like Herbert did we should be OK.   

I'm happy he is retiring. In my opinion, he never really had an original thought in regards to anything he did at IU (WTF on the bill of rights). All of the athletic capital projects in my opinion are average and not above and beyond and pushing the limits. However, IU was a mess when he took over. 

I think he's set up the next IU AD really nicely to take IU to the next level, a level that he was never able to achieve himself. 

All of the athletic capital projects in my opinion are average and not above and beyond and pushing the limits.

Compared to?

Edit: But you did say he did a good job by saying he set the next AD up nicely. And here this whole time I thought you guys didn’t like Glass .

21 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I'm happy he is retiring. In my opinion, he never really had an original thought in regards to anything he did at IU (WTF on the bill of rights). All of the athletic capital projects in my opinion are average and not above and beyond and pushing the limits. However, IU was a mess when he took over. 

I think he's set up the next IU AD really nicely to take IU to the next level, a level that he was never able to achieve himself. 

I can't figure out where your IU passion lies (not a dig, totally serious). You don't know Chris Reynolds, you don't post in other forum topics, and are dissatisfied with (it seems) all coaching. What are your IU interests?  No credit to Glass for positive things?

I can't figure out where your IU passion lies (not a dig, totally serious). You don't know Chris Reynolds, you don't post in other forum topics, and are dissatisfied with (it seems) all coaching. What are your IU interests?  No credit to Glass for positive things?

I always figured it was a parody of Gradman (similar on GBI) or someone Gradman created to agree with himself randomly due to the reasons you state. But I was wrong. I assume Gradman knows who Reynolds is.

3 hours ago, cthomas said:

Just an uniformed opinion here, but if the problem lies with the BOT and it remains the same and it hired McRobbie and he hired Glass, what makes anyone think something different is likely? It seems a philosophy about priorities is in place and I would expect more of the same.

20190129_MBB_Jersey_KSD_0508-900x400.jpg

Lol I am not a parody of Gradman. I was born in 1990 and wasn’t a fan of IUBB until I went to school there in 2009-2010. I was the first person in my family to go to IU. So pardon my lack of knowledge from when I was 3 years old and growing up in a family that didn’t care for IUBB. Both my brothers went to UofL and my brother is friends with Jurich’s daughter, hints my Jurich connection and why I’m so high on him. I also have met Fred Glass many times and I’m telling you, when compared to Jurich it’s night and day.

I am a huge fan, I’m just absolutely frustrated with the last 11 years of IUBB. I have disliked Crean as a coach and I disliked FG as an AD, I also dislike McRobbie as a president.

I can’t deny that Fred took over a failing athletic department and brought us up to the 21st century. However, I wanted to see us go above and beyond what other schools have done. At this point, what I believe sets IUBB apart from other programs is our history and in state talent, not facilities.

I think that now that the foundation is set, the next AD can really shine.

Being a fan of IUBB and wanting to see Iu accomplish more are not mutually exclusive. I go to the Reservoir bar in NYC most games so if anyone would like to meet up in person to discuss IUBB I’d be happy to do so.

Like I’ve said in the past, I think we missed on Holtmann and I would love to have Chris Beard. But I’m not rooting for Iu to lose.

Lol I am not a parody of Gradman. I was born in 1990 and wasn’t a fan of IUBB until I went to school there in 2009-2010. I was the first person in my family to go to IU. So pardon my lack of knowledge from when I was 3 years old and growing up in a family that didn’t care for IUBB. Both my brothers went to UofL and my brother is friends with Jurich’s daughter, hints my Jurich connection and why I’m so high on him. I also have met Fred Glass many times and I’m telling you, when compared to Jurich it’s night and day.

I am a huge fan, I’m just absolutely frustrated with the last 11 years of IUBB. I have disliked Crean as a coach and I disliked FG as an AD, I also dislike McRobbie as a president.

I can’t deny that Fred took over a failing athletic department and brought us up to the 21st century. However, I wanted to see us go above and beyond what other schools have done. At this point, what I believe sets IUBB apart from other programs is our history and in state talent, not facilities.

I think that now that the foundation is set, the next AD can really shine.

Being a fan of IUBB and wanting to see Iu accomplish more are not mutually exclusive. I go to the Reservoir bar in NYC most games so if anyone would like to meet up in person to discuss IUBB I’d be happy to do so.

Like I’ve said in the past, I think we missed on Holtmann and I would love to have Chris Beard. But I’m not rooting for Iu to lose.

The only thing I would disagree on is missing on Holtmann. You can’t miss on someone that doesn’t want to be here. Beilein? I think we missed on him. I guess the Jurich thing too. No chance an IU admin hires someone like Jurich or gives him the power Jurich had at UL, and subsequently gave to Pitino/Petrino. So I would be willing to bet you will be frustrated for sure regardless.