Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

This is my concern, McRobbie hiring someone with the same mindset as him.

I have to change my signature now.

I was told by a very reliable source that McRobbie is retiring next year, and that has been the plan for a while now. Strange timing. Maybe we have a new AD and New President within an 18 month period.

It's pretty much common knowledge that President Dundee is retiring soon after the bicentennial campaign. I'd feel more at ease if we find out a committee is finding our new AD with say Trustee Quinn running the point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ill be honest, I don’t know how I feel about this shocking news. I didn’t mind Glass. I felt like, with the “restrictions” we feel are in place that he did a good job.

I’ve always said I wanted IUBB in a level playing field but I’m not sure that happens no matter who the AD is.

To me this is crazy news and super unexpected. Health or fishy.

I hope he is well. I believe he loved Indiana and it’s sports programs and think in general he was a good spokesman.

I would love if the next AD is hyper competitive and is allowed to function in the construct of the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You hire people who share your values and beliefs, therefore I find it impossible to believe Jurich is a fantastic guy. Pretty good AD though.

In the unlikely event the NCAA actually brings it down on UL, would Jurich be part of it?  i.e. can an AD or ex-AD get a "show cause" penalty.

I have to say that before the revelations that led to Jurich & Pitino's exit, I saw Jurich as the model of the kind of AD I wished we had.  I don't see any way he'd get consideration for the job.

Have seen Pat Kraft's name mentioned by several different people and I'm not advocating one way or the other because I'm totally unfamiliar with the man but this is from a Temple U. website and it sounds pretty good.

https://owlsports.com/staff-directory/dr-patrick-kraft/474

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Are you talking about the Duke Final Four game -- when we were not only playing the Devils, but the refs? ... If so, maybe you're thinking of Jamal Meeks? After Leary made all those 3s, we still had a chance to tie, but Meeks fired our final salvo -- and missed. 

I drummed up another memory of Chris Reynolds, I hope I'm not wrong on this one.  He tried dunking at Illinois but missed, so on senior night Calbert Cheaney held him up so he could dunk.  Please don't tell me this one's wrong too

Just now, Josh said:

I drummed up another memory of Chris Reynolds, I hope I'm not wrong on this one.  He tried dunking at Illinois but missed, so on senior night Calbert Cheaney held him up so he could dunk.  Please don't tell me this one's wrong too

Ha! ... That one did happen ... Was pretty comical! 

Reynolds is a new member of the selection committee. Last year was his first year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app