Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I think Fred’s tenure as AD will be looked at very positively. The capital improvements he made in his 10 years are very impressive. 

Also good hires in football, baseball and woman's basketball. Mens basketball to be determined.

25 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Appreciate what Glass has done, but hope our next AD can take the next step with our basketball program, especially if change is needed (praying that we don’t and Archie takes us back to a blue blood).

Still, regardless of how I feel about certain things, Glass did do a great job with a lot of things.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe the next AD can help massage some rules

Good news. Ready for a change understanding not all change is good. I think the next hire will give clarity on where sports rank at IU. Prefer an outside experienced guy though I could see an argument for Reynolds focusing more on the BB program.

Also good hires in football, baseball and woman's basketball. Mens basketball to be determined.

Is there any feeling of confidence around town McRobbie can get this right? I am hopeful with a couple of the BOT, but McRobbie scares the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Correct me if I'm wrong, Archie is in year 3 of a 7 year contract?  I find it hard to believe he'll be getting that important extension before the end of next year with a new boss

Will try and ask around at game Saturday, but nobody I ever sit with brought this up of a possibility recently. I have been to a few of the games lately and I think they would have heard if there were rumors.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, mdn82 said:

Is there any feeling of confidence around town McRobbie can get this right? I am hopeful with a couple of the BOT, but McRobbie scares the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bill Stephen is also helping with the hire as he did last time when Glass got the job. So a little confidence in him 

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Off the top of my head, I'll throw out Pat Kraft, Chris Reynolds, Scott Dolson as people who I think would do a great job. 

Pretty sure it is a small list of Pat Kraft and Scott Dolson. My preference is Chris Reynolds.

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Does anyone think this is weird timing? Wonder if there is more to this than we know. He said not too long ago on JMV that he was about halfway through his tenure as AD.

You usually have the inside info at times (I'm checking my sources and have nothing either but mine are much much more limited then yours and more second hand). I am curious myself if this is for lack of support from McRobbie and administration and he wants out or Glass just is tired of the pressure.

As I said above who we hire says a lot. If it is a legit candidate like Pat Kraft or some of the names thrown out there then it probably means Glass just is sick of job and most of what is in press release is true. If its some kind of weird hire like someone who has had little success at previous job or a VP with no Athletic experience like Clapacs in past then its probably not good and means McRobbie either forced Glass out or Glass felt little support. 

Like I said the best thing is if Archie fails the new AD won't feel married to him and will lead to a quicker change.   

Just now, MoyeNeeded said:

Pretty sure it is a small list of Pat Kraft and Scott Dolson. My preference is Chris Reynolds.

Who is Chris Reynolds? I'm not familiar. Also isn't Scott Dolson in the current Athletic Department? The Marian AD i would get behind. 

I know people hate him. But I'm telling you Tom Jurich is a fantastic guy. Its a shame his football and Basketball coaches were scumbags, because good god he knows how to win. They produced a Heisman Trophy winner, National Championship in BB.